HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-14-2023, 09:41 AM   #21
Darcy Clarke

Liked 418 Times in 28 Posts
Default Re: Have you ever thought about...............

I am fortunate to be able to race my dream cars the Twins!! The best part is being able to travel and race with a lot of my Freinds and New Friends, as a Kid I couldn't have dreamed this Big!!

Darcy Clarke
A/SA SS/EA
Darcy Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 10:23 AM   #22
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,732 Times in 418 Posts

My plan before the factory cars came out, was to run GTO's. I wanted to start with a 1964 and work my way through them ending with a 1971.
Old 01-14-2023, 10:54 AM   #23
pro7474

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Already own my dream car Chevy Colbalt SuperMod
pro7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 11:53 AM   #24
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,043 Times in 274 Posts

I don't know if I'll be able to make it happen, but what I have in mind is certainly not the the most competitive combination, and probably not the most competitive with either the body or the engine. In fact, in a different body, the engine is 12HP softer. But that's okay, it's relatively competitive, it's cool, and it's my favorite. It's not even the only one out there. But it does fit in with current programs I'm involved with.

It's one reason that I don't get super torn up about bogus factors and paper cars, etc. Because I didn't choose the most competitive combination possible, and I'm not chasing points, etc. This is pretty much just fun now. It doesn't make financial sense at all, and I know I surely can't afford to pursue even a Division title, if I can even drive worth a damn anymore.

I don't know that there's a combination I'd rather run, but there are some I'd love to play with. Maybe Fred's 62 Corvette fuel injected 327, a 67 Corvette with an L-71 (I'd prefer an L-88), or a 65 Chevelle 396, something really stupid, like a 409/425 in a 62-64 Impala, or something different, maybe a cool old Pontiac 421 Super Duty, or a Buick. None of them are killer combinations, most of them are reasonably competitive, in a faster class, and would be just fun.
Old 01-14-2023, 02:46 PM   #25
MAURICE BLENDHEIM

Liked 228 Times in 78 Posts

I thought about a homebuilt Tripoli Turquoise SS/EA 1968 Nova. It would have a Quick Fuel Carb (from Bridges), with "401" heads (from Bridges), 4.200" bore Big Block filled with parts from CP, BULLET, JESEL and MANLEY, MSD. The mechanical remainder of my thoughts include ROSSLER, ATI, AFCO, CSR, MAGNAFUEL, MOROSO, MARK WILLIAMS, WILWOOD.

The interior would be Light Grey(cdn) with KIRKEY's, GMPP gauges, PPP shifter and the necessary RACEPAK and MSD stuff. A bunch of Moly tubing fit to the inside with care. The odometer set to 396375 and the clock set to 9.20?

Also thoughts of some Real Good Buddies adding a helping hand and a generous supply of laughter, to keep things going.

Things that I didn't think about was the ridiculous amount of money a guy would have to spend. Realities like trying to weld in confined areas while being "big", metal slivers, remembering to wear safety glasses, cuts, bruises, late nights and spare time?
Oh I almost forgot, the car breaking loose in the trailer on the way back from being painted and smashing the front end against the back door of the trailer. It was a good thing we backed it in, the front fenders and hood were easy to replace. Nothing another month in the body shop and a complete paint job, to keep things real again.

At this point it sits as a Dusty piece of Art that survived a Quadruple Bypass, Covid (x2 once without and once with vaccines), Bladder Surgery and Bladder Infection (it's not for the weak).

My current thoughts are back onto the small amount left to complete it and have it out this season (no more excuses). Perfect timing, now that Mission Raceway lost its LODRS Race. Hope to be Testing and Tuning soon and heading to Seattle for the closest Divisional Race(s).

Hope to meet some more of you guys this year. If you see me it's the only Tripoli Turquoise SS/EA 1968 Nova (claimed to be a 1970), without Black Wheels.

The most rewarding part of my thoughts were the Engineering of it all and the Enjoyment I got from building everything myself. Can't wait to see how it all works.

Thoughts…MB.

Last edited by MAURICE BLENDHEIM; 01-14-2023 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Reset Clock
MAURICE BLENDHEIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 02:54 PM   #26
TBear5033

Liked 83 Times in 12 Posts

Took 8 years to sweet talk my way into the cockpit... Plan on racing it till I'm 80 yrs young!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chevy II.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	886.9 KB
ID:	65804  
TBear5033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 06:01 AM   #27
Tom P

Liked 217 Times in 88 Posts

Maurice, I don't believe you about the "No igloos" in Langley.

I think it's time to make that a SS/E (no A, eh) and run the stick races.
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 09:34 AM   #28
MAURICE BLENDHEIM

Liked 228 Times in 78 Posts

Tom…The car still retains its original 3 pedals. I have a new G-Force, Long Shifter and Youngblood Clutch on the shelf and I’ve modified the floor to accommodate the manual installation. I had the ROSSLER and a couple buckets of red fluid to use up first.
In regards to the Igloos, they are a little further North.

MB
MAURICE BLENDHEIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-23-2023, 09:30 AM   #29
stocker396

Liked 57 Times in 15 Posts

I am currently doing it. 1966 Chevelle SS396 396/325/ NOW 316! whoo hoo! . Not competitive yet but working on it. Its unique, No one else is doing one, and I've had it since High School.
Old 01-23-2023, 11:55 AM   #30
Stan Hawes

Liked 73 Times in 14 Posts
Cool Re: Have you ever thought about...............

Remember, anyone can restore a car but it takes a real man to cut one up.

Stan Hawes, Stirring the pot.
Stan Hawes is offline   Reply With Quote