HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-18-2021, 02:10 PM   #1
Bill Rolik

Liked 47 Times in 9 Posts
Default Well, I guess when it is in your blood........

And an opportunity presents itself, it must be seized (Carpe Diem) to get back involved after a LONG absence. So, as the former "chariot" of Haszlauer, Irving, Voigt, Kissner, Stickles, and Chin (after having had their collective "fun") went up for sale on Racing Junk, it now sits squarely in my shop. The process of upgrades in safety, performance, and cosmetics will have a bit of a slow ramp-up (as I continue with the Concours/OEM Gold restoration of my 71 340 Cuda convertible), but is already underway. My version: 76 Aspen 360/269 for SS/LA at a lard-*** total weight of 3667. I started competing initially in 1973 with my Duster, and have enjoyed life-long friends and business associates that were cultivated within the racing community, so I look forward to revisiting that once again. Rock On!

Bill Rolik

1514 SS
Bill Rolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 02:39 PM   #2
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,073 Times in 766 Posts
Default Re: Well, I guess when it is in your blood........

I'm happy to hear your back and I have always liked that Volare.

Please post some photos of your 'Cuda for all to see.

PS; Whatever happened to the 'Cuda of Bill Meerholz?

Last edited by Frank Castros; 02-18-2021 at 02:46 PM.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 03:21 PM   #3
Bill Rolik

Frank,

The body and paint will be the absolute last (and most costly) item to handle on the Cuda, so no photos, other than those on my website when the car was acquired. Click on "Significant Rides" near the top of my home page. Also, there is a another drop-down at the top of the home page for "Vintage Drag Racing". Click on that and see some cool pictures! Check out "Road Trips" too.I am in process of powder coating the appropriate items for the Cuda now and almost done. Misc. sub-assemblies in process. Engine in process by Bill Ceralli. Hydraulic roller. I will extrude hone the intake. .020 factory pistons. Otherwise OEM as produced. Fasteners (a world unto its own when doing any insane anal OE resto) are done. I have almost 100 tote bins of NOS parts which has taken a VERY long time to accumulate. 8 NOS tires. Belts, hoses etc. Everything is properly dated coded. These all-consuming deals are NOT for the faint of heart. LOL.

Meerholz? I see Bill almost every week. We both operate Mopar parts businesses. He does wiper motors and other concours component restorations. His 70 AAR Cuda is top 5 in the world. The Cuda race car (a very solid car which I drove numerous times) was given to his son some time ago with the projected use as a Pro Street car. Unfortunately it has been sitting idle since. With the HP reduction on the 71 340 it is a killer combo.

Bill Rolik

www.billrolikenterprises.com

www.bmcuda.com (Meerholz)

Last edited by Bill Rolik; 02-21-2021 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:08 PM   #4
GTS340

Liked 1,068 Times in 334 Posts

Great car! It took me nearly a year to get the car built from Chrysler because of the gas war in 1979. I thought it had to be an original 360 car, which it is (L code). It arrived at the dealer in August of 1979 with all the new 1980 cars on board. (Transittown I worked there) It ran 14.90's with a lean burn ignition until October of that year when it went into my shop for dismantling. First engine was a Ritter and Weber built engine. Steve McGrath drove it mostly. We were good friends where I was the wrench and he was Mister steady. Very Good times! Even Dan Fletcher drove it once. It did a 330' wheel stand with no burnout. Next run before we went. Bob Lambeck came by and shoe polished the rear bumper. very fun times with the car.

Paul Haszlauer
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 04:34 PM   #5
Bill Rolik

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

I remember the long gas lines in 73 and 79 quite well! Driving down to Budds Creek with (2) 5 gallon jugs of fuel sitting on the front seat of my car hauler next to me. Insane. You would probably end up in jail now for that.

Since I need the weight for LA I must add to the bar to make it a full cage, among other things. Factory seats will be going in for that reason. I am too spoiled driving my 2016 Challenger Scat Pack to spend ANY time sitting in Kirkey seats. Lots of other stuff to do, including keeping this very wheelstand-prone car from going to the moon. All in due time. To borrow a line from Jan and Dean's "Little Old Lady From Pasadena"...

"But Parked In A Rickety Old Garage, Is A Brand New Shiny Red Super Stock Dodge"

I guess I gave away the upcoming color choice. And I hope I remember how to do a proper burnout!

Bill Rolik

SS 1514
Old 02-18-2021, 05:09 PM   #6
GTS340

Funny I'm trying to build a 2013 Challenger now. Mine was a street car and I'm going to hopefully have the 5.7 Hemi street version. Do you have a source or extra window modules? tricky build for a one man operation like myself for sure.

Enjoy yourself,
Paul
Old 02-18-2021, 05:30 PM   #7
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,073 Times in 766 Posts

Say hey to Bill Ceralli for me.
Jimmy Lovallo used to say about guys who did long burnouts, "He's heating up the roof!" I'm sure that first burnout will bring a huge smile to your face.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:36 PM   #8
GTS340

I seen scat Pack and had in my brain Drag Pak. Your probably thinking "what modules" I had the original fender tag for ever but I looked around today. Darn if I can find it now.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:09 PM   #9
Bill Rolik

Paul,

On the module thing, if they have been cancelled by Chyrsler, your only recourse may be a salvage yard, or one of the Challenger-specific sites (Challengertalk.com, Hellcat.org etc.). Post a Parts Wanted ad.

Believe me,I know all about the one-man band thing.

If you find the fender tag, or the broadcast sheet, I will gladly take them!

Bill Rolik
Old 02-19-2021, 01:07 AM   #10
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,792 Times in 571 Posts

Let me know if I can be at any help to you
on your build.

Best of Luck!
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote