HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Carolina Class Racers Association

Old 02-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #21
jim reynolds

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: 2013 CCRA Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Peterson View Post
right scott good point who needs more cars more support from the races i forgot if we allow that then we are comparing it to bracket racing..whatever man.

i guess we have no say in anything that happens at these races, years ago this was supposed to be something fun for all of us to do instead of high prices and long waits at the nationals, i have no problem with rules and i think a second chance race is a great idea to have at the combos, but what is the problem with a person that has a STOCKER and a SUPER STOCKER being able to race at the same event IHRA allows this at there track hosted combos, and you can run both cars i did it at rockingham a few years ago..if im going to drive to VMP for a combo i would like to take 2 cars, there is no extra hits on the tree thats a moot point no car is exactly the same so saying i get a time run in both cars that is no extra time on the tree leaving with a transbrake is not the same as leaving with a footbrake, make it 1 time run per car then if thats the problem i have no problem making a run in my ss car and a run in my stocker and thats it, thats the ww do it at the 2 day races...

i thought we took a survey on this... and what was the result i never heard anything,, im beginning to wonder if this is Scott Tilleys Stock Super Stock Association, if your so concerd and such an avid class racer how is you run an association and dont even show up to all your events last year or run but 1 or 2 IHRA races.....

this is the guy that tells us how we are supposed to run our association
Well Scott, it's a damn shame that with all of your wonderful hard work along with Tabitha's that you have to listen to garbage like this!!!! As one of CCRA's sponsors I agree that we follow the original premise of IHRA rules and the last time i checked we can't run 2 cars in the same eliminator.... nuff said. I for one, hope your don't get discouraged hearing this b.s. and i sincerely appreciate your hard work to give us an alternative place to race. Hell, i've got 6 race cars....I'm perfectly happy to bring only 1!
jim reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #22
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim reynolds View Post
Well Scott, it's a damn shame that with all of your wonderful hard work along with Tabitha's that you have to listen to garbage like this!!!! As one of CCRA's sponsors I agree that we follow the original premise of IHRA rules and the last time i checked we can't run 2 cars in the same eliminator.... nuff said. I for one, hope your don't get discouraged hearing this b.s. and i sincerely appreciate your hard work to give us an alternative place to race. Hell, i've got 6 race cars....I'm perfectly happy to bring only 1!
Jim, opinions are opinions that's just it an opinion, I along with others are not trying to change a thing just asking if we can race 2 different cars in a combo race... I apologize for my actions and words that were not the best to use but I apologize for them... I'm fine with racing one car it was a simple question and I'm tired of it being resorted to the term bracket racing not class racing...l told Scott and Tabitha I thankful for what they did no question about that...
Brandon Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #23
jim reynolds

Quote:
Jim, opinions are opinions that's just it an opinion, I along with others are not trying to change a thing just asking if we can race 2 different cars in a combo race... I apologize for my actions and words that were not the best to use but I apologize for them... I'm fine with racing one car it was a simple question and I'm tired of it being resorted to the term bracket racing not class racing...l told Scott and Tabitha I thankful for what they did no question about that...
OK, I appreciate that. I was just offended for Scott that you seemed to be beating him up for not seeing things your way. I LOVE to race as much as you do, i've just had to concentrate on my business the last couple of years and not been able to. Let's just enjoy this sport, support our orgination, with the current rules, and compete against one another. BTW, these aren't bracket cars and i'm with you...i could build a competitive bracket car with the money i have in just the valvetrain in my '57!!!! Let's enjoy what we have while we have it!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #24
Jeffl52

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No apologies needed just both sides of the discussion voicing their opions. At the end of the story we must and will abide by our associations decision. Dont see the need for anyone to get bent out of shape for something that will continue to grow with all of our support. I for one believe this organization can grow to be big enough for people to skip IHRA or NHRA races to attend a CCRA race instead. As a sponsor myself we hope to continue our contribution throughout the growth process. You'll see atleast 3 of our cars at the first event and every event after. We'll be sure to have 3 drivers as well.LOL!! See everyone in a few weeks...
Jeffl52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #25
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
OK, I appreciate that. I was just offended for Scott that you seemed to be beating him up for not seeing things your way. I LOVE to race as much as you do, i've just had to concentrate on my business the last couple of years and not been able to. Let's just enjoy this sport, support our orgination, with the current rules, and compete against one another. BTW, these aren't bracket cars and i'm with you...i could build a competitive bracket car with the money i have in just the valvetrain in my '57!!!! Let's enjoy what we have while we have it!!!
Jim, thanks I have talked with Scott and have spoke about what was said on that note I ambwith you on everything lets race and have fun, I don't have quite the money u have in your vette ( which is a priceless race car) but we put the time and quality in our cars and spending a dime on our ss program this year...
Brandon Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #26
jim reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffl52 View Post
No apologies needed just both sides of the discussion voicing their opions. At the end of the story we must and will abide by our associations decision. Dont see the need for anyone to get bent out of shape for something that will continue to grow with all of our support. I for one believe this organization can grow to be big enough for people to skip IHRA or NHRA races to attend a CCRA race instead. As a sponsor myself we hope to continue our contribution throughout the growth process. You'll see atleast 3 of our cars at the first event and every event after. We'll be sure to have 3 drivers as well.LOL!! See everyone in a few weeks...
ACTUALLY, Scott did deserve Brandon's apology and Brandon admirably did. Class racing always has been and always should be the prestigous single elimination and single entry tournament. There are plenty of BRACKET races around where u can double practice since u want it! I'm not bent out of shape, there is no reason to dumb down class racing. I also believe that the original CCRA rule of only allowing cars that have passed IHRA or NHRA tech to compete to be upheld!!! I think you dad supports that. Your so called "growth" process only seems to allow people like you with 2 cars to compete with the single car people and you enjoying the advantages of double hits and double elimination. If everyone can't do that then it's an unfair advantage any way you want to slice it with your 3 car, 3 driver lol's. One thing's for sure, I won't miss any CCRA races this year. I'll be sure to be there with 1 car AND 1 driver as well....LOL!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #27
Tracy Robbins

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
right scott good point who needs more cars more support from the races i forgot if we allow that then we are comparing it to bracket racing..whatever man.

i guess we have no say in anything that happens at these races, years ago this was supposed to be something fun for all of us to do instead of high prices and long waits at the nationals, i have no problem with rules and i think a second chance race is a great idea to have at the combos, but what is the problem with a person that has a STOCKER and a SUPER STOCKER being able to race at the same event IHRA allows this at there track hosted combos, and you can run both cars i did it at rockingham a few years ago..if im going to drive to VMP for a combo i would like to take 2 cars, there is no extra hits on the tree thats a moot point no car is exactly the same so saying i get a time run in both cars that is no extra time on the tree leaving with a transbrake is not the same as leaving with a footbrake, make it 1 time run per car then if thats the problem i have no problem making a run in my ss car and a run in my stocker and thats it, thats the ww do it at the 2 day races...

i thought we took a survey on this... and what was the result i never heard anything,, im beginning to wonder if this is Scott Tilleys Stock Super Stock Association, if your so concerd and such an avid class racer how is you run an association and dont even show up to all your events last year or run but 1 or 2 IHRA races.....

this is the guy that tells us how we are supposed to run our association
I am very disappointed in some of the remarks I see here...that said I am glad apologies have been extended. There are only positives for the people trying to run multiple cars in a situation like this, it definitely will not attract additional members but it may encourage a few to stay home. In a points earning race the biggest advantage I see is if you get a round where you run yourself and the others don't have that option for a "free" round. If they allow it at an IHRA combo race you have to remember they aren't keeping points, that is a stand alone event. I don't think we want to end up with just 4 or 5 guys racing 2 cars and others not attending. I have raced multiple cars before and I know for a fact that it helped me to get more laps, more hits at the tree, just all around more comfortable knowing if you lost in one car you still had a chance in another. I really don't think it's just about getting more cars but we need more members.
Believe me, I know how difficult the job is that Scott is doing and insults don't make it any easier. Just support what we have and be happy we have someone willing to put the time and energy into coordinating it!
Just my .02 cents
Old 02-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #28
Dave Ribeiro
VIP Member

Liked 56 Times in 27 Posts
Wink Re: 2013 CCRA Season

Scott,

Just a thought don't change your rules , as Jim /Tracy said IHRA & NHRA wouldn't allow this why should CCRA ... Why not increase the entry fee by $25 & it will do the same think without giving any advantage to other people !! If it's about Money then this should workout & everyone can be Happy ? You guys have a good thing going don't ruin it , stay away from Two cars & Buy-backs ... The Race at VMP will draw more racers to CCRA , so keep expanding the track base ... I have to agree with everyone that Scott has done a great Job and needs our support for his hard work ... Keeping the sponsor's Happy is the most important thing you can do... Without them you are Toast !! Just something's to think about?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #29
SCOTT TILLEY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

There are alot of people out there that says class racing is a dying breed. I'm not sure it's dying, but I do believe that there has been decline of class racers. The so called "old timers", which anyone in their 40's and 50's as I am, are not too far away from that title, has kept class racing alive are getting to the point of retirement from drag racing. It is now on all of our shoulders to preserve and keep the integrity and grass roots of class racing prosperous and growing in the direction that they gave us so many years ago. The more we dilute the rules, the more we dilute what class racing was and still is all about. Getting the best performance we can get within a set and limited amount of guidelines. As Jim said, owning and/or driving a class car is "prestigous". Anyone can go bracket racing. but it is our special breed that wants more from racing than just going down the track. Lets try to bring back the prestige that class racers once had and keep it growing for the generations that follow behind us.

With all of this being said, if there is a question of legality of anyone racing in the CCRA., please let me know with a phone call, PM, or an e-mail and I will deal with the issue and also seek the advise from long time class racers within our association. This is not something that needs to come through the grapevine but directly to me. We are abiding by IHRA's rulebook which includes engine and car rules and regulations. I have full confidence in our racers and members that they will support the decision of the CCRA if someone is deemed to be illegal.

There are alot of our racers and members that have suggested that we have a tech official on site at all of our races. I am all for that!!! But, that cost money. We need $150.00 each race to have a Stock/Super Stock official present. If we could get a sponsor for that, we wouldn't need to take $1200.00 out of the points fund. The other suggestion I have is to up the entry $5.00, from $75.00 to $80.00 and that would take care of the $150.00 per race. Please let me know your suggestions on this!!! It is important to have everyones input on this.

Lets grow the CCRA into an association that we can be proud of and keep the prestigous aspect of owning/driving a Stock, Super Stock or Modified car alive for many years to come.

Thanks
Scott Tilley
superstock9327@yahoo.com
919-291-4355 (cell)
SCOTT TILLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #30
Jeffl52

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: 2013 CCRA Season

Quote:
ACTUALLY, Scott did deserve Brandon's apology and Brandon admirably did. Class racing always has been and always should be the prestigous single elimination and single entry tournament. There are plenty of BRACKET races around where u can double practice since u want it! I'm not bent out of shape, there is no reason to dumb down class racing. I also believe that the original CCRA rule of only allowing cars that have passed IHRA or NHRA tech to compete to be upheld!!! I think you dad supports that. Your so called "growth" process only seems to allow people like you with 2 cars to compete with the single car people and you enjoying the advantages of double hits and double elimination. If everyone can't do that then it's an unfair advantage any way you want to slice it with your 3 car, 3 driver lol's. One thing's for sure, I won't miss any CCRA races this year. I'll be sure to be there with 1 car AND 1 driver as well....LOL!!!
No the GROWTH process I'm speaking of is the actual growth I feel we can achieve through this association. If anyone hasn't noticed we are growing, but with any growth there will be some growing pains which will be handled accordlingly. Had already stated it was just a opinion and we'll abide by the rules our leader and fellow racers. I for one love these events and in no way want to jeopardize the CCRA in any way. We've all had a bad idea or 2!!! Hope everyone is still in good spirits and are as excited as me to start another year. I'm pulling out tomorrow night for Gainesville which will be my first NHRA race and pretty excited about that as well!!

Last edited by Jeffl52; 02-13-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Jeffl52 is offline   Reply With Quote