HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-16-2022, 08:34 AM   #1

Liked 925 Times in 240 Posts
Default Indy quota prediction

So Indy opens in 6 days. What does everyone think the quotas will be, and will they fill up?

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 09:46 AM   #2
Pistol Pete
VIP Member

Liked 688 Times in 182 Posts
Default Re: Indy quota prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1347 View Post
So Indy opens in 6 days. What does everyone think the quotas will be, and will they fill up?
Quotas: 160

Yes they will fill up.
Old 06-16-2022, 10:06 AM   #3
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,678 Times in 850 Posts

Agree with Pete, no ahfs gives you a chance to prove who is “top dog”. Recognize this can’t be a huge draw in itself because everyone isn’t capable of running 1.20 under or even 1 under but having witnessed Indy class a few times it’s without a doubt the greatest show in drag racing and NHRATV or even a few YouTube livestreams are not close to giving you the full experience of being there. Don’t think fuel prices will be a huge deterrent since it represents a small amount relative to your total investment. And face it, fuel prices aren’t going down anytime soon. Only hindrance I see is if the forecast turns dismal and it looks like NHRA might revert to a “top 2 qualifiers run for the Wally”. Winning Indy is the epitome of drag racing and many of us remember who even makes it to the quarters and semis.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:09 AM   #4
J.R. Haddad

Liked 874 Times in 195 Posts

Quota, 160. It will fill, but on the Monday before 20 people will pull ot,
leaving the final number around 143-145.

J.R.
J.R. Haddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:56 AM   #5
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts

It's still a few months off,but unless something big happens in this country real quick,I don't see how they get a 128 car field at the moment.
I do see the quota filling at 150-160 with many people "wanting" to go.
But on the Monday before the race,I see an all run field for anybody that wants to go
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 09:45 AM   #6
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,678 Times in 850 Posts

With the quota now set at 150 we’ll see what response there is but think you guys are correct that it will be all run, my old heap can even make the field. Heck, unless someone abruptly buys Rink’s GTO I might even last a round in class! I’m really looking forward to class, the greatest show in racing, bar none.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 10:03 PM   #7
B Parker

Liked 2,311 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
With the quota now set at 150 we’ll see what response there is but think you guys are correct that it will be all run, my old heap can even make the field. Heck, unless someone abruptly buys Rink’s GTO I might even last a round in class! I’m really looking forward to class, the greatest show in racing, bar none.
It will be interesting to see how many will show up with fuel prices at an all time high. No AHFS I believe will help get a few more to show up. If they announced last year no AHFS for Indy this year more racers might have made plans to include Indy in their racing schedule this season. I'm limited in the races I can make it to but have added Indy in this year because of no AHFS.

I race A and B Stock Auto what do you guys think it will take to win either class? Wish it would be easy to start a pool with anyone that wanted to putting a few bucks in to predict the winning ET in each of the classes. Half going to the correct guess and the other half going to the racer. winning the class. BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-27-2022, 03:47 AM   #8
PONTIAC'S REVENGE

Liked 49 Times in 19 Posts

Well last year it was ridiculous. 1st i was like one of the 1st cars there (top 50) they parked me out by gate 8 couldnt get my usual spot. Redman had respect! They took our Thursday Friday class racing show and upstaged that Jegs bracket race. Why dont they run that Jegs race at Columbus race Jegs headquarters are there! Makes no sense. Ruined the best class race on the planet! Class was Very anticlimactic, all done Weds 2 rounds eliminator Thursday 3/4 of the field headed for home Thursday night. NO FUN. VERY DISAPPOINTING! Didnt even feel like i was at the dance! Felt like we were rushed out of the event. Comp engine please hurry!

Last edited by PONTIAC'S REVENGE; 06-27-2022 at 04:06 AM.
PONTIAC'S REVENGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked