HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 12-06-2017, 11:28 AM   #31
nhramnl

Liked 352 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: NHRA to allow any accepted engine/body combination in Pr

[QUOTE=Mike Jones;551118]I wonder how Charlie Westcott feels about the change...
Hope it doesn't hurt his program.

What program? As the old saying goes, "If he coulda, he woulda".
nhramnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:17 PM   #32
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,678 Times in 850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by novassdude View Post
I may be reading something into this but it states in 2018 this will be allowed. My hope is it is a 1 year stop gap till they can get a real solution figured out.
NHRA already has the “real solution” in mind...and don’t think it includes PS. And Westcott is fully capable of doing anything given the time and $ he can devote to it.

Last edited by jmcarter; 12-06-2017 at 12:22 PM.
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:55 PM   #33
Kevin McKenna

Liked 33 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Bob View Post
Pro stock was done in 2017, nothing I mean nothing will bring it back short of a complete re-do.
Another thing NHRA, says they discussed this with the Manufacturers, I am sure that was with Chevrolet only, because no one else would come, knowing what they were proposing.
Different bodies, give me a break, the only bodies that will get massaged will be Chevies by the factory, for their cars. Everyone one else will be left behind, thus Camaro only class.
I'm sure it wasn't Chevrolet only. 100% certain.
Kevin McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:48 PM   #34
Detroit Bob

Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McKenna View Post
I'm sure it wasn't Chevrolet only. 100% certain.
OK, inquiring minds want to know!
Old 12-06-2017, 02:10 PM   #35
joespanova

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
And Westcott is fully capable of doing anything given the time and $ he can devote to it.
Doesn't appear that way........
joespanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:29 PM   #36
Kevin McKenna

Liked 33 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Bob View Post
OK, inquiring minds want to know!
As noted in the release, this move was suggested/endorsed by the Pro Stock team owners. It was also done with the blessing of all three US manufacturers.

Will it fix the underlying issues with Pro Stock? Hard to say at this point but I think most would agree that doing nothing isn't an option.

Also, my personal opinion is that the sky is the limit for Factory Stock racing but I think it's important to manage the growth so it doesn't get completely out of hand. I think the current (2018) format shows a lot of promise with 7 events and stand alone eliminations.

My 2cents
Kevin McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #37
Coleydog

Liked 47 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
NHRA already has the “real solution” in mind...and don’t think it includes PS. And Westcott is fully capable of doing anything given the time and $ he can devote to it.
I feel for him, rules keep changing on him like a women's mind in a purse or shoe store.
Coleydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:19 PM   #38
Barry Polley

Liked 546 Times in 226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stage1scott View Post
Fs IS the new Pro Stock, whether they give them the title and prestige or not….
Original Pro Stockers built from FACTORY bodies and chassis with FACTORY engines-
BRAND IDENTITY
Current FS cars built from FACTORY bodies and FACTORY engines as produced by the big three-BRAND IDENTITY
Original Pro Stock cars LOOKED like the cars we sought and bought from our local dealers-sure ours didn’t have the big power but they looked like the racecars because they were like the racecars! BRAND IDENTITY
Current FS cars LOOK like the cars we can buy everyday down at our local dealers with one major plus-todays performance cars REALLY PERFORM! The current v6 platforms from all 3 make great power and can be driven to and on a track just as they come and be very satisfying-add the V8 muscle versions and you have real performance. Not to mention
BRAND IDENTITY!
Pro stock has been dead for me for nearly 30 years-however I follow the FS cars and all the Stock and Super Stock I can get to on my computers-cars I IDENTIFY with.
FS-ALL HAIL THE NEW PERFORMANCE CATEGORY BASED PRO STOCK!

So you drank the Kool aide... LOL... Come on, seriously?... FS will NEVER replace PS. Except for EFI all the technology came from PS. Heads, Manifold, pistons ring combos etc.. The timing of changes in PS was not good with the FS cars coming out.
How many Teams walked when the 2015/16 changes took place? I think the same thing will happen again. The sky is not falling....
Old 12-06-2017, 04:58 PM   #39
stage1scott

Liked 95 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Polley View Post
So you drank the Kool aide... LOL... Come on, seriously?... FS will NEVER replace PS. Except for EFI all the technology came from PS. Heads, Manifold, pistons ring combos etc.. The timing of changes in PS was not good with the FS cars coming out.
How many Teams walked when the 2015/16 changes took place? I think the same thing will happen again. The sky is not falling....
Barry you have a beautiful fast A/SA and I am only a spectator-AND-as a spectator I haven't watched ANY pro class since the mid eighties. No kool aid here-I and A LOT of people could care less about Pro Stock/Pro Mod/ TF and FC-I will take off a Thursday for the two Pomona races all the time to see -YOU! and everyone like you with a car that resembles ANYTHING I identify with. I sp[eak to NHRA (and a lot of other things out there today) with my wallet-keep racing that stocker and I will remain an enthusiast. PRO stock today? Cars that do not resemble anything on the road is just pro mod/funny car to me and many like me--what a joke
Old 12-06-2017, 05:24 PM   #40
Barry Polley

Liked 546 Times in 226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stage1scott View Post
Barry you have a beautiful fast A/SA and I am only a spectator-AND-as a spectator I haven't watched ANY pro class since the mid eighties. No kool aid here-I and A LOT of people could care less about Pro Stock/Pro Mod/ TF and FC-I will take off a Thursday for the two Pomona races all the time to see -YOU! and everyone like you with a car that resembles ANYTHING I identify with. I sp[eak to NHRA (and a lot of other things out there today) with my wallet-keep racing that stocker and I will remain an enthusiast. PRO stock today? Cars that do not resemble anything on the road is just pro mod/funny car to me and many like me--what a joke

I thank you Scott. I can appreciate that and I agree a lot has changed and its hard to identify with the new cars. I was there is the 70's, 80's, 90's, 2K and beyond. I was/ am fortunate to be involved with some great teams and cars. It is hard for me to accept the new FS cars into stock eliminator let alone the New PS class.... Nothing is stock about them but here they are.. Another thread.... I still love Pro Stock, Comp, Stock and Super Stock. I hope to see you at Pomona. Probably in Top Sportsman with my partner Jeff but not in the stocker. Closing a deal today on new property so time and money..., not allowing both... Happy Holidays
BP