HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
russellauto1

Liked 40 Times in 6 Posts
Default New D/PS Firebird

This is the car I have been working on for the past 6 months. I want to thank Ed wright for the Chip tuning, Mark Yacavone for the Converter and everyone else who has given me advice from there years of "trial and error". Hope to get some runs on it before the end of the month.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	firebird.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	23188  
russellauto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
KennyAnderson

Liked 234 Times in 80 Posts
Default Re: New D/PS Firebird

Car looks GREAT Aaron! Cant wait for a race report from you. When do you think you will be out?

I'm on a new project I had hoped to not have to do yet. Broke the rear in mine already! LOL! I have been leaving at 2k and left the old worn out x275 drag radials on there in hopes of keeping it alive but it broke a 40 run brand new pinion. Got a 12 bolt sitting here, ordered a new torque arm and control arms yesterday and will open up the wheel openings to fit a 30" x 9" radial slick. Subframe connectors and if I have time before Bradenton (2 weeks) a six point. Good news is I will be ready to hammer it down low. Already been 1.62 shorty leaving EASY! Ran new bests before it broke of 8.06 and 12.81.
KennyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #3
russellauto1

Liked 40 Times in 6 Posts

Wow did not want to hear that. I rebuilt my rear end with aftermarket axles, 4.56 gear, solid pinion spacer,( which I hope makes a huge difference) new bearings, bars to support front of pinion to axle tubes, rear cap girdle cover, tig welded axle tubes, and 85w140 gear oil to hopefully take some of the shock . I then cut the housing ends off and straightened the housing . I put 8.5 x 26 m&t on the back. But I am going to leave 15 or so psi in them. That is an awesome new best time. I hope I can get my car to et that low. I think the tracks will start to open next week so I will let you know how it goes.

Last edited by russellauto1; 03-22-2014 at 05:09 PM.
russellauto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:11 PM   #4
KennyAnderson

Liked 234 Times in 80 Posts

Sounds like your rear oughta be good to go. All my guru buds told me not spend a penny on the 7.5" ten bolt especially since this car might become a crate motor or legal stocker down the road. I've been planning the 12 bolt swap since day one. Just hoped to do it down the road a bit. Got to looking at what it will entail to open up the wheelwells for a 30" tire. Looks like a BUNCH of work, especially behind the pass side tire. 28's might have to do for now.
KennyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote