HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-02-2018, 04:36 PM   #21
Chevy55

Liked 167 Times in 83 Posts
Default Re: Epping Nationals to have 603 Diesel trucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKelliher View Post
to get people in the stands takes marketing.They gave up on that years age.The fan base is there,just look at the number of fans at the nationals. was almost sold out every year.But they don't market the divisionals or the open when they had it.Other tracks market the races and do very well.maple grove brought in Badder to up grade their track.They did ok before but wanted to improve.The money is there,just need to find way to bring fans to track .as for englishtown,thought it was developer.but same outcome.
I worked at a track back in the day and I had this same conservation with the proprietor back then. His reply was that anything he spent on advertising he'd be lucky to break even.
Maybe you have a plan "B"?
Chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:40 PM   #22
RKelliher

Liked 147 Times in 47 Posts

You have to know how to market.you can throw a lot of money away marketing in wrong direction. that's why you need someone who knows the product and can market it.Plus you need better management in company just like any others.If they can't do that, they are better off selling track to someone who can like Bruton Smith,Badder,or Martel.When I started to go to the track in mid sixtys, they used to fill track every week. But they marketed a lot better then.
RKelliher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:10 PM   #23
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: Epping Nationals to have 603 Diesel trucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKelliher View Post
You have to know how to market.you can throw a lot of money away marketing in wrong direction. that's why you need someone who knows the product and can market it.Plus you need better management in company just like any others.If they can't do that, they are better off selling track to someone who can like Bruton Smith,Badder,or Martel.When I started to go to the track in mid sixtys, they used to fill track every week. But they marketed a lot better then.
Todays car culture is not what it used to be. Most younger guys (but not all) could not care less about drag racing. Cell phones, I phones, I pads, drugs and booze is their bag. My kids are adults (one is 32) now and they do not give a poop about my Corvettes, Hot rod, or my Harley. They never enjoyed going to the races with me when I ran S/S with a Camaro. Its a different world. Just look at the age of most of the Stock and S/S racers today. Could not get them interested in Jr. dragsters either. They were boring to them when they were younger. I sometimes wonder if they are really mine.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #24
Pinballer

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Todays car culture is not what it used to be. Most younger guys (but not all) could not care less about drag racing. Cell phones, I phones, I pads, drugs and booze is their bag. My kids are adults (one is 32) now and they do not give a poop about my Corvettes, Hot rod, or my Harley. They never enjoyed going to the races with me when I ran S/S with a Camaro. Its a different world. Just look at the age of most of the Stock and S/S racers today. Could not get them interested in Jr. dragsters either. They were boring to them when they were younger. I sometimes wonder if they are really mine.
You nailed it. A lot of kids today don't even care about getting a driver's license until they're practically forced to.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:27 PM   #25
Tom P

Liked 213 Times in 85 Posts

In the old days they could have the Batmobile brought in to draw crowds.
http://1966batmobile.com/replica-4-gallery/

People are still awed by things they see on TV, witness the popularity of Street Outlaws and all the various custom car builders (or ruiners in some cases!)
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:51 AM   #26
Dave Gantz

Liked 223 Times in 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinballer View Post
You nailed it. A lot of kids today don't even care about getting a driver's license until they're practically forced to.
They have no motivation. Why would they want to drive a front wheel drive, slushy automatic? They all look the same, are all white, gray, or silver, and make hardly any sound, let alone a healthy V8 sound. I'm getting sleepy just describing them!
The only new cars worth driving cost $40,000 or more. Not affordable for most young people. (Or me, for that matter!)

Last edited by Dave Gantz; 03-05-2018 at 11:56 AM.
Dave Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:46 PM   #27
jwsamuel

Liked 216 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Gantz View Post
Why would they want to drive a front wheel drive, slushy automatic?
Because it gets them where they want to go.