HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 02-20-2021, 02:42 PM   #11
GTS340

Liked 1,066 Times in 333 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
Does this new tech mean I have to not use my garage door opener in my pocket? Just asking for a friend
I carry mine just to look important. I'm one of the very few that can barely use a cell phone. Very old school!
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 07:05 PM   #12
MikeMoller

Liked 242 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
Does this new tech mean I have to not use my garage door opener in my pocket? Just asking for a friend
My wife keeps mine, she knows how it works!
Old 02-20-2021, 07:40 PM   #13
B Parker

Liked 2,311 Times in 454 Posts

Maybe some of the COPO's owners can answer this one. I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone but I was told some of the COPO's come equipped with a delay box built into their ignition. Is this true? Barry
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:23 PM   #14
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts

I was involved in a race once that seemed odd to me... That being said there was about a 98% chance I was beat anyway...I was .03 they were .00 ..

they spotted me around .20 1/8 mile @ 330' I'm watching the nose of their car through my quarter window and this car is surging... coming up on my door and falling back to quarter window about 12-18'' THE STRANGE part to me is front of car is NOT bouncing or moving... front stays hiked up... no bounce.. nothing like it is full power...
then a little before 594' he quits surging and pulls up puts his fender out in front of me and backs into me...
YEAH I KNOW I was a sitting duck,but how was that car moving back and forth beside me slowing and speeding up enough to move 12-18'' beside me without the front end raising or lowering any?
maybe front of my cars are just loose... but if I throttle or pump the brakes under power the front of my car is going to raise or lower some....this car NEVER change height AT ALL....
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:09 PM   #15
bubski

Liked 186 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Taylor 3601 View Post
I was involved in a race once that seemed odd to me... That being said there was about a 98% chance I was beat anyway...I was .03 they were .00 ..

they spotted me around .20 1/8 mile @ 330' I'm watching the nose of their car through my quarter window and this car is surging... coming up on my door and falling back to quarter window about 12-18'' THE STRANGE part to me is front of car is NOT bouncing or moving... front stays hiked up... no bounce.. nothing like it is full power...
then a little before 594' he quits surging and pulls up puts his fender out in front of me and backs into me...
YEAH I KNOW I was a sitting duck,but how was that car moving back and forth beside me slowing and speeding up enough to move 12-18'' beside me without the front end raising or lowering any?
maybe front of my cars are just loose... but if I throttle or pump the brakes under power the front of my car is going to raise or lower some....this car NEVER change height AT ALL....
And Bubski's the pariah of Class Racer !! Bring up the dirty dozen or known cheats and your a JO !! This is real and its happening more than ever !! SS/S need to run single wire magnetos regardless of the "data" loss or performance to even out the field !! Sky net has invaded class racing !!
bubski is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-21-2021, 11:29 AM   #16
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,605 Times in 375 Posts

MSD grid system .race park. System
Can I ask why this is ok in stock or super stock?
Can of worms. I don’t own one.
But it does have timing adjustment ...traction control?
and I believe GPS.
Or something to the effect of plotting your run down the track
On a no computer car easy to check.
Late model 2008 or newer car.
Needle in a haystack
Oh yes people are cheating in plain site. But it’s ok
MSD. Motec. Racepak. If you one of these
Old 02-21-2021, 12:14 PM   #17
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 260 Posts

Does this mean that my wife will have to rename the line on the graph that says NOS "in' and "out" ??
Old 02-21-2021, 01:21 PM   #18
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,732 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
Maybe some of the COPO's owners can answer this one. I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone but I was told some of the COPO's come equipped with a delay box built into their ignition. Is this true? Barry
I have been involved with the COPO program from the very beginning. I own the sixth car built. Holley has been involved in my program since early 2013 when I converted that car to Holley EFI. I have been closely involved in both programs this whole time. All I can say is, if there is a "Factory installed delay box," it has been kept well hidden from me!
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 01:30 PM   #19
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,453 Times in 541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrone View Post
MSD grid system .race park. System
Can I ask why this is ok in stock or super stock?
Can of worms. I don’t own one.
But it does have timing adjustment ...traction control?
and I believe GPS.
Or something to the effect of plotting your run down the track
On a no computer car easy to check.
Late model 2008 or newer car.
Needle in a haystack
Oh yes people are cheating in plain site. But it’s ok
MSD. Motec. Racepak. If you one of these
James,

Yes, you can map the timing on the MSD Grid to each individual cylinder and more.

As DG explained earlier, there are a lot of different ways that you do so, especially with the high end ECU systems and their interface with the MSD Grid and Racepak data.

I did a brief stint as the Chief Engineer of a shop that built racing engines for Trophy Trucks, ATV's, UTV's and also prepared them to off road races.

We used probably every ECU available in the market depending on the customer choice. All I can say is that with the higher end systems like Motec, Entrom, BS3 and Holley, you can basically have the vehicle do whatever you please and do it in a discrete way that tech will not know what is taking place. It also requires the tuner to know what he is doing and have knowledge of the type of racing too. As an example, with the high end Trophy Trucks, we had barometric pressure sensors that would change the tune of the engine almost instantly for higher elevations and change the tune at lower elevations. Of course, the high end Trophy Trucks cost a lot more than a Pro Stock when they are race ready.

I strongly believe this same issue took place in Pro Stock with the advent of EFI and why the dissimilar performance among teams until others started catching up.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 02:02 PM   #20
RPM5595

Liked 32 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adger Smith View Post
Does this mean that my wife will have to rename the line on the graph that says NOS "in' and "out" ??
Adger, you being a machinist it would probably be more suitable to change it to "Go" and "No Go"?
RPM5595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked