HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 01-10-2009, 02:40 PM   #121
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr
Default Re: Crate Motor Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa633 View Post
Most of us like the "shoepolish part" mainly because thats the only way to keep racing all these different make's and models against each other in a fair way ..otherwise it could probably be an "all Camaro race" or similar
..some always call this a glorified bracket race. but thats NOT TRUE...I guess.thats mostly guys that dont care or dare to take the challenge "to win thier Class"..
there is nothing really wrong with the way NHRA class is run and what classes we have now..the factors and rating will allways be "the talk in the pits"..part of the fun? New Ford's and Challengers in the breed now..soon something new to "bitch about"
Pomona is filled in S and SS too!
I would agree with that. Sort of a "necisary evil", to create a relatively level playing field for all. I've heard suggestions that we should go back to the old days, of running off of the record, or run like Comp, off the Index, both with first-to-the-finish-line wins. It would certainly be a lot of fun to watch. Every year at Indy, when it came time for Class, I was always the first pair down, so I could hurry back and watch the rest of the racing. But, participation would definately decline severely if the Eliminator were to be run by either of the ways mentioned above. Case in point: In October 1998 at the Dutch Classic, Div 1 came up with a "fun race". Pay a fee (I think twenty bucks). The eight drivers with the best reaction time of those that signed up, got into an eight car race. Participation was very good, I think twenty or more cars signed up. The next spring, D-1 decided to expand to sixteen cars, run similar to Comp Elimintator. They took the average ET of the cars that qualified (in relation to the Index) and set that as the CIC (using a second under, on a one-to-one ratio), to begin for first round. So, if the average ET was -1.037, and you had a GT/DA, your Index dropped from 10.80 to 10.77 for round one, and CIC hits would accumulate. First one there was the winner. The three events under this format (Delmar Open, Atco Open, and Maple Grove FMDRS), the car counts were five, seven, and nine respectively in Super Stock, and not much better for Stock. I think this would be the case if the eliminators were turned into a first-to-the-stripe wins. Some would be all for it, many would be against it. I guess no matter what way it becomes, not everyone will be happy. I guess the easiest, cheapest (?), and fairest way would be to leave it as it is. Seems to have worked for the past twenty years. Some will race no matter what the rules, some will complain no matter what the situation. Like Terry Bell or someone said earlier, the main things we should be arguing are far more important that bracket vs heads-up, crate vs regular Stockers, etc. Payouts, entry fees, poor event scheduling, track conditions, class rotation, cost savings fairness of rules interpertation and application, etc etc would seem to be the more important issues right now.

B.D.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #122
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mike B,don't forget dad was a hemi warrior back in the day with the plymouth duster and arrow........i think the mustang(i.e. or ford) thing was part of the mid life crisus.......also don't forget aboutt the ss duster in 2012 at this rate.......

the air at the rock was crazy everyone was flying on that pass even the pedal pushers couldn't slow down enough messed the ladder up for them...........
Brandon Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #123
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i don't understand comp????....that is a weird way to race....but i don't really know the rules either....i don't really think class racing would be to good running like comp does
Old 01-10-2009, 02:51 PM   #124
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,016 Times in 264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoh815 View Post
I dont care what H R A you run. If your going .5 under or more its expensive and your cheating somewhere period.
BULL! There is NOTHING cheated up about either of the Camaros we run.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:53 PM   #125
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face Re: Crate Motor Class

Dave Turner, i hope it worked out for you.....if it did then im looking forward to having some leg room i look like a clown in a clown car...haha...

...........GO PANTHERS.............
Old 01-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #126
tpoh815

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts

Alan do you run a crate motored car? Also what kind of camaro?

Last edited by tpoh815; 01-10-2009 at 03:01 PM.
tpoh815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:03 PM   #127
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i think he runs stick class
Old 01-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #128
tpoh815

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Talking Re: Crate Motor Class

My crate combo only went .35 under as an untouched store bought engine.It has an aluminum intake and a 750 holley and that was 4 yrs ago. And no, its not because im a clueless idiot.I can assure you I wont be at the top of any ladder anytime soon and it is by choice not money!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #129
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the way i see it in crate motor if your class isn't booming than don't worry about how fast you go or needing to go fast.....5 doors what CM class do you run in...
Old 01-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #130
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Peterson View Post
i don't understand comp????....that is a weird way to race....but i don't really know the rules either....i don't really think class racing would be to good running like comp does

Hi Brandon. Comp can be, at times, confusing. It's almost a combination of bracket racing and first to the stripe.

Two cars (except those in the same class) are handicapped off of their class index. First one to the stripe wins. But there is a catch, the Competition Index Control (CIC). Similar to the -1.40 under rule for S/SS racing. If a driver runs more than -.509 under their Index in eliminations, their Index is reduced one hundreth, for each hundreth they exceed the -.50, temporarily (for that race only, for that driver only). After a driver runs more than -.610 under their original Index, it becomes a permanent Class index adjustment, for everyone in that class. For example:

A driver is competing in C/Altered, with an Index of 8.00. In winning the first round, they run 7.460. Meaning their Index for round two is 7.96. Second round their opponent redlights, so they can lift and "save the Index". Round three, they win, and run 7.423, seconds, so their Index for the semifinals is 7.93. They win the semifinals, running 7.400. Their Index for the final will be 7.90. If they do not run any quicker than 7.391 in the final, the Index will return to 8.00 for everyone in C/A following the event. However, if that driver runs 7.350 in the final (regardless of a win or loss), the Index will be 7.95 for everyone in C/A in the country. The permanent Index hit chart is as follows:

-.61 under original Index = .01 permanent change
-.62 = .02
-.63 = .03
-.64 = .04
-.65.to -.699 = .05
-.710 = .06
-.72 = .07
-.73 = .08
-.74 = .09
-.750 and more = .10. A tenth is the maximum penalty a driver/class can incur in one event. A driver that runs -.800 under in round one will lose three tenths for round two, but only one tenth permanently. So for round two, the Index will be 7.70 for yourself, and adjusted to 7.90 for everyone the following Monday

Now, back the temporary CIC deal. If you have accrued .07 temporary penalties in C/A (having run 7.928, adjusting the original Index down from 8.00 to 7.93) and another C/A racer has accumulated .02 (down to 7.98), if you race each other in eliminations, the Index goes back to 8.00 for you both, and it's heads-up. The winner will revert back to their adjusted Index (plus any penalty incurred in the Class run) for the next round. So, if you run 7.410 in your Class run, your Index goes from the previous 7.93 to 7.91 for the next round. So, you need to get their first, but attempt to do so by the slimmest of margine, to minimize any Index penalties.

Hope this helps?
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote