HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-11-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts
Default Mid Atlantic .90 Association @ Cecil County - June 28 & 29th

After a jammed packed four races in three weeks to kick off the 2014 season the Mid Atlantic .90 Association will return to action at Northeast Maryland's Cecil County Dragway for the Mid-Summer Shootout on June 28th & 29th. Two days of action packed .90 racing awaits the racers during the weekend. This is open to all Super Comp, Super Gas & Super Street Racers. You do not have to be a member with us to run but, if you happen to win the race dues will be taken out. Fee's are $35.00 at the gate and $70.00 paid at my trailer.

Parking will be start on the 27th (Friday) beginning at 5pm. Gates will be open till about 11pm or when racing concludes for the night for their test and tune program on Friday evening. If weather does happen to wash out the program on Friday Night gates will be closed so we will have to squeeze into the small gate entrance or maybe park up at the Pizza Hut or Days Inn before the track and wait till morning. Please come in gate #1 and then cross over the staging lanes, down the return road and to the field. We will be parking over on the tower side of the track (Where they normally park us for the LODRS Event). Please watch for any reserved spots. Most of them are located as you make the turn off the return road and enter the field. "Reserved" is spray painted on the asphalt so please watch for that so we don't upset the normal bracket racers on Sunday. If any of you would like to test & tune on Friday evening you may do so the cost is $15.00 per racer. On Saturday morning gates will open at 8am with racing starting at or around 9am. In normal fashion at Cecil County will open the lanes early and let whomever wants too make a few shots at the track. These runs will not count towards qualifying. We will offer the racers BBQ which will be held on Saturday Night. If you would like to make something to bring feel free too. Once again thanks to the Donhausers and Harple families for putting this on for the group.

On Sunday the gates will open at 8am again but, racing will start around 11am as we will be there along with their normal bracket program. Juniors will be on the track at 8:30am and then we will start the bracket program at 10am followed by us. The plan is 2 time runs but, as we have seen in the past 2 events Sunday has turned into one but, Cecil runs a pretty tight ship and unless weather is approaching we should be able to get 2 runs in.

For anyone wishing for more info please contact Rob @ Rekeister@aol.com or 856-332-2851
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Default Re: Mid Atlantic .90 Association @ Cecil County - June 28 &

A couple things I missed in the last post as far as detours and closures :

Remember those around the Wilmington, De area the I-495 Bridge is closed till past Summer for repairs. From DelDot here is the re-routing directions:

Trucker Route Information to Terminal Avenue from I-95 South:

-I-95 South to I-295 North (New Castle / DE Memorial Bridge); I-295 North to Route 9 (Wilmington); North Route 9 to Terminal Avenue

Also a big thanks to one of our sponsors for this event at Cecil:
Just added for these two events the winners of both Saturday and Sunday's .90 Races (SC, SG, SST) at Cecil will receive a brand new fire extinguisher courtesy of Jeff Eastburn and his company Hoops Fire Prevention! You never know when trouble may happen on and off the track and sometimes we overlook having a fire extinguisher near by but, thanks to Jeff and Hoops we have 6 more racers prepared in case something may occur!
Old 06-27-2014, 08:20 AM   #3
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Default Re: Mid Atlantic .90 Association @ Cecil County - June 28 &

Weather looks great for 2 days of racing at Cecil County! Hope to see a lot of .90 racers make the trip this weekend!

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/USMD0342