Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #11
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: my therapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom keedle View Post
is that the bubble pack stuff? if so you just as well replace it now, doesn't work worth a damn on the floor...
A friend used it in his 49 merc.Also installed it in about 10 other cars during builds.Never had a complaint about this stuff.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #12
Dennis P Chapman
VIP Member

Liked 52 Times in 24 Posts

About time you got the wagon painted Ed looks good.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #13
Tom keedle

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
A friend used it in his 49 merc.Also installed it in about 10 other cars during builds.Never had a complaint about this stuff.
I used it in my 46 COE and the bubbles popped from foot traffic.
just tellin' ya...

now, the jute back stuff is fine..
Old 12-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #14
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Hung the fenders on the mustang for a trial fit.Going to need a bit of jacking around to line them up.Waiting for a friend who's been there before.
Also installed the the pass. side mouldings.Couldn't find the small qtr. panel end spears.After a session of speaking in tongues I finally found them.Had to move cars out of driveway to push the wagon out and turn it around in the street, then put cars back in order.
My back is still feeling the effects.Ran some wires to the general area they'll be connected at eventually.Pictures to follow.
Am I the only dope who waits till he's 68 years old to take on two projects like this???????
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Old 12-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #15
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
Hung the fenders on the mustang for a trial fit.Going to need a bit of jacking around to line them up.Waiting for a friend who's been there before.
Also installed the the pass. side mouldings.Couldn't find the small qtr. panel end spears.After a session of speaking in tongues I finally found them.Had to move cars out of driveway to push the wagon out and turn it around in the street, then put cars back in order.
My back is still feeling the effects.Ran some wires to the general area they'll be connected at eventually.Pictures to follow.
Am I the only dope who waits till he's 68 years old to take on two projects like this???????
You can feel better that your not alone. I've got a few lined up myself and one is a 4104 Grey Hound bus. Gotta keep busy.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #16
Robert Swartz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Am I the only dope who waits till he's 68 years old to take on two projects like this???????[/QUOTE]

Ed,

I'm only 59 and thought I was the dope for taking on too many things at once. Hope I'm still doing this stuff at 68? Pain just means you're still alive.

BTW, first car I got to drive was a 65 Mustang. 200 six with an automatic. Was a good car to pick up girls. Dad supposedly sold it to someone in Illinois that was going to restore it. It was yellow, black vinyl top with black interior. Who knows, probably got gutted and stripped for parts for other restorations. Love the old Mustangs, wish I had a couple of mine back.
95 Achieva EF/SA, 78 Mustang II U/SA (work in progress) #354 stock
Robert Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #17
goinbroke2

Liked 174 Times in 60 Posts

I bought a 66 notch with no drivetrain, being a dumb kid with a 351C/fmx I thought I'd jam it in. Didn't fit so I took a torch and sledgehammer and beat the inner shock towers flat. Made angle iron mounts and voila! Went 50ft up the road and the steering made a hard right?? The upper arm twisted right around so pulled engine back out, straightened the arm by eye and welded 1/8" plate steel over the smashed in ribs in the shock towers.
Headers from a 71 mustang fit with a little tweaking. Ugly,loud but damn it was fast! LOL!
goinbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #18
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry 6674 View Post
You can feel better that your not alone. I've got a few lined up myself and one is a 4104 Grey Hound bus. Gotta keep busy.
Went that route many years ago, a 1957 GM bus are a wonderful mechanical wonder of wiring and fittings that never end. Great pastime and good luck.Claude
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:56 AM   #19
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero819 View Post
Went that route many years ago, a 1957 GM bus are a wonderful mechanical wonder of wiring and fittings that never end. Great pastime and good luck.Claude
Boy I hear that. Mine is a 1960 which was the last year for the 4104. I wish I could have gotten it before it was converted. It was professionally converted in 1975 and the wiring really got butchered. Lots of remodel.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #20
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry 6674 View Post
Harry,I know I'm not alone but it's difficult getting help to stop by and give a hand and advise.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA