HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Carolina Class Racers Association

Old 02-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #11
Homer Carty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 2013 CCRA Season

On double entrys if u have a stocker and super stocker its to different car setup and class rules which we r allowed to run both class in Ihra or Nhra class on the same weekend. I know of 10 people runing ccra right now that would run two cars thats 750 more dollars per race thats more than what Ihra runner up money is I agree with Brandon there should be a vote
Homer Carty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #12
Jeffl52

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: 2013 CCRA Season

I'm for it. Just as long as you claim which car or number will be your point claiming car, and that the two cars have to be one Stock and one Super Stock. In my eyes it would be a easy way to get atleast 8 to 10 more cars each race!!!!
Jeffl52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #13
SCOTT TILLEY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

The CCRA is a Stock/Super Stock Combo Class Racing association. Stock and Super Stock is run as one eliminator. I don't know of any IHRA/NHRA event that you can drive 2 cars in the same eliminator, except maybe a bracket race. We are not a bracket racing association. The CCRA was started to allow legal IHRA/NHRA Stock and Super Stock cars and trucks an alternative place to race. And to follow IHRA/NHRA class rules and race regulations. This is the main reason I have started a second chance race. To give CLASS racers another chance to win at a very low cost.

If you have any questions please contact me.

Thank You
Scott Tilley
superstock9327@yahoo.com
919-291-4355
SCOTT TILLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #14
SCOTT TILLEY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Other than putting more money in the pot, what would be the advantage for all the racers and the association? There is none. The advantage would only be for the ones that have two cars entered. You get double the hits on the tree and when it comes down to having to run yourself, which car do you think you will pick to win? Of course the one you are claiming for the points. It is an unfair advantage.

Thanks
Scott Tilley
Old 02-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #15
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT TILLEY View Post
Other than putting more money in the pot, what would be the advantage for all the racers and the association? There is none. The advantage would only be for the ones that have two cars entered. You get double the hits on the tree and when it comes down to having to run yourself, which car do you think you will pick to win? Of course the one you are claiming for the points. It is an unfair advantage.

Thanks
Scott Tilley
right scott good point who needs more cars more support from the races i forgot if we allow that then we are comparing it to bracket racing..whatever man.

i guess we have no say in anything that happens at these races, years ago this was supposed to be something fun for all of us to do instead of high prices and long waits at the nationals, i have no problem with rules and i think a second chance race is a great idea to have at the combos, but what is the problem with a person that has a STOCKER and a SUPER STOCKER being able to race at the same event IHRA allows this at there track hosted combos, and you can run both cars i did it at rockingham a few years ago..if im going to drive to VMP for a combo i would like to take 2 cars, there is no extra hits on the tree thats a moot point no car is exactly the same so saying i get a time run in both cars that is no extra time on the tree leaving with a transbrake is not the same as leaving with a footbrake, make it 1 time run per car then if thats the problem i have no problem making a run in my ss car and a run in my stocker and thats it, thats the ww do it at the 2 day races...

Last edited by Brandon Peterson; 02-13-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Brandon Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #16
SCOTT TILLEY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Before the CCRA was actually formed, notification went out here on class racer concerning forming a Stock/Super Stock racing association. The meeting was held in a central location which was Burlington, N.C. Only a handful of racers showed up to give their inputs and suggestions on how the association should be ran. The racers that attended that meeting agreed that it should be ran off of IHRA's rulebook so all classes could race. Since NHRA didn't allow crate motors and such. This class racing association, known as the Carolina Class Racers Association was born that day. The association was formed to give legal Stock and Super Stock racers an alternative place to race without the high cost and to keep class racing alive and not to have to worry about bracket racing. We have all built cars or bought cars to class race with, why would we want to dilute that by allowing bracket racing rules?
I would like to see, as well others that have expressed to me, the CCRA grow large enough that we could have class run offs, heads up runs and to have a tech person on sight at every race. We are not at that point yet, but we are a growing association that is getting new members and racers every year. The CCRA is doing this by keeping the integrity of class racing alive.

Please PM me or call me if you have any concerns and lets keep the CCRA class racer page friendly and upbeat. There are potential sponsors out there and the last thing we want to do is set the example of an association that is in disaray. We are not that type association and the CCRA racers are a "class" act,

Thank You
Scott Tilley
superstock9327@yahoo.com
919-291-4355
Old 02-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #17
MikeMoller

Liked 242 Times in 72 Posts

I would not like to see double entries by a single drive. I do not object to running the SS guys, though I believe they have some advantage over the footbrake guys because of the transbrake. This can hold up the show waiting on the driver from an earlier round.

In addition, since one of the cars is not a 'points' car, it has the ability to put a points earning car out, acting as sort of a spoiler. Don't like that either.

The only way to consider this is might be to split stock and super stock until the later rounds, say quarter or semi finals. That makes setting up the show to complicated, so I think that is really not an option.

I think if you have two cars, and want to run both, get a second driver.

My 2 cents.

Mike Moller
Old 02-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #18
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: 2013 CCRA Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoller View Post
I would not like to see double entries by a single drive. I do not object to running the SS guys, though I believe they have some advantage over the footbrake guys because of the transbrake. This can hold up the show waiting on the driver from an earlier round.

In addition, since one of the cars is not a 'points' car, it has the ability to put a points earning car out, acting as sort of a spoiler. Don't like that either.

The only way to consider this is might be to split stock and super stock until the later rounds, say quarter or semi finals. That makes setting up the show to complicated, so I think that is really not an option.

My 2 cents.

Mike Moller
x2
Old 02-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #19
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Arrow Re: 2013 CCRA Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoller View Post

My 2 cents.

Mike Moller
I understand it may take up some more time but that's probably only the first race then it will flow better... Actually how many super stocker won the CCRA races last year I'm think at least maybe 1 if any won they all we're stockers I believe .... Not real sure though.... But u know it's whatever I will race either way I have supported since it was just a Roxboro series.... So thank u sponsors for your support
Brandon Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #20
joe huestis

Liked 368 Times in 102 Posts
Thumbs up Re: 2013 CCRA Season

I agree with Moller, Scott, and Danny. Leave things as they are.
joe huestis is offline   Reply With Quote