HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-12-2018, 10:46 PM   #91
MFR440

Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Lane Choice

The "R" word is much worse than the "F" bomb. Last time I checked, people who "F" have a choice. People with birth defects don't. Use of that word in that manner shows ignorance and a lack of class, IMO. https://www.r-word.org

As for the topic at hand, the Hemi Shootout is a special event within the event - if the drivers agreed at some point to give lane choice to the faster car, which they obviously did, then why would someone complain about it after 10 or 20 years? As a fan and former part-time crewmember, even I know that the faster car gets lane choice in the Shootout.
1962 Plymouth Fury S/ST #3384 - Race in Peace, Craig Meyer
MFR440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:29 PM   #92
Frank Bialas

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrone View Post
Really! If you feel offended get off the thread.
You want political correctness watch CNN.
Yo wild man lighten up! WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE, and a bunch of SNOWFLAKES that can't find a SAFE PLACE. DON'T YOU LUV PUPPIES?
Old 09-13-2018, 06:56 AM   #93
Oscarf164

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:

I agree James. too much wussification!
Oscarf164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:20 AM   #94
modelman1960

Liked 55 Times in 22 Posts

I've thought about how to respond to the "R" word comment in a previous comment. My wife and I are licensed Family care providers in N.Y.S.
We've done this for 30 plus years. Living and working with 3 special needs individuals can be challenging and frustrating at times. But it reminds me of how blessed I am to have all the things that God gave me, and to be thankful for those things (normalcy). I look at it like Mr. Meyer stated in an earlier thread, and refraining from using that word shows more respect than political correctness. And it isn't wussification either.
If we respect each other more than we do, and are more appreciative of what we have as human beings, I think there'd be fewer issues in the world and even in our own back yards.
I hope that these comments bring some enlightenment and not anger amongst us all.
Be safe, and good racing in the future for you all.
Walt
modelman1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:23 AM   #95
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 398 Times in 189 Posts

racing is full of RETARDS, some of which are posting in this thread.

Quote:
EXACTLY!
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:45 AM   #96
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

This certainly got off topic.
I still like to flip coins for lane choice.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:48 AM   #97
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

I'm with you Ed. I don't even have a discussion about lane choice. My question is do you want to call it or flip it???????????
Dan
Old 09-13-2018, 12:53 PM   #98
Ernie Neal

Liked 301 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA Trey View Post
Well that went the wrong direction.
Here is the official wording that we use at the events. Hope that helps, now you can start a new thread about all the other topics.

STOCK-SUPER STOCK
 Lane loading during qualifying –assign odd numbered lanes for LL and even for RL – let the competitors get the lane they want if possible – If the end of the session results in a single lane of competitors, the first competitor in the front of the line will receive the desired lane, the competitor immediately following will be put in the opposite lane. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD SINGLES BE RAN UNLESS THERE IS ONLY ONE LEFT.
 All rounds of Stk and SS are paired with lane choice determined by the flip of the coin. This includes Class Eliminations.
 Race sequence for the first three pair to run in round one of eliminations shall be designated on the ladder. These will be the pairs of the three lowest qualifiers in the field. For example, for a 60-car ladder this would be #60 vs #30; #59 vs #29; and #58 vs #28 qualifiers. The remainder of the field is to immediately follow the designated pairs. The three designated pairs must be in the lanes and ready when eliminations are called – failure to be at the head of the lanes ready to run in the designated order may result in single runs.
 Any incomplete pairings (with the exception of the first three designated pairs) should be held until the end of the round to give every opportunity for their competitor to show. If no other pairs exist, staging personnel should notify the tower of the competition singles to be ran, including the missing car number.
Try giving the lane choice to the first driver reporting to staging with race car from a laddered pairing. In a race whereas alternates are used. The laddered competitor should receive the lane choice. Might help with the problem of racers laying back for what ever the excuse may be.

Seems random pairings works on the fly on lane assignment. I'm not saying I want all random pairing either.

If it remains coin flip in sportsman so be it, I will say, I am not a fan of the games associated with this method.

Ernie Neal
SS 354
Ernie Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:03 PM   #99
CMcAllister

Liked 737 Times in 206 Posts

Good Lord (sorry if that offends anyone), people go through their day looking for things to be offended about. If we make every word non-offensive to everyone, pretty soon we are going to run out of acceptable adjectives and nouns. Obviously, the $5 curse words should not be slung around everywhere, but expecting everyone to behave and speak the way you want them to, regardless if it's insensitive or impolite, offends me.

Regular NHRA sportsman eliminators have been coin flip for lane forever. The Hemi Shootout/Challenge stuff (and some other programs) are hosted by NHRA. If they want to arm wrestle for lanes, who cares. It's their party. When it comes to the eliminator, it's NHRA rules apply.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 09-13-2018 at 01:07 PM.
CMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:10 PM   #100
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,772 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Neal View Post
Try giving the lane choice to the first driver reporting to staging with race car from a laddered pairing. Might help with the problem of racers laying back for what ever the excuse may be. Ernie Neal SS 354
Ernie, ya know, that's a pretty good idea!

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote