HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Carolina Class Racers Association

Old 10-12-2017, 09:09 PM   #1
Tracy Robbins

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Default CCRA update

With the recent news of IHRA's discontinuing traditional class racing there have been lots of questions about CCRA and what can be done going forward to help fill that void for stock and super stock racers. The reason this series was formed around 10 years ago was two fold, first and foremost to keep stock and superstock racing alive and relevant into the future and secondly, just in case IHRA or NHRA decided to abandon class racing we would have somewhere to continue our style of racing. That day is here. Sadly enough it appears part of racing history, especially in the southeast region, has come to an end. Thankfully we have options. Even though they aren't perfect we are fortunate to have NHRA for the majority of our racers. In addition there are quite a few local/regional associations like the CCRA. I personally feel like these groups of diehard racers are going to thrive. The CCRA is no exception to this and I ask that you have patience as we plan for the 2018 season and beyond. We have the wheels in motion to make improvements on our program that will help increase participation as well as payout and overall experience.
Also, let's not look past the last four races of the 2017 season. We have a double event weekend at Fayetteville motorports park the weekend of 10/21 and 22, then we will travel to Virginia Motorsports Park for the final double event of the season on November 4th and 5th. I hope to see you all at the races!
Old 10-16-2017, 09:19 AM   #2
Brian Oakes

Liked 398 Times in 110 Posts
Default Re: CCRA update

Tracy

Need info.on Fayetteville race, 1. when will the gates open (friday) or Sat morning, 2. i have a new car we want to run, can it be run or will run it in footbrake class.3. what does it cost to run your race.4. Tracy post your race in the S/SS page to remined everyone, i never look under CCRA page. Thanks Brian
Brian Oakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:42 PM   #3
Brian Oakes

Liked 398 Times in 110 Posts

Also Tracy, on Fayetteville web site, it just says Bracket Bash ?????nothing about S/SS race. also put it on a sticky like Mike Carr does at top of page, we need to great alot of cars at these races, since no IHRA races now.Thanks Brian
Brian Oakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:20 PM   #4
Tracy Robbins

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

Hey Brian, thanks for the suggestions! Our entry fee is $75 car and driver for each race. We pay back 100% of the $75 to the purse. They are having a test 'n tune Friday so you can park Friday if you would like. Gates open at 10 Saturday w/ time runs at noon. Sunday gates open at 11 w/ one time run at 12:30. I hope you can make it to the race!