HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-21-2015, 08:34 AM   #21
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 985 Times in 300 Posts
Default Re: Super Comp getting to be rediculous

I was thinking some more on this subject and more towards what Chris said about everyone being between .88 and .91 on time. I was at Cecil County watching over the weekend (Sat & Sun) and know they got 3 time runs on Friday and 1 on Saturday plus you had the Top 8 Shootout on Friday Night if you had wished to partake. We all know for most .90 racers you need two runs to get your ratio. You run a mid-80 run and a mid-90 run to get your computer to get you that ever so important "Middle ratio" that you hope will put you on a .900 on the next run. Now if you ran the shootout at Cecil and won you have already made 7 hits on your car by 1st round. To me if your not dead-on and at least a teen on the tree after 7 runs you should maybe pack up and go home. I know with the MASCA series we give everyone two shots in the morning and by the time first round comes around everyone is pretty deadly with their dial and on the tree. I mean we had someone lose with a .006 thousandths package at our last race at Atco. I mean I know none of us pull into a track and go "Boy I hope I'm a .050 on the tree this weekend" but, when you give so much extra runs to his the tree and dial your car it becomes a no brainier that you should be .000 and .900 on the your runs. Unfortunately, Friday is a long day so I'm not sure if you do 1 time run on Friday and 1 on Saturday without having people up in arms about not getting any runs. It's a catch 22 anyways you look at it.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:09 PM   #22
Bucky

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I really don't see the problem. What I am reading is everybody expounding on what the weakness is in their program. If the driver wasn't part of the program anymore, then you wouldn't have some drivers that win a lot more than others. But we do. Not sure how computers have made the racing tighter either. 15 years ago they were running within two of the index too. No computers. And then we have those who are upset about how much others are holding. If you can race em honest and run the number, then do it. If holding is that much of an advantage, then do it! And remember that a super fast car often had trouble judging a much slower car. So show those fast cars who is boss with a slow car. And if the driver isn't part of the equation, then why is holding a problem?

Please please please let's not whine our way into ruining a decent class. S/C racing is fun, and I enjoy it. And I tend to win some rounds when I go s/c racing. In a small block car that is 11 years old. Go figure.
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:57 PM   #23
Another Friendly Racer

Liked 11 Times in 3 Posts

Didn't Luke B. just win the Brainerd Nats, B.G., and Indy in s/c back to back to back? Maybe superior talent can still dominate in this class.
Another Friendly Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:14 PM   #24
Angelo DiTocco

Liked 172 Times in 38 Posts

If you win today it is as much luck as skill to me.....

I have to agree with Rich - winning (in any class not just SC) is a about an equal amount of skill & luck. No one can control what happens in the other lane. You can lay down a near perfect run, and from time to time, have an opponent be a just a hair better (on that pass) and get the win when your package might have been enough to beat everyone else in that round. That can be particularly frustrating if it happens at a few consecutive races.
I've experienced the same thing over the years in SS & stock.
The flip side?? Sometimes you have a killer package in a round when you don't need it, like where an average package would have won it.... only to have an average package in the next round and get drilled by someone with a killer package. That's just the way break out racing is - I think there might be a little bit of an advantage to the higher mph car in general, but personally I don't see it as any advantage. There are strategies the driver of slower car can utilize to guard against a strategy of a faster car holding & pacing.
From a mental preparation perspective - if a racer goes into a round feeling like they are at a disadvantage it is going to have an effect their game..... their reaction time.... or maybe the wrong decision or second guessing at the finish line.
Anyway - that's my perspective on things (having only raced SC a few times).
I have found some things to be the same as bottom bulb racing - know your car, be prepared, pay attention, & focus on your own game.
It might be because it's something different and a new challenge to me, but I think it is an absolute blast and I wouldn't be in a rush to change anything (except possibly the index).
Going to a 5 second staging rule, or an instant green would make the results more chaotic I believe - one resulting in more red lights and the other more late lights - the better drivers would have more of an advantage. IMO - the current rules work pretty well to equalize the playing field. That's what I think, for whatever it's worth.
Angelo DiTocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:02 AM   #25
Nitro Joe Jackson
VIP Member

Location: Loudonville, Ohio or where ever the Nitro Lounge is parked
Liked 66 Times in 18 Posts

anybody looking to enter SG or SC at Keystones, send me a "im" or e-mail.
I'm pulling our entry and will wait till your ready to enter