HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > Mid Atlantic .90 Association

Old 08-04-2017, 07:19 AM   #1
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 971 Times in 296 Posts
Default 24th Annual Uncle Buck Pig Roast & .90 Race - Aug 12-13

Well it is finally upon us!!! The grand daddy of them all, our version of "Indy" for the Mid Atlantic .90 Series. The 24th Annual "Uncle Buck" Pig Roast will take place at Cecil County Dragway on August 12 & 13th. A race that if you've never been to it, should be on your bucket list at least once to attend. So here is all the info you need to know:

Gates open at 5pm on Friday Night with a track operated Test & Tune beginning at 6pm for an additional cost. I think the T&T Cost might be $20.00 but, that is something you might want to check with at the gate or call the track to find out on. Gates will be open till about 11pm and then locked for the night. We will park once again on the Tower side of the track and I believe BOTH Gates will be open that night. You can pay for both days or if you're planning on only staying for Saturday you can pay for that day (Seem to go smooth in June when we were there earlier).

Gate Fee - $ 30.00 per day
Mid Atlantic .90 - $75.00 per day

Gates open at 8am on Saturday. Saturday is a pretty laid back day and it's usually a quick day. With the Top 8 Shootout going on as we get into later rounds we will start around 9:15-9:30am with Q1. No additional Time Runs maybe made before Q1 even if they are calling you to come up for a free shot. If you are found to do so the run you made will count on the Q1 sheet and you will sit that round out. As we get into later rounds and I start to look at the ladders and if the Top 8 racers are knocked out we may call you up to the lanes for Round 1. Top 8 Racers if you lose in E-- of the regular race you must wait till E1 of the Top 8 Race to make an additional Time Run. If you only come for the Top 8 Race (I know a few of you maybe borrowing cars to run this race) you can make 2 time runs once eliminations start and NO LATER than 3rd round of the regular eliminator. Trying to make it somewhat even for all the racers who have earned the spot to run in this event.

Payouts are as follows:
Winner: $1,000 + custom trophy done by S&W Race Cars
Runner-Up: $400.00
Semi's: $100.00 (So you turn on a win light you made $100.00)

When you see Bill Phillips of W&T Pipeline, JC of ATI, Frank & Mike Lauria of Mike's Service Center, go over and THANK THEM for putting up this cash for all you racers to run for and make it FREE.

The Pig Roast / BBQ will follow the Shootout and start at or around 6pm. Side dishes are more than welcomed as the Donhausers / Harple Family / Crew from the Moose will be supplying the Pig and helping out, so a HUGE THANKS to them for continuing this tradition. Once the Sun goes down we will do our normal tradition to celebrate the life of racers, family and crew no longer with us.

Sunday is a normal points day at Cecil County. Juniors in the AM (I don't expect many Juniors as the D1 finals are going on at Numidia that weekend). Once Juniors are done their eliminations Cecil will go into their bracket program and then us. So I'd expect a 11-11:30 am call for 1st time run.

As far as leaving stuff for the D1 race the following weekend. Unfortunately, I talked with Jimmy and we cannot leave stuff at the track as they have to groom the fields & cut the grass. I know this really puts a damper with some of you traveling cause those tolls are killer on 95 and the bridges. To be honest the smart thing would be to see if there is a local racer who would be willing to maybe let you leave your stuff at their house for the week (Only really 3 days) and then come pick it up to park on Thursday or Friday.

Questions or comments:
Rob Keister
856-332-2851
Rekeister@aol.com
or find me at Atco this weekend walking around
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote