Old 05-18-2020, 04:14 PM   #41
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts
Default Re: Pray for ALL racers and families

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Wells View Post
Wow you are a commie, LOL
Even though I don't agree with Bruce concerning the existence of God; he certainly has the right and the freedom to express his views. That is what makes this country great.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:27 PM   #42
Stan Weiss

Liked 545 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
Even though I don't agree with Bruce concerning the existence of God; he certainly has the right and the freedom to express his views. That is what makes this country great.

Exactly. This country was founded on separation of church and state. Which not only means you can believe or not believe in GOD. But also if you believe in GOD you not someone else or this country gets to choice who you believe in..

Stan
Old 05-18-2020, 04:52 PM   #43
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 649 Times in 208 Posts
Cool Re: Pray for ALL racers and families

John, your story was epic. Very true to the nature of God. We may have differences of theology, even within the same church, but one thing is true. We can't deny a firsthand experience. One wiser than I summed it up very well with the quotable phrase," A man with a testimony has nothing to fear from a man with an argument". A person can deny another one's beliefs, but he will never be able to deny the truth of what happens.
Four terms come to mind- theology, doctrine, experience, and Scripture. Theology is the study of who God is and how He does things. Doctrine is man's opinion of what God does and doesn't do. Experience is the reality of what God does and has done. Scripture is God's revelation of who He is.Only two of the four are indisputable. I'm glad for the experiences of many and myself. That's what counts. The rest is subject to revision by the collision with reality.

Last edited by Greg Reimer 7376; 05-18-2020 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:29 PM   #44
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,707 Times in 853 Posts

Thank you John for sharing that. Having a “mountain top” experience is definitely something that changes your life. When encountering someone who denies God my first thought is the certain knowledge that one day that person will encounter Christ. I do not know when that will occur but I’m certain our merciful and loving God is always working to gather all his children.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:30 PM   #45
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRETV View Post
No, you said God didn't exist, it's on you to prove it. So again, who created you?

And you are right about religion, it does control people with it's rules. What I'm saying is, this is ALL about a relationship, not a set of religious rules to follow. We follow Him and His rules or I should say commandments because we are thankful for what HE has done and died for us. And the commandments He put into place is for our own good and well being. Just like when you were a kid and your father gave you rules to follow, to keep you safe and out of trouble. Again, it's about a relationship, NOT a religion or set of rules.

Bret Velde
2003 FS/??
Lol. You're running now. You've been out here making extraordinary claims and can't prove one single word of it and now you're in a corner. Not one bit sorry for you. Prove it or admit you can't. Its not up to me to prove a darn thing when it comes to the gods.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:17 PM   #46
BRETV

Liked 598 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post
Lol. You're running now. You've been out here making extraordinary claims and can't prove one single word of it and now you're in a corner. Not one bit sorry for you. Prove it or admit you can't. Its not up to me to prove a darn thing when it comes to the gods.
Running? Who's running? Sorry for me? You came on here disagreeing with me, saying that there is no God.The proof is, look in the mirror at yourself, if He didn't create you, who or what did?

By the way, by no means I'm trying to judge or condemn you and your belief, I'm just asking your opinion on who you think created you, if God didn't?

Bret Velde
2003 FS/??
Old 05-18-2020, 08:47 PM   #47
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,453 Times in 1,694 Posts

Short break time..before this gets out of hand:

Old 05-18-2020, 08:59 PM   #48
BRETV

Liked 598 Times in 148 Posts

Mark,

Don't worry it won't get outta hand, No anger from my side at all. Just a discussion. We will probably agree to disagree, but that's okay. Thanks for the video!

Bret Velde
2003 FS/??
Liked
Old 05-19-2020, 09:56 AM   #49
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

[QUOTE=BRETV;614895]Mark,

Don't worry it won't get outta hand, No anger from my side at all. Just a discussion. We will probably agree to disagree, but that's okay. Thanks for the video!

Yup. Everyone has their own views and beliefs when it comes to religion. There is no right or wrong it’s just what you believe. Follow your beliefs and don’t try to force them on someone that believes different from you.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:40 AM   #50
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,232 Times in 596 Posts

God has been very good to me.

I have 11 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren.

I have a daughter that brings me groceries every 2 weeks so that I don't have to get out so much. The other's live out of state and we talk often.

I have many friends that I talk with very often, including God through prayer each day.

I am very grateful for what I have and I feel blessed to have many friends to talk with including those on Class Racer, THANK YOU.

Thank You and God Bless each of you that have either looked at or contributed to this thread.
Closed Thread