HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #31
G E T Racin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Top Draster wheelbase

Any of you guys ever been at lvd on a Saturday??????
They can't get a 14 car sst race finished most of the time.

Of course once it gets to 4 or 5 o'clock and one of your 6 second cars is in the final you might want to look out for the dirt that settles onto our nice gluey surface. talk about a recipe for disaster.
Dont take my word for it --- ask The Big Kahuna (Frank Z) how many good passes he has there.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:01 PM   #32
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gary,

Is that stuff slippery??

Besides in an situation like that, where a car was dead-on all day and somehow went sideways as it got to the dirt track after they started running, I am sure they would give the racer a rerun to make it right.
krugracing12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #33
Brian Hansbury

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Hansbury

wow everyone jumped right in ....nice.....frank i gotta say it took me awhile to undertand penastarrail was penta star rail then i figured big bown hemi....sorry im slow .....
Brian Hansbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:03 PM   #34
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brian
I am glad you figured that out and posted, I never would of guessed until Frank came clean. At first I thought the Pentastar reference may have been some sort of Devil-worship thing. Actually Frankie, trying to run that Blower car at LVD might be a close comparison.

Frankie, you are one of the main reasons I chose only enough power to run about 7.50. I was actually shooting for 7.40 or a hair quicker but my car is very heavy. After watching you and Sean beating yourselves (and your checkbooks) up trying trying run fast there you could have given me a 1300 HP engine for free and I would have passed.

How is Laura? Are you guys going to ATCO for the Open?

Winter has sucked, fortunately I am going to the Gators with Bob Benza again and I can't Wait. I would have tried to get one of the cars down there, by the time plans were firmed up S/C was full.I am going to ATCO with both cars for the open and I am planning on leaving everything there until I can't take the weekly drive down any more.

Bill
krugracing12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:49 AM   #35
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I understand Bill. I have only raced lebanon valley during the NHRA races - as I stated I did not get to run the last race we tried to have because of breakage. But yes when I do come up for the first of our races and feel the track is not safe - then like you said I will have no problem leaving and never come back.

I am not sure how the track is on its best day - but if the people who run the track have half a brain they will make sure the track can handle cars that can run in the mid sixes - if not faster. If they do that and everyone is happy the series will thrive - all while being beneficial for the track. If he does not (which to be honest I think will be the case) then you will not see fast cars there. I will be the first to admit the first time I start sliding around at 200+ I am going home - no shame in admiting that - lol.

And yes it has been a very long winter - look forward to seeing everyone soon !
Michael Galofaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:19 AM   #36
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

Sorry, I thought you knew my sign on.
Actually, now that I think about it, if I knew that you didn't know who I was, I would have really messed with you :-)

As long as the weather holds (and rebuilds are complete) we'll be at ATCO beating the snot out of our stuff.

I understand exactly what your point is about LVD, (ALL TO WELL) we'll just have to wait and see if Howard makes good on the traction (etc.) as he promised Wayne. If Howard doesn't unfortunately the series will suffer BUT to no fault of Wayne and Scott.
My hat is off to Wayne and Scott for putting this series together, especially getting sponsors in this economy and not too mention the hours of their personal time and their own money to do all this. As far as the 7.49 thing I can understand it. As you know they'll be racing and the last thing they are going to need is to police all the entrants, (checking licenses, chassis certs, fire suits, fire systems, neck restraints, chutes, wings, vehicle weights, etc). As Scott pointed out, what do you do when a person with NO advanced et license wins a round running a 7.49 or quicker? Do you disqualify the guy and reinstate the looser, keep them both in, do they both loose, or do you BEND the rules and let him keep his win (which opens up a whole other pile of BS, where do you draw the line on rule bending)? That is NOT a call I would want to make. It just keeps eveything A LOT more simple. Like I said earlier, they just want to race and not have to play judge and jury which I can understand.

Aahhh, the Gators, I can't remember what 70 feels like (since I keep my house at 60). Tell Deb we said "HI" and hope all is well.

Come on SPRING......
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:13 AM   #37
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarrail View Post

I understand exactly what your point is about LVD, (ALL TO WELL) we'll just have to wait and see if Howard makes good on the traction (etc.) as he promised Wayne. If Howard doesn't unfortunately the series will suffer BUT to no fault of Wayne and Scott.
My hat is off to Wayne and Scott for putting this series together, especially getting sponsors in this economy and not too mention the hours of their personal time and their own money to do all this. As far as the 7.49 thing I can understand it. As you know they'll be racing and the last thing they are going to need is to police all the entrants, (checking licenses, chassis certs, fire suits, fire systems, neck restraints, chutes, wings, vehicle weights, etc). As Scott pointed out, what do you do when a person with NO advanced et license wins a round running a 7.49 or quicker? Do you disqualify the guy and reinstate the looser, keep them both in, do they both loose, or do you BEND the rules and let him keep his win (which opens up a whole other pile of BS, where do you draw the line on rule bending)? That is NOT a call I would want to make. It just keeps eveything A LOT more simple. Like I said earlier, they just want to race and not have to play judge and jury which I can understand.

Come on SPRING......
I am with you 100% on the hard work of Wayne and Scott we should also Andy from BEST Sanitation as well. I know at least at the two races last year he went above and beyond.

As far as the track conditions I am with you guys that we will have to wait and see. We also have to be smart about this deal ourselves. If there are a lot of street cars there on a Saturday lets race 1/8 mile like we did last year. In fact I wouldn't care if we raced 1/8 mile at every race. We cant come into a series assuming the track is not going to be good. I will be honest after the Division 1 race up there last year I swore I would never come back to Lebanon Valley again. But I gave it one more shot to support Wayne at that last race and I personally feel given 40degree track temps that the track was excellent. Wayne put up numbers in the 6.8s at 195 with no problem.

I want to see this work and will do whatever it takes to help. If it means tell me to get there at 6am and give a me a scraper and a torch I will be there. I am serious about this to.

Frank in regards to rules enforcement I dont think thats the responsibility of anyone racing in the series. I think that needs to be up to the Tech department of the track. They are ultimately responsible. just my opinion I am with you on not wanting to be the one.

Just curious, How does NHRA deal with the enforcement of running 7.49 with at 7.50 license. I personally feel it should be zero tolerance. One time your out.

B.J. Masiello
masracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #38
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would agree to the 1/8 mile right now as well. I know we always race 1/4 but like the rumors are, and even how the track has been known in the past with the dirt, I would place the giant triangle between my legs and say yeah let's do the 1/8- lol. With some cars going in excess of 170 ++ mph at half track I do think we are gonna see some issues at the top end of the 1/4. From what I am hearing we are going to have a few cars capable of 210 ++ and one that will be going 230 - LMAO !!!!!
But like we all stated - we'll just have to see. I would have no problem taking the nitrous off and running the nitrous tune up on power - should be able to hook on the dirt then ;-).
Yes Wayne has done a great job and is a true diehard top dragster racer and I would love to support his series - both as a friend and a competitor.

Last edited by Michael Galofaro; 02-14-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #39
Brian Hansbury

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Hansbury

wow again see everyone has opinions on this and they are all good ones ......guys think about what we are here for to have fun go fast and come back to do it again......lord knows we are not in this for the money ......but from a tech inspectors opinion (me) lol....it is the tracks duty to properly tech all the cars in for safety on the car and equipment ......i am willing to give up my time to personally tech all the top dragster cars in even in there pit area i know some of you guys have rather large bank accounts i mean rigs so u could roll in and park ur stuff and i would come to you on the golf cart (im tooo fat to walk ) lol

i personally dont care 1/8 mile or 1/4 actually 1/8 is easier on the car and quicker no chutes to pack etc....
Brian Hansbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #40
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What would be really nice if we can section off a nice portion of the paved area where we can all park together. This way you don't have to do that much walking ;-). lol