HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Carolina Class Racers Association

Old 01-31-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
Tilley2007

Default Ccra rules

CCRA rules are now posted on the CCRA facebook page under the discussions section. Please leave any comments, suggestions or concerns that you may have. Thanks for all your support.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
Rusty Davenport

Liked 100 Times in 26 Posts
Default Re: Ccra rules

I appreciate your willingness and effort to keep this organization going. A lot of people can offer many suggestions telling you how to do without any real offers to help. Allow me to inject this idea of what I feel would be an important rule. Make it mandatory that every car entered has been entered officially in a previous sanctioned race by NHRA or IHRA. It is too easy for bogus cars to be entered. Forgive me if that has already been clarified. Thanks for listening.
Rusty Davenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
Hemiparts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Davenport View Post
I appreciate your willingness and effort to keep this organization going. A lot of people can offer many suggestions telling you how to do without any real offers to help. Allow me to inject this idea of what I feel would be an important rule. Make it mandatory that every car entered has been entered officially in a previous sanctioned race by NHRA or IHRA. It is too easy for bogus cars to be entered. Forgive me if that has already been clarified. Thanks for listening.

What would the procedure be for a new car that is freshly built, that has never been run in an NHRA/IHRA race????
Hemiparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
Rusty Davenport

No one wants to get booged down with rules or start the need to have tech men expenses. The "prior event" rule would keep it simple and straight forward. Have a new car ????.........take it to a sanctioned race and enter it.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #5
Hemiparts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes, we are just getting started on the recreation of a well known 60's-70's NC Super Stocker. And these races are close to home and I can get my feet wet in the world of SS/Stk racing before jumping headlong into nationals competition.

Chris
Old 02-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #6
Tilley2007

To my knowledge, we've never had an issue in the past where non legal Stock or Super Stock cars have entered a CCRA race. I think with stating that the cars have to be Stock and/or Super Stock legal per the current IHRA and/or NHRA rule book, everyone will abide by that. Let me know what you think.

Scott Tilley
Old 02-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #7
Rusty Davenport

I am with you all the way whatever you decide. As a past president of SCRA back in the late 80's I know too well, " If it can happen it will happen." A rule like this would delete once and for all any need for tech uncertainties when a first time car is entered. Just trying to help you avoid a "situation." I have great compassion for the organization and your effort. Full speed ahead my friend !!!!! Keep up the good work.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #8
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First, we are not an official member of this organization and do not have any rights to comment on your rules. Second, I have been building and racing drag race cars for over 40 years. We have a car which was built by NHRA and IHRA rule books, with one exception, for super stock. The car is raced at local track events and some nationally advertised and televised events, that we won't dwell on here to save arguement.

Our family has discussed every year getting involved with racing the super stock races, not only this group but other groups on the east coast. Remove the exception and our car is ready to race as a superstocker. We have sponsors and we race, as a family, almost every other week-end. As hard as money is to come by, I do not plan to spend my sponsors money to go to a national event, paying what would amount to possibly four (4) week-ends of racing closer to home, just so I can say my car raced "last August" as a "super stock" car. That being said, with the addition of some new classes of racing at some divisional events, we may race at couple of divisional races. If the car raced two weeks ago as a legal "super stocker", does that necessarily make it legal today? We are going to try to support you folks this year. If this type of greeting is what car owners have gotten in the past, from any group, and are going to get when they come out, there is no wonder that few cars participate. Heavens sakes lighten up, get together and race cars that don't fit will separate out.

I would like to see more cars and more spectators. I hope that the track owners would look at promotion of the event in ways other that on the internet sites. As I have previously posted, there are people that we meet that do not even know there are still drag strips in North Carolina and that they race every week-end. Remember the days of radio ads of Sunday, Sunday, Sanford Drag Strip, Person County Dragway, Piedmont Dragway see "Gold Finger" Chevelle take on the "Rapid Rocket" Oldsmobile, the "El Toro" Pontiac and the list was long.
chris3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #9
Tilley2007

We as a class racing association just want to make sure that we keep the grass roots and the integrity of class racing alive and thriving. We just want to make sure that it is Stock and Super Stock cars that we are fielding. I believe that we as class racers can get together and discuss this if a problem arises. I know that there are some Stock/ Super Stock cars out there that have not run in IHRA or NHRA competition in quite a few years that would like to run some combo races. I say, C'mon out and run with us.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #10
Hemiparts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Scott, we thank ya for the invite as well as the info on the phone yesterday afternoon. This is the kind of group of racers that I want to run with, the kind that wants and is willing to help a new generation on SS/Stk racer get in and going.

Chris