HOME MAGAZINE FORUM RULES SPONSORS CONTACT
     
   
   
 
Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2019, 08:30 AM   #1
Billy Nees
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: On a hilltop in Pa.
Posts: 2,344
Likes: 79
Liked 291 Times in 110 Posts
Default Question about Challenger 1320

A 2019 Challenger 1320 is in the guide as a FS/FSS car. Aren't they sold as street legal cars?
What determines whether a car runs FS or Stock?
A 2017 Hellcat runs Stock and yet a 2019 1320 runs FS and as far as I know they're both sold through Dealers as street legal cars.?.
__________________
Billy Nees 1188 STK
Billy Nees is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:29 PM   #2
340Cuda
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 814
Likes: 133
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Question about Challenger 1320

[QUOTE=Billy Nees;58448320 they're both sold through Dealers as street legal cars.?.[/QUOTE]

Well they are supposed to be but I have yet to see the 1320 show up on a dealer lot or on the Dodge online configuration tool.

I guess I have never fully understood what made a one car FS and another Stock.
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:44 PM   #3
Dyno
Senior Member
 
Dyno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 526
Likes: 45
Liked 25 Times in 6 Posts
Wink Re: Question about Challenger 1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340Cuda View Post
Well they are supposed to be but I have yet to see the 1320 show up on a dealer lot or on the Dodge online configuration tool.

I guess I have never fully understood what made a one car FS and another Stock.
The 1320 is a natural B/SA car at 390HP.. They have been delivered to some dealers. I looked at one at Fury Motors in South St Paul,MN Plum Crazy in color, very slick piece. I know a guy building one now.
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:53 PM   #4
JHeath
Senior Member
 
JHeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 656
Likes: 158
Liked 54 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: Question about Challenger 1320

Is it that "Frito" guy building it ?
__________________
Jerry Heath
I/S '93 Cobra
FS/J 2010 Mustang "Ebay CJ"
JHeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:57 PM   #5
ALMACK
VIP Member
 
ALMACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bardstown, KY
Posts: 1,757
Likes: 11
Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: Question about Challenger 1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
A 2019 Challenger 1320 is in the guide as a FS/FSS car. Aren't they sold as street legal cars?
What determines whether a car runs FS or Stock?
A 2017 Hellcat runs Stock and yet a 2019 1320 runs FS and as far as I know they're both sold through Dealers as street legal cars.?.
Does seem odd it is listed as a FS car since it is a production line VIN car.

Maybe this listing is an error on NHRA's part ?

Or....did Dodge make the first move to submit a VIN car as a FS entry ?
__________________
Alan Mackin Stock 3777/ SS 3377
P/SA & SS/PA Fox Thunderbird
I/PS '95 Mustang GT

Last edited by ALMACK; 03-12-2019 at 08:03 PM.
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:02 PM   #6
ALMACK
VIP Member
 
ALMACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bardstown, KY
Posts: 1,757
Likes: 11
Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: Question about Challenger 1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno View Post
The 1320 is a natural B/SA car at 390HP.. They have been delivered to some dealers. I looked at one at Fury Motors in South St Paul,MN Plum Crazy in color, very slick piece. I know a guy building one now.
Everything I have read about the 1320 sounds impressive.
Pricing of those run about $ 44k and Dodge claims it will run 11's stock.

It's great seeing Dodge building fun cars in many packages and color choices
__________________
Alan Mackin Stock 3777/ SS 3377
P/SA & SS/PA Fox Thunderbird
I/PS '95 Mustang GT
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:28 AM   #7
GTX JOHN
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boulder City, Nevada 89005
Posts: 1,417
Likes: 117
Liked 52 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: Question about Challenger 1320

I was looking at one in Vegas at Towbin Dodge on the
showroom floor this afternoon
__________________
John Irving
741 Stock
741 Super Stock
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:54 AM   #8
mopacltd
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: yarnell,az
Posts: 211
Likes: 6
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Question about Challenger 1320

Geez John. Don't you have enough classes covered now? LOL
mopacltd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:16 PM   #9
Coleydog
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 466
Likes: 1
Liked 16 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Question about Challenger 1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMACK View Post
Everything I have read about the 1320 sounds impressive.
Pricing of those run about $ 44k and Dodge claims it will run 11's stock.

It's great seeing Dodge building fun cars in many packages and color choices
What engine? My 2015 SRT (392-auto) with drag radials will run 11s
Mike
Coleydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:19 PM   #10
ALMACK
VIP Member
 
ALMACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bardstown, KY
Posts: 1,757
Likes: 11
Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: Question about Challenger 1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleydog View Post
What engine? My 2015 SRT (392-auto) with drag radials will run 11s
Mike
485 hp 6.4L


__________________
Alan Mackin Stock 3777/ SS 3377
P/SA & SS/PA Fox Thunderbird
I/PS '95 Mustang GT
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © Class Racer.com. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.Ad Management plugin by RedTyger