HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 08-16-2018, 03:35 PM   #1
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts
Default John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal

Disabled #veterans and their caregivers will soon have access to a number of expanded benefits thanks to the signing of the “John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019.”
Beginning in January 2020, service-connected disabled veterans and their caregivers will be eligible to use base commissary stores and Morale, Welfare and Recreation facilities. In addition, veterans with a service-connected disability rated as total will soon be eligible to use space-available (Space-A) travel.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:11 PM   #2
Eddies66
VIP Member

Default Re: John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act for Fi

Two other issues are currently floating around Washington: the Burn Pit Exposure from the Gulf War and the Blue Water Navy Exposure to Agent Orange from the Vietnam Era. The latter just passed the House the former is still in the House.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:51 PM   #3
Lew Silverman
VIP Member

Liked 129 Times in 59 Posts

Thank you for using the "official" title of this landmark legislation just signed into law by our Commander-in-Chief. Although I may not have always agreed with what Senator John S. McCain had to say on a number of issues, I always had a deep respect for him as a Patriot and for his life of service to our country. It is my belief that he has consistently placed his love for his country, and its citizens, over his political party. It will be my honor to remember his sacrifices this coming September 21st, National POW/MIA Recognition Day.

It is also nice to see that our Veterans (and their families) are being afforded many of the benefits long due them. It would be wonderful if our government could finally admit that there were many of us who fell victim to all the environmental abuses so common during both war AND peace. We need more studies into the ground-water contamination at most DoD-facilities here in CONUS as well.

"Still Serving - Soldier for Life!"
Lew Silverman #2070
"The Wagon Master" N/SA
Lew Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:59 AM   #4
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew Silverman View Post
Thank you for using the "official" title of this landmark legislation just signed into law by our Commander-in-Chief. Although I may not have always agreed with what Senator John S. McCain had to say on a number of issues, I always had a deep respect for him as a Patriot and for his life of service to our country. It is my belief that he has consistently placed his love for his country, and its citizens, over his political party. It will be my honor to remember his sacrifices this coming September 21st, National POW/MIA Recognition Day.

It is also nice to see that our Veterans (and their families) are being afforded many of the benefits long due them. It would be wonderful if our government could finally admit that there were many of us who fell victim to all the environmental abuses so common during both war AND peace. We need more studies into the ground-water contamination at most DoD-facilities here in CONUS as well.

"Still Serving - Soldier for Life!"

Camp Lejeune Water Contamination List- Served 1973-74.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:00 PM   #5
Lew Silverman
VIP Member

Liked 129 Times in 59 Posts

The Fort McClellan Health Registry Act has been sitting "in committee" since 25 August 2017, so there appears to be more work necessary!
Lew Silverman #2070
"The Wagon Master" N/SA
Lew Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote