HOME FORUM RULES SPONSORS CONTACT
     
   
   
Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2021, 01:42 PM   #11
GTS340
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 243
Likes: 34
Liked 253 Times in 81 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
Does this new tech mean I have to not use my garage door opener in my pocket? Just asking for a friend
I carry mine just to look important. I'm one of the very few that can barely use a cell phone. Very old school!
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 06:05 PM   #12
MikeMoller
Senior Member
 
MikeMoller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 573
Likes: 5
Liked 123 Times in 42 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
Does this new tech mean I have to not use my garage door opener in my pocket? Just asking for a friend
My wife keeps mine, she knows how it works!
__________________
Mike Moller
NHRA 203 R-T-U/SA
MikeMoller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 06:40 PM   #13
B Parker
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 484
Likes: 387
Liked 1,040 Times in 216 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Maybe some of the COPO's owners can answer this one. I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone but I was told some of the COPO's come equipped with a delay box built into their ignition. Is this true? Barry
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 07:23 PM   #14
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member
 
Mike Taylor 3601's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somerset,Ky
Posts: 1,273
Likes: 135
Liked 64 Times in 33 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

I was involved in a race once that seemed odd to me... That being said there was about a 98% chance I was beat anyway...I was .03 they were .00 ..

they spotted me around .20 1/8 mile @ 330' I'm watching the nose of their car through my quarter window and this car is surging... coming up on my door and falling back to quarter window about 12-18'' THE STRANGE part to me is front of car is NOT bouncing or moving... front stays hiked up... no bounce.. nothing like it is full power...
then a little before 594' he quits surging and pulls up puts his fender out in front of me and backs into me...
YEAH I KNOW I was a sitting duck,but how was that car moving back and forth beside me slowing and speeding up enough to move 12-18'' beside me without the front end raising or lowering any?
maybe front of my cars are just loose... but if I throttle or pump the brakes under power the front of my car is going to raise or lower some....this car NEVER change height AT ALL....
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:09 PM   #15
bubski
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 139
Likes: 0
Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Taylor 3601 View Post
I was involved in a race once that seemed odd to me... That being said there was about a 98% chance I was beat anyway...I was .03 they were .00 ..

they spotted me around .20 1/8 mile @ 330' I'm watching the nose of their car through my quarter window and this car is surging... coming up on my door and falling back to quarter window about 12-18'' THE STRANGE part to me is front of car is NOT bouncing or moving... front stays hiked up... no bounce.. nothing like it is full power...
then a little before 594' he quits surging and pulls up puts his fender out in front of me and backs into me...
YEAH I KNOW I was a sitting duck,but how was that car moving back and forth beside me slowing and speeding up enough to move 12-18'' beside me without the front end raising or lowering any?
maybe front of my cars are just loose... but if I throttle or pump the brakes under power the front of my car is going to raise or lower some....this car NEVER change height AT ALL....
And Bubski's the pariah of Class Racer !! Bring up the dirty dozen or known cheats and your a JO !! This is real and its happening more than ever !! SS/S need to run single wire magnetos regardless of the "data" loss or performance to even out the field !! Sky net has invaded class racing !!
bubski is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-21-2021, 10:29 AM   #16
James Perrone
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LONG ISLAND N.Y.
Posts: 1,267
Likes: 1,152
Liked 784 Times in 167 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

MSD grid system .race park. System
Can I ask why this is ok in stock or super stock?
Can of worms. I donít own one.
But it does have timing adjustment ...traction control?
and I believe GPS.
Or something to the effect of plotting your run down the track
On a no computer car easy to check.
Late model 2008 or newer car.
Needle in a haystack
Oh yes people are cheating in plain site. But itís ok
MSD. Motec. Racepak. If you one of these
__________________
james perrone 1290 STK
James Perrone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 11:14 AM   #17
Adger Smith
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Texarkana Ark/TX
Posts: 2,046
Likes: 127
Liked 320 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Does this mean that my wife will have to rename the line on the graph that says NOS "in' and "out" ??
__________________
Adger Smith (Former SS)
Adger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 12:21 PM   #18
GUMP
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 1,210
Likes: 378
Liked 424 Times in 121 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
Maybe some of the COPO's owners can answer this one. I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone but I was told some of the COPO's come equipped with a delay box built into their ignition. Is this true? Barry
I have been involved with the COPO program from the very beginning. I own the sixth car built. Holley has been involved in my program since early 2013 when I converted that car to Holley EFI. I have been closely involved in both programs this whole time. All I can say is, if there is a "Factory installed delay box," it has been kept well hidden from me!
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 12:30 PM   #19
SSDiv6
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Glendale, Arizona
Posts: 2,389
Likes: 335
Liked 608 Times in 215 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrone View Post
MSD grid system .race park. System
Can I ask why this is ok in stock or super stock?
Can of worms. I donít own one.
But it does have timing adjustment ...traction control?
and I believe GPS.
Or something to the effect of plotting your run down the track
On a no computer car easy to check.
Late model 2008 or newer car.
Needle in a haystack
Oh yes people are cheating in plain site. But itís ok
MSD. Motec. Racepak. If you one of these
James,

Yes, you can map the timing on the MSD Grid to each individual cylinder and more.

As DG explained earlier, there are a lot of different ways that you do so, especially with the high end ECU systems and their interface with the MSD Grid and Racepak data.

I did a brief stint as the Chief Engineer of a shop that built racing engines for Trophy Trucks, ATV's, UTV's and also prepared them to off road races.

We used probably every ECU available in the market depending on the customer choice. All I can say is that with the higher end systems like Motec, Entrom, BS3 and Holley, you can basically have the vehicle do whatever you please and do it in a discrete way that tech will not know what is taking place. It also requires the tuner to know what he is doing and have knowledge of the type of racing too. As an example, with the high end Trophy Trucks, we had barometric pressure sensors that would change the tune of the engine almost instantly for higher elevations and change the tune at lower elevations. Of course, the high end Trophy Trucks cost a lot more than a Pro Stock when they are race ready.

I strongly believe this same issue took place in Pro Stock with the advent of EFI and why the dissimilar performance among teams until others started catching up.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 01:02 PM   #20
RPM5595
Member
 
RPM5595's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nashua,Iowa
Posts: 122
Likes: 45
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adger Smith View Post
Does this mean that my wife will have to rename the line on the graph that says NOS "in' and "out" ??
Adger, you being a machinist it would probably be more suitable to change it to "Go" and "No Go"?
__________________
Jay Roeder
www.roedermetalcraft.com
Former N/SA , Soon to be SS/AS
RPM5595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright © Class Racer.com. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.Ad Management plugin by RedTyger