HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-06-2024, 05:56 PM   #11
richie 2

Liked 157 Times in 73 Posts
Default Re: Double $10,000 Napierville National Open Interest???

Leave it alone Sean….10k is everyone’s big dream and 5k Sunday is worth the race. Tks
richie 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 08:37 PM   #12
Greg Barsamian
VIP Member

Liked 390 Times in 84 Posts
Wink Re: Double $10,000 Napierville National Open Interest???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean ribeiro View Post
I would be in as long as Timmy Stickles provides me a couch
Too bad we can't get Arnie to come!
Greg Barsamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 08:53 PM   #13
Dave Casey
VIP Member

Liked 581 Times in 127 Posts

Thanks so much for all you do and have done for these events. I think any of your purse structures are great in their own way, and My guess is that regardless what you end up using, they will not affect the car count. Thanks, hope to be there
Old 02-08-2024, 11:58 AM   #14
dartman

Liked 68 Times in 41 Posts

I'll be there
dartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 03:21 PM   #15
Jeff Kempton

Liked 47 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS/GSI View Post
All fees and payouts above mentioned are in US Funds
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS/GSI View Post
This would be two grade points(one for the Saturday race and one for the Sunday race) Friday would be a bonus race.

We are leaning towards the triple 5k deal and paying down to earlier rounds of eliminations and lower entry fees.

Entry Fee: $250/race

W - $5000
RU - $1000
Semi - $500
Quarter - $250
1/8th - $100
1/16th - $50(1/16th round payout is based on 64cars)

More chances to win round $$$
Kevin, I have heard that racers will have the option to pay the entry in Canadian dollars and get the payout in Canadian, which brings the entry price down somewhat albeit for a reduced payout. Please confirm that this is the case.

I am surprised that there have not been more responses to this post yet. I have had several racers reach out to me and the consensus seems to be that the entry cost for all the listed options is still too high. I cannot speak for them, but you are asking for feedback and I thought you should know those opinions even if they opt not to post here.

A couple of the opinions shared with me were: "If you had the three $5K races for a $500 or less total entry you'd get a ton of cars" "The entry options are just too high when you factor in the dollar exchange and add the cost to get there"

I think many past participants of this race from Atlantic Canada have done so primarily for the NHRA Grade Points plus to earn points towards the John Scotti Canadian Stock/SuperStock Series championship, and racing for bigger payouts is not a priority for many of them if it means higher entry costs. Staying within their racing budget and spending their time at the track most effectively is what is they consider to be key. Having the optional race on Friday instead of Sunday obligates racers to get to the track on Wednesday to get a decent pit space and then potentially have little to do for the next two days if they are only there for the NO races and don't want to pay more for the optional race. Having it on Sunday would allow them to hit the road for home earlier if they choose not to race that day.

My preference would be to have the entry fees similar to the other Canadian NOs, which last year were around $400 for two races. Their payouts ranged from $2500-$5000 depending on the amount of supplemental sponsorship they had. With the Gaffney sponsorship for Napierville and a decent car count I would think $5000 to win is achievable, helped by only starting the payouts in the Quarters. The optional race should be held on Sunday and could have whatever entry and payout you desire, perhaps a $300 entry and $8000 to win.

Hopefully you will get more feedback soon to help you make the best decision. While my preference would be the above, of the options you listed I think 3 x $5K is the better one.

Jeff Kempton
Stock #1123
Jeff Kempton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 07:22 PM   #16
SS/GSI

Liked 517 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kempton View Post
Kevin, I have heard that racers will have the option to pay the entry in Canadian dollars and get the payout in Canadian, which brings the entry price down somewhat albeit for a reduced payout. Please confirm that this is the case.

I am surprised that there have not been more responses to this post yet. I have had several racers reach out to me and the consensus seems to be that the entry cost for all the listed options is still too high. I cannot speak for them, but you are asking for feedback and I thought you should know those opinions even if they opt not to post here.

A couple of the opinions shared with me were: "If you had the three $5K races for a $500 or less total entry you'd get a ton of cars" "The entry options are just too high when you factor in the dollar exchange and add the cost to get there"

I think many past participants of this race from Atlantic Canada have done so primarily for the NHRA Grade Points plus to earn points towards the John Scotti Canadian Stock/SuperStock Series championship, and racing for bigger payouts is not a priority for many of them if it means higher entry costs. Staying within their racing budget and spending their time at the track most effectively is what is they consider to be key. Having the optional race on Friday instead of Sunday obligates racers to get to the track on Wednesday to get a decent pit space and then potentially have little to do for the next two days if they are only there for the NO races and don't want to pay more for the optional race. Having it on Sunday would allow them to hit the road for home earlier if they choose not to race that day.

My preference would be to have the entry fees similar to the other Canadian NOs, which last year were around $400 for two races. Their payouts ranged from $2500-$5000 depending on the amount of supplemental sponsorship they had. With the Gaffney sponsorship for Napierville and a decent car count I would think $5000 to win is achievable, helped by only starting the payouts in the Quarters. The optional race should be held on Sunday and could have whatever entry and payout you desire, perhaps a $300 entry and $8000 to win.

Hopefully you will get more feedback soon to help you make the best decision. While my preference would be the above, of the options you listed I think 3 x $5K is the better one.

Jeff Kempton
Stock #1123

Thank you for the feedback Jeff. We will most likely go with the 3 x 5k races with payout structure previously posted last. I will be reposting the official banner as soon as we get it set in stone. All payouts are in USD; however you will be able to pay in Canadian or USD. I will post the entry fees/crew passes in both currencies. I am also confident that should you request your payout in CAD vs USD, the Brunet family could accommodate the exchange at the proper rate. I do not believe that $250 entry fee for 5k is disproportionate. The opens are usually $200 for 1-2k and the divisionals are $225 for 2k. After speaking to the Brunet family and fully understanding the fees and costs the track owners pay at these Opens, I can say that these races aren't slam dunks for them. Napierville has always provided an excellent track surface as well as done everything to try and get racing in. Case in point last years National Open... rained on Friday, still got 3-4hrs of testing. Rained on Saturday...still got the 10k race in with 2 qualifying runs.

Hope to see you all there. Thank you for your support.