HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-12-2021, 09:27 AM   #21
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,430 Times in 1,952 Posts
Default Re: Over Staging

The driver may have a difficult time seeing over the steering wheel.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 01:36 PM   #22
ken robinson

Liked 164 Times in 69 Posts

Just so we are on the same page , over staging = you deep staged by mistake for any reason you are out . And not just a double bulb mistake and you must back out and re-stage . I can't recall the last time I saw it happen but it makes you think twice on taking an extra bump or 2 if you've been alittle on the late side of the tree or a hot greasy track .
ken robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 09:41 PM   #23
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

[QUOTE=GTX JOHN;634186]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS340 View Post
Sounds like to me another way to cheat. Getting a 1320 measurement somehow. I mentioned a long time ago about racing a world champ that only stared at the tach like it was a geiger counter. Burp burp burp right on the dial in a head wind. Jumped out the car and tells his crew "I thought I turned the tire." Nice![/QUOTE

Perhaps not even very long ago?
That is all I will say!
The one Big dollar bracket race in 2020 they stopped all 4 semifinalists in the shutdown area and checked all 4 cars for illegal electronics and did not find anything. Promoter did say was not sure what they were looking for?
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 03:45 PM   #24
GTS340

Liked 1,068 Times in 334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken robinson View Post
Just so we are on the same page , over staging = you deep staged by mistake for any reason you are out . And not just a double bulb mistake and you must back out and re-stage . I can't recall the last time I saw it happen but it makes you think twice on taking an extra bump or 2 if you've been alittle on the late side of the tree or a hot greasy track .
Since NHRA made this rule after Orlando. They seen certain competitors are turning on both lights and backing up just enough to turn out the bottom bulb. They do it in their time runs and in competition every time. There is a reason they are doing it. You would have to ask them why. Same ones that have been doing it years past as well. They need an advantage to win the way I see it..
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 11:23 AM   #25
Signman

Liked 198 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS340 View Post
Since NHRA made this rule after Orlando. They seen certain competitors are turning on both lights and backing up just enough to turn out the bottom bulb. They do it in their time runs and in competition every time. There is a reason they are doing it. You would have to ask them why. Same ones that have been doing it years past as well. They need an advantage to win the way I see it..

NHRA needs to provide a clear definition of "Over Staging".

Drivers that after the burn out put on 2 lights right away then back up to put out the stage light are doing a couple of things.
1. When applying the trans brake the car will move forward slightly it will fully stage without a bump the driver knows he's shallow and in the same spot every time taking out the stage position variable in delay setting and ET prediction. Foot braking if leaving at a high RPM the car will move forward when loading the suspension and brakes.

2. Inexperienced opponents will not be able to control their natural reaction to speed up their routine seeing the pre-stage light on handing the psychological advantage over and possibly making a mistake.

Remember a great ATCO racer many time super pro track champ who never did an over the line burnout with his dragster staging as described. Won a lot of rounds.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:32 PM   #26
GTS340

I don't have a trans brake in my stocker. I've been doing it for 50 yrs with a foot brake. I'm sure NHRA would be glad to answer your question. I've been lucky to win championships in the pro E.T class when I would go on a regular bases. Never had to back out to know where the stage light is. Learn something new every day is a good thing.

Paul Haszlauer
Old 02-16-2021, 01:11 PM   #27
bykr

Liked 167 Times in 81 Posts

Backing out of the stage light or rolling into it, I don't see one being better than the other as far as "knowing where the stage light is". Still has to roll into the stage light after backing out. Seems like more of a mind games thing.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:31 PM   #28
curtis reed

Liked 89 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signman View Post
2. Inexperienced opponents will not be able to control their natural reaction to speed up their routine seeing the pre-stage light on handing the psychological advantage over and possibly making a mistake.

It's true. I have my usual routine of doing a short burnout and rolling all the way into the prestage beam if the tree is ready. I don't do it to hurry anyone but I also don't need 45 seconds like some people do. Some have felt rushed, even some experienced racers.

Heck they can take all the time they need and it won't matter. I just don't need to stop 30' from the line, check belts, mirrors, hair, thumbs up from a crewmember, rev the car 15 times, etc.... LOL
curtis reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 05:03 PM   #29
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,587 Times in 1,281 Posts

Really confused here....NHRA is talking about overstating and the reply’s are backing out of the beams....??
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:42 PM   #30
GTS340

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
Really confused here....NHRA is talking about overstating and the reply’s are backing out of the beams....??
Surely could use a better term than "over staging" possibly. Is staging twice over staging? it doesn't say deep stag. Write on the window I stag multiple times bare with me.