HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing

Old 12-05-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default NHRA Unleashed

Anyone see NHRA Unleashed on FOX Sports today. This is the first time I have seen the TV coverage. I have heard that the actual racing is as much fun as Pinks All Out only using the tree instead of the arm drop. Some of the races were won by .002. One of the class final was, heads-up, between a 71 Duster and 72 Deamon. Nhra is scheduling 14 or 16 of these races next year. Went on the NHRA Unleashed site to see if the 2011 schedule was listed. Funny thing, NHRA has a note on their site to contact SPEED Corporate Offices in Charlotte to request that they keep Pinks All Out next year.
chris3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
denbreeden

Liked 77 Times in 34 Posts
Default Re: NHRA Unleashed

I raced at Indy Unleashed in the 10.0 class, lots of fun but very tight racing. I saw at least 7 10.000's during qualifying and racing. Good times, lots of cars and heads up racing! I've made the field twice at Pinks All Out and had a great time also. The only bad part of Pinks is if you are not one of the 16 out of 450-500 cars to race for the money, you only get two passes and you're done. At Unleashed every class and all the cars get to race. Not for everyone but still fun.
denbreeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
Ben Holt

Liked 95 Times in 29 Posts

We runner-upped in the Outlaw 10.5 @ Indy and had three customers in that class in Columbus. It is a really great race and they are trying really hard to make something worthwhile for the sportsman racer. The pits were full at Indy and Columbus both, full of index racers. Gainesville was apparently the same way. Your 14-16 race number is a little off though. We expect them to have 6-8 races next year, but with a points and contingency program, over the cash purse of what they had this year. Plus, you get on TV!
Ben Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
John Kelley

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thumbs down Re: NHRA Unleashed

Sounds like THROTTLE STOP "racing".....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
John Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the information. I am only going by what I had read on some other sites. I saw the show yesterday and know that we will run some of the races. I am very interested in whether they draw the kind of spectators the Pink All Out races drew. We have raced in three of their races and the stands and the pits were jammed both days for time runs and the race. I also like the way Unleased is set up you are in a "class" index and there is prize money pay-out in each class to quarter-finals, I think is what I read, plus you get "the Wally".
Old 12-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
mannymen

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts

John kelley, I thought this is what everyone wanted and always complained about? Unleashed has No delay boxes and no throttle stops, but correct me if I'm wrong? Not what is the problem???

Everyone on here complains about the .90 classes and that they are boring and that they should go back to using wooden blocks under the gas pedal and mechanical stop contraptions. Heck no delay boxes either and having to make your car run the number without electronic aids.

I guess I just don't understand anymore or maybe I never did
Old 12-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,680 Times in 852 Posts

I'd respectfully submit that this thread belongs in another section. It's not stock/ super stock or .90 racing; perhaps closer to bracket racing. Just think most of us class racers don't support the series for a host of reasons. Perhaps you could e:mail Ken or another administrator to assign a different place to post threads on the subject.

Respectfully,

Last edited by jmcarter; 12-06-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Correct for grammar.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #8
SCOTT SST2871

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree that this might be the wrong place for this subject but..
I also agree with manny,this racing sounds like fun and last time i checked you can add weight to a stk/sstk car and still have fun with it!!
Scott fifield
SCOTT SST2871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:23 PM   #9
67champ

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The unleashed racing is a blast! It is very different than bracket racing where we just dial in different when the weather changes, etc. I thought is was an exciting challenge to keep changing things on the car to run around 13.0. Oh, and the PRO Tree, for anyone who hasn't raced off it yet, is sweet! I highly recommend you try it some time...

dt
67champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #10
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have not gone back on the Stock Superstock page to make any post commenting on the threads that have now popped up about Pinks All Out. There are guys on there now talking about how great it was and to bad it is gone. I think it is funny that now that there is no drag racing show on the Speed Channel, except re-runs of Pinks All Out, everyone is concerned. Everyone was watching the re-runs over Christmas. I caught the first part of the show from Z-Max in 2009 and thought his comment was super. Mr. Byrd commented that at one of the greatest drag racing facilities ever built, a group of grass roots drag racers could come in and fill, "30,000+", the stands for two days and bring 560 race cars. Now everyone is concerned that there is no televised racing except ESPN.

We are just waiting for the Unleashed Schedule.