HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #351
DrJRacing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: "Live" from Indy 2014 60th US Nationals

A little late in asking this question (sorta like my last reaction time) ... In post 262 video of Chris Holbrook's run, he does his burnout and then flips two switches/two lights go on and he makes his run. What is he doing?
Just curious...trying to learn something that in all likelihood will end up costing me more money.
Doug Jonak
DrJRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #352
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,452 Times in 1,956 Posts

It is overcast now here in Indy. They started out at 8 with Top Alcohol. Pre-race stuff going on now. We are packing up and headed up to NRC to get a little work done on the motorhome. Having trouble with one of our slides. They are only about 3 or so hours from here, so better doing it now while we are so close.

It has been a fun but stressful trip. With the goal of being #1 in Stock qualifying, it was really a lot of work to get there! This truck isn't just a go to the junkyard and buy something and go to the top. A lot of work was done to run it as a stick. But it paid off! I say pay, but actually there is no recognition for any of the top sportsmen qualifiers anymore! Oh well!

We hope to be on the road shortly, so bye for now.

We will see you in a week or so at Charlotte!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:02 PM   #353
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

Larry, are you going to put a stick in the Cuda now that you have some experience? Bet things would happen quicker than in the truck!
Old 09-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #354
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs up Re: "Live" from Indy 2014 60th US Nationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
It is overcast now here in Indy. They started out at 8 with Top Alcohol. Pre-race stuff going on now. We are packing up and headed up to NRC to get a little work done on the motorhome. Having trouble with one of our slides. They are only about 3 or so hours from here, so better doing it now while we are so close.

It has been a fun but stressful trip. With the goal of being #1 in Stock qualifying, it was really a lot of work to get there! This truck isn't just a go to the junkyard and buy something and go to the top. A lot of work was done to run it as a stick. But it paid off! I say pay, but actually there is no recognition for any of the top sportsmen qualifiers anymore! Oh well!

We hope to be on the road shortly, so bye for now.

We will see you in a week or so at Charlotte!
Larry, you are now officially my #1 hero! Rock On my friend! Safe travels. Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:39 PM   #355
ATI Performance Products
Sponsor

Liked 9 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJRacing View Post
A little late in asking this question (sorta like my last reaction time) ... In post 262 video of Chris Holbrook's run, he does his burnout and then flips two switches/two lights go on and he makes his run. What is he doing?
Just curious...trying to learn something that in all likelihood will end up costing me more money.
Doug Jonak
Being supercharged it would have to be either the primary intercooler pump and a fan or a secondary pump and fan. Super Charged cars need Ice water since so much heat is made. Our Super Charged COPO leaves the line at 100 deg IAT and crosses stripe at 175....If I forgot to turn it on before the burnout or at all I would be in big trouble and if the computer did't compensate 20% of fuel it would probably burn a piston. But in my case it would just SLOW down a ton. There was also plenty of talk regarding tank sizes, what is legal, what is not and its pretty much a cluster f''k from the West to East coast of what is allowed and what is not.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:47 PM   #356
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan roehrich View Post
tom, i'm just shy of 6'-2" tall, and my friend larry hill is somewhere around a foot taller than i am.
and as i remember he is a super nice guy also.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #357
ATI Performance Products
Sponsor

Liked 9 Times in 1 Post

Mr Gary Richard going some rounds! Great to see. He is not a customer and we don't talk much but I respect him for all the support he gives to Div 1, the great racecars he has, the excellent drivers he lets run them all the time, and his crews hard work at the track. Maybe we will see a full size wally at Englishtown in a few days! If Gary doesn't have it then Tom could be right there to collect.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #358
rickseeman

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread. We all enjoyed it because of your efforts.
rickseeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:26 PM   #359
Brett C
VIP Member

Liked 845 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJRacing View Post
Doug Jonak
Likely one is to engage the 2 step.
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #360
FINESPLINE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI Performance Products View Post
Mr Gary Richard going some rounds! Great to see. He is not a customer and we don't talk much but I respect him for all the support he gives to Div 1, the great racecars he has, the excellent drivers he lets run them all the time, and his crews hard work at the track. Maybe we will see a full size wally at Englishtown in a few days! If Gary doesn't have it then Tom could be right there to collect.
Good Karma for a gentleman that goes out of his way to promote sportsman drag racing. Going to the final. Good luck !
FINESPLINE is offline   Reply With Quote