HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-18-2010, 08:19 AM   #11
The LL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Div and Nat's,,,why do you race ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Steltz View Post

Is it the Pro-Tree ?

Is it the actual racing ?

Is it the partying ?

Is it the Wally (especially for those who dont have one or more yet) ?
yes. add:

hanging with my out of state friends i otherwise wouldnt see very often

playing new golf courses

getting out of town as often as possible....even better when the wife and dogs tag along.
The LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:40 AM   #12
darkside

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

While I only achieve my goal at less than 10% of the Nationals and Divisionals I enter, usually race all them for the same reason....to win them. Oh yeah, hanging with bb and all my friends takes the sting off of the other ones.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #13
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

When I raced Divisional races it was for the competition, some of the best drivers in the division show at these events. Not just the same guys every weekend. When you race Nationals you are looking at racing some of the touring pro's whom you would never be given the chance to race against locally. other than that its the people racing for 25+ years have made alot of friends and love to go and see everyone.
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #14
Ron Finney

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Like Bob and Doughboy said, its the people. We love racing and have been doing it for over 30years. But the nice thing about the divisionals is that you have time to talk to friends, get to actually watch some racing yourself and enjoy the weekend. You don't have to live by your car waiting to run back to the lanes all day. Its not for everyone, that's why there are other types of events. I love the wallies, but would like to add to our collection.....the competition and points chases are great and the Jeg's Allstars is awesome. We look at it as a great camping trip that we get to play with our cars....If you try to make it a financial win, you are probably going to be diasappointed. Maybe like Bob said, its that we are getting older. My son gets bored to tears at the divisionals, and usually pulls out Saturday night and hits a local bracket race and then comes back in the morning to race the divisional. To each his own.....And...if you haven't had any apple pie, well, no wonder you don't like the divisionals.......

See everyone in April!!!!

Last edited by Ron Finney; 12-18-2010 at 11:12 AM. Reason: typo
Ron Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:19 AM   #15
chebby2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Div and Nat's,,,why do you race ?

Don't like to fish
chebby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #16
Wheelie58

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I sit and ponder the same questions, as I shell out the ever increasing entry fees for the Divisional races.
It is always a lot of fun. Heads-up pro tree is good, but I could learn to live without the throttle stop.
Great times with lots of racing friends..any track..any race series, though.

I think that some of the door cars may migrate to the Unleashed series in 2011, after they experience one. It is very realistic to have an effective dual-purpose race car, running S/ST or S/G and the Unleashed indexes. Just make the box and timer removable and the stop either removable or take the solenoids off.
In the Unleashed series, you will find reasonable entry fees, respectable payouts, and a race that starts on Friday and ends Saturday night.
All 3 (Unleashed, Division and National) series are a blast. Now the door cars have a choice of one other type of event.
Add on a few bracket races, and the local tracks' S/ST and S/G association races....and the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion nostalgia races and there is a wide variety of places to burn lots of methanol (or gas...if that is your flavor...).
One example of a fun trip: Travel trom Atlanta to Indy...race the Unleashed event....Get up Sunday morning, put the delay box back in...run a bracket race at Bean Blossom (Brown County Dragway) on the way back to ATL. Gimme some more of that type of weekend!

Race on!
Keith

Last edited by Wheelie58; 12-18-2010 at 12:05 PM. Reason: typo
Wheelie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #17
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 700 Times in 204 Posts
Talking Re: Div and Nat's,,,why do you race ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chebby2 View Post
Don't like to fish
X2 !, Tom
Old 12-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #18
don R

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's a good question, one I have been pondering lately. I am retired and love the racing but it is getting to the point where I am wondering if it is worth the things I have to give up in order to stay out there. I have spent more than ever lately and we are running well but how long can I justify the expense?

My street rod has needed paint for years and I stalled on my motorcycle projects due to the car needing the available funds.

We may stay closer to home but I have a couple small sponsors and they like my trips to Joliet and Indy.
don R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:12 AM   #19
Dice

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The best drug in da world is called ADRENALINE. Nuff said...
Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:56 AM   #20
billy leber

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside View Post
While I only achieve my goal at less than 10% of the Nationals and Divisionals I enter, usually race all them for the same reason....to win them. Oh yeah, hanging with bb and all my friends takes the sting off of the other ones.
cuz of my my sub average i.q. . oh and cuz lynnie and shannon are fun to hang with. details to be revealed if lynn continues to refuse to pay the blackmail money....