HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 01-18-2018, 11:50 PM   #11
Bernie Cunningham

Liked 50 Times in 16 Posts
Default Re: How will an Accountant feel with the less entries to eve

If I were 'KING For A Day' idea, what's the problem with offering 80 or more entries for a 64 car qualified field at a National event? Win, win, win !

NHRA, send me my cut via direct transfer, I'll get the account number to ya, thx.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:56 AM   #12
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 665 Times in 258 Posts

Bernie,
What is wrong is someone would have to work & be responsible for the field being correct. Good idea for qualifying the field 64 cars from 80+!!
Old 01-19-2018, 06:24 AM   #13
tpoh815

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiv6 View Post
They just increase the entry and ancillary fees to racers and increase the cost of tickets to make up the deficit!
^^This guy beat me to it!^^ NHRA will just add more b.s. surcharge tax and charge you for it! Nhra the new Verizon.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:29 AM   #14
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,728 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Cunningham View Post
.....what's the problem with offering 80 or more entries for a 64 car qualified field at a National event? Win, win, win !
Then you would get people complaining about the NHRA ripping them off because they didn't get to run the Eliminator!
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:32 AM   #15
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts

The way NHRA is set up, they're kinda like Unicef or The Clinton Foundation. They take our monies under the premise of keeping racing off of the streets and giving us a safe place to race. They run a couple of "keep the kids off the streets" races a year to fulfill their "not-for-profit" deal and spend the rest of our monies paying their salaries.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:23 AM   #16
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 796 Times in 211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Cunningham View Post
If I were 'KING For A Day' idea, what's the problem with offering 80 or more entries for a 64 car qualified field at a National event? Win, win, win !

NHRA, send me my cut via direct transfer, I'll get the account number to ya, thx.
A great Idea > NHRA makes MORE "MONEY" and racers get a chance to race at a national event (racers who don;t have the grade points are helped) and I would think the Accountants would like the extra income topay expenses ,
Stock,Super Stock Super Gas and Super Comp would all have to qualify.
As Bernie Says a" Win For Racers" ," a Win for the Fans" and a Win for NHRA accountants
auto deposit to Bernie's account

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 01-19-2018 at 09:26 AM.
Don Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:21 AM   #17
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,636 Times in 506 Posts

I am not really sure what has happened to make the program run at such a slow pace at the national events these days. Back when I started racing 40 years ago all of the classes were run on Sunday with the full fields of 64 cars. TF, FC, TAD. TAFC,PSM, comp, Modified, SS and stock. This was also with a 5 bulb tree. Why is it now they have to get all of the classes down to the final 4 in sportsman so they can get the program done. Is it the TV time that has slowed the program down? The TV is not actually live coverage as they claim it to be. Maybe its because there is more classes. No more modified and comp has very few cars. The addition of the SC, SG, TD and TS plus PM might be slowing the program. I think the low car counts in the pro classes and the lack of quality sportsman racing on Saturday and Sundays at the nationals is leaving the fans feeling short changed for the cost of the gate fee
Old 01-19-2018, 10:41 AM   #18
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 796 Times in 211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
I am not really sure what has happened to make the program run at such a slow pace at the national events these days. Back when I started racing 40 years ago all of the classes were run on Sunday with the full fields of 64 cars. TF, FC, TAD. TAFC,PSM, comp, Modified, SS and stock. This was also with a 5 bulb tree. Why is it now they have to get all of the classes down to the final 4 in sportsman so they can get the program done. Is it the TV time that has slowed the program down? The TV is not actually live coverage as they claim it to be. Maybe its because there is more classes. No more modified and comp has very few cars. The addition of the SC, SG, TD and TS plus PM might be slowing the program. I think the low car counts in the pro classes and the lack of quality sportsman racing on Saturday and Sundays at the nationals is leaving the fans feeling short changed for the cost of the gate fee
How about no burn outs past the starting line as a start? any other ideas to Make the race more efficient from others ?
Old 01-19-2018, 12:57 PM   #19
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
NHRA changed the national event schedule about 5 years ago after the rainout fiasco in Houston National. That was the race that had rain saturday and pits were a mess. Racers stuck in mud, could not get cars to staging lanes and everyone complained to NHRA about cancellation.
They instituted the new plan which was to get down to four cars in most classes for Sunday.

About getting done early years gone by, 1985 or so Keystone nationals, Finished running approx Stock super/stock about 9pm, My wife was pissed because she had to work next day and we did not get home till midnight Now I am home by 7/8 pm
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:56 PM   #20
Coleydog

Liked 46 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson777 View Post
NHRA changed the national event schedule about 5 years ago after the rainout fiasco in Houston National. That was the race that had rain saturday and pits were a mess. Racers stuck in mud, could not get cars to staging lanes and everyone complained to NHRA about cancellation.
They instituted the new plan which was to get down to four cars in most classes for Sunday.

About getting done early years gone by, 1985 or so Keystone nationals, Finished running approx Stock super/stock about 9pm, My wife was pissed because she had to work next day and we did not get home till midnight Now I am home by 7/8 pm
One way to speed it up, you get 45 seconds or less (after the last two cars turn off the track) to light the pre stage. Potentially between 60 and 120 races per hour. Right now it's living up to its name, dragging on.
Mike

Last edited by Coleydog; 01-20-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Coleydog is offline   Reply With Quote