HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-23-2009, 01:27 PM   #31
Tony Janes

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: New hp revisions?

Question of the year? Why are people worried about indexes. If there are any answers, I wlll take it from there. I will say the horse is dead and I think NHRA feels the same way.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:33 PM   #32
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: New hp revisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa633 View Post
I dont wanna say "work on your car" or something similar but it seems like alot of people think that everyone that has a car with 4 wheels should be able to race Stock and SS at a competitive level...Should we raise the index a full second instead maybe? Just wondering where the "spirit" of trying to go faster are these days..Bracket Racing is still around..has been forever..if someone dosent want spend the time,effort or money involved to race these categorys like they have let it evolve..should then the faster guys always have to sandbag,lookout for triggers and race at events that dont trigger anything to keep the rest happy? I am not looking for a debate on legal stuff or not or how tech are doing it's work...just seeing whats going on these days...just seem really stupid that everyone can go under the index..and most a full second and more..When i started you had to try a couple of years to beat index!
I think half the problem is it is too easy to make a field. I think "back in the day" when you built a car, the challenge was to make the field and that didn't happen overnight. And then once you made the field, barely, you got your *** whupped. Repeatedly. And because you were tired of the whuppin', you tried harder and harder and then finally, after years perhaps, you not only had a competitive car but a thorough understanding of why things work the way they do.
From this, we have talented racers and talented engine builders. Now it's a "right" to race Stock Eliminator and if you can't find a rulebook, you can c'mon here and ask how and get all the spins you want on deciphering a rule to your advantage.
So I guess the big question is this. Did making it "hard" attract or loose competitors? Did NHRA really need to make it easier?