HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 02-22-2021, 09:54 AM   #31
Cbrinson47

Liked 55 Times in 32 Posts
Cool Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

What happened to the special equipment that NHRA was supposed to use to check the thickness of intake and exhaust ports of cylinder heads at the end of the year before last. I forgot what it was called !
Cbrinson47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:06 AM   #32
Kenney Kelley

Liked 71 Times in 35 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Maybe NHRA needs to go back to Points, Condensor and the round 12 volt coil mounted on the manifold and a Carburetor. 1960's
Kenney Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:21 PM   #33
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,225 Times in 594 Posts

Keith, I read and understand that cheating in racing has been around forever. I guess that I didn't realize that it was so rampant.

Gives a whole new meaning to the song - "I Did It My Way."

Kenney, how about hand written slips with E.T. and M.P.H. only.

Last edited by Carguy49; 02-22-2021 at 12:24 PM.
Carguy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:54 PM   #34
HawkBrosMav

Liked 276 Times in 68 Posts

I find it somewhat ironic the the people running Stock and SS are the ones complaining about "cheating".

There is a reason the rules of Stock and SS have gotten so out of hand over the past 20-25 years. It comes down really to 2 things. 1- People are too lazy to work at something and they can just "buy" power so they've gotten parts and pieces approved.. People were cheating for years and year and years and as NHRA has cut back the staffing to police some the things rules have been adjusted to no longer make those things illegal.

I won't argue at all that what is being discussed in this thread isn't happening out there, but if you think the people the win and win consistently are the ones utilizing this technology at the sportsman level I'm here to tell you.... you are wrong... The Dan Fletcher/Biodo/Lamb/Burton/Lanf/Helms type of the world are just good drivers.. if you knew what you were looking for and had the means to check every car at every event across the nation (at the sportsman level) I would venture to guess you find less than 10-20 cars utilizing this technology..
HawkBrosMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-22-2021, 03:43 PM   #35
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,790 Times in 571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Battis View Post
Assuming NHRA has the will to enforce the rule, and the ability to employ the due diligence - the fall out and subsequent fix seems pretty easy. If you are caught cheating at that level of sophistication to have artificially replicated ETs you get a lifetime ban from NHRA events. Strong deterrent and no repeat offenders. When honor isn’t enough of a reward, a giant hammer can be substituted. Flame away....
Yes that is the ANSWER!!
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-22-2021, 03:54 PM   #36
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,790 Times in 571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkBrosMav View Post
I find it somewhat ironic the the people running Stock and SS are the ones complaining about "cheating".

There is a reason the rules of Stock and SS have gotten so out of hand over the past 20-25 years. It comes down really to 2 things. 1- People are too lazy to work at something and they can just "buy" power so they've gotten parts and pieces approved.. People were cheating for years and year and years and as NHRA has cut back the staffing to police some the things rules have been adjusted to no longer make those things illegal.

I won't argue at all that what is being discussed in this thread isn't happening out there, but if you think the people the win and win consistently are the ones utilizing this technology at the sportsman level I'm here to tell you.... you are wrong... The Dan Fletcher/Biodo/Lamb/Burton/Lanf/Helms type of the world are just good drivers.. if you knew what you were looking for and had the means to check every car at every event across the nation (at the sportsman level) I would venture to guess you find less than 10-20 cars utilizing this technology..
Yes = There are a lot of great drivers in Stock/SS.
My son is one of them - I am not one of them!

However, It breaks my Heart to see him have to compete
with other good drivers who have electronics that tip the
scales so far in their favor against him.

You can come up and inspect everything on our cars anytime
anyone asks.

We have the funds and know where to find the tech to implement
the changes necessary to compete at the highest level with the other
great drivers.

We discussed it a couple years ago and indeed I was considering
so AND I was pissed off enough to do it after over nearly 60 years
in this sport of following the rules.

I brought it up to my son Jon = He said NO WAY would he participate
in doing so and please do not bring it up again!

Last edited by GTX JOHN; 02-22-2021 at 03:56 PM.
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 05:12 PM   #37
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,640 Times in 507 Posts

It seems there are quite a few of you that know who these supposed cheaters are. If you know they are cheating and know how they are cheating then why don't you protest them and have them torn down and checked for illegal electronics. Personally I don't know of anyone that is involved in that sort of thing. My car has nothing but a 7al box and air shifter. I don't see the newer electronic cars winning more than the older conventional cars. I do believe the technology is out there. We have GPS on the jobsites that is accurate to 1/8 inch or less. This type of equipment is very expensive though. The last 3 races last year and the first race of this year I lost by a combined total of 16 thousandths of a second.
Old 02-22-2021, 05:51 PM   #38
GTS340

Liked 1,059 Times in 333 Posts

I don't know but a few folks on this website. If you think there is something funny or what have you. The tech officials are there. I'm happy to still be able to do this and yes I go to win. I would hope every one is a sportsman. Pushing the limits is the game we play. Usually that is under the hood only. That is why we tear down. Not some cheating GPS system. Catching a better light and dialing the car correctly are the only things I want to lose against. As long as the driver is doing all the work that is. Hats off to the greats of the sport. Losing to a front spoiler and not the front tires makes me mad but I adjust. If someone is doing this GPS stuff against me and I catch you. I love this sport too much to just let it fly.

Paul Haszlauer
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-22-2021, 05:53 PM   #39
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,680 Times in 852 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
...The last 3 races last year and the first race of this year I lost by a combined total of 16 thousandths of a second.
Ouch! And still finished #7 in D2, impressive and frustrating both at the same time.
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 06:54 PM   #40
HawkBrosMav

Liked 276 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
It seems there are quite a few of you that know who these supposed cheaters are. If you know they are cheating and know how they are cheating then why don't you protest them and have them torn down and checked for illegal electronics. Personally I don't know of anyone that is involved in that sort of thing. My car has nothing but a 7al box and air shifter. I don't see the newer electronic cars winning more than the older conventional cars. I do believe the technology is out there. We have GPS on the jobsites that is accurate to 1/8 inch or less. This type of equipment is very expensive though. The last 3 races last year and the first race of this year I lost by a combined total of 16 thousandths of a second.

This was my point. Everyone on here complaining about how the technology exists and are convinced these guys that win all the time are using it, but aren't confident enough to step up and protest. To me this is more of a case of the people that are losing can't figure out how to win and the means the others MUST be doing something.. They have such nice cars and these "crazy" electronics that must make the cars soooo much better... Look I'm here to tell you there are people out there that WILL do it.. there are also people out there that know how to do it.. There are also people that can afford to do it.. finding one person that fits all 3 categories isn't as easy as it sounds. I can almost guarantee those of you that think the guys that win all the time have this technology in place are wrong.. the guys that win all the time would win if you made them drive a butter knife being towed behind a golf cart... they win because they understand something about driving/building a car better than the rest of us and they have the physical abilities to go along with their knowledge. I would venture to guess (and yes.. I'm just guessing) that less than 1% of sportsman vehicles have ever tried anything like this and even those probably weren't successful.. the guys that have broken down and considered doing it are the same guys that can't figure out how to win on their own.. the guys the win were winning before this technology and will continue winning even against guys that do stoop to using it..

BH
HawkBrosMav is offline   Reply With Quote