HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-24-2018, 12:15 AM   #1
Casey Miles

Liked 445 Times in 83 Posts
Default National event entties

If you are a racer with a provisional entry, please don't enter a national event until all others have a chance to enter if there is a withdrawal. Again, a national event is full quota at 5 grade points. It sucks that I personally have 4 grade points and can't get into the Virginia race.

Casey Miles
248H 4 points suck stock!
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:33 PM   #2
Casey Miles

Default Re: National event entties

Bump
Old 04-26-2018, 10:56 PM   #3
Bob Smith

Liked 129 Times in 33 Posts

Good reminder. Still don’t understand why they are limiting the racers at the national events or even at divisionals. Casey why would they not allow you to attend 5 divisionals to get those grade points and they make the extra money.
Bob Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:58 AM   #4
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts

Bob,

Unfortunately it's all about TV time. The lower quotas in the sportsman fields guarantees almost (weather permitting) that they will have less then 8 cars left for Sunday so the Pro Portion will run smooth and on time for TV to air it when they said. With allowing grade points 5 or higher it forces peoples hands that want to get the feel of the National Exposure to run more and more Divisional events. Only a few events don't fill up with a 5+ or higher (Denver, maybe Seattle). I said a few years back that in the upcoming years the Nationals will be for the "Professional Sportsman" racers and those who are retired that can travel to 15-20 races per year. At a divisional they will allow as many cars as humanly possible into an event, same payout but, I know at E-Town a few years back (Maybe 2015 or 16) they had 116 cars.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:49 AM   #5
Casey Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Smith View Post
Good reminder. Still don’t understand why they are limiting the racers at the national events or even at divisionals. Casey why would they not allow you to attend 5 divisionals to get those grade points and they make the extra money.
Living in South Florida, I traveled over 2500 miles to get my grade points, in D1 I would have had 10 easily. Live where Nhra can't compete against IHRA, you would find how hard it is to even get 1 grade point. BTW, I live where people vacation, try that on for size.
Casey Miles
248H Stock
Old 04-27-2018, 11:01 AM   #6
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,957 Times in 492 Posts

Judging by the car counts at the divisionals this year (D2) I would expect you'll need 6gp at some nationals next year.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:14 PM   #7
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Miles View Post
Living in South Florida, I traveled over 2500 miles to get my grade points, in D1 I would have had 10 easily. Live where Nhra can't compete against IHRA, you would find how hard it is to even get 1 grade point. BTW, I live where people vacation, try that on for size.
Casey Miles
248H Stock
You aren't alone. The closest 4 tows I can make to divisionals is a little over 2600 miles. One of those is a double, which is nice since I get 5 grade points.

I can't imagine living in some of the more remote areas of D6 or D7.

I do feel for you living in vacation country, where all the OD racers flock to get an early start on their season.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:34 PM   #8
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Smith View Post
When has NHRA put a limit on entries at Divisional races?
Dan
Old 04-27-2018, 12:52 PM   #9
Pistol Pete
VIP Member

Liked 688 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
Bob,

Unfortunately it's all about TV time. The lower quotas in the sportsman fields guarantees almost (weather permitting) that they will have less then 8 cars left for Sunday so the Pro Portion will run smooth and on time for TV to air it when they said. With allowing grade points 5 or higher it forces peoples hands that want to get the feel of the National Exposure to run more and more Divisional events. Only a few events don't fill up with a 5+ or higher (Denver, maybe Seattle). I said a few years back that in the upcoming years the Nationals will be for the "Professional Sportsman" racers and those who are retired that can travel to 15-20 races per year. At a divisional they will allow as many cars as humanly possible into an event, same payout but, I know at E-Town a few years back (Maybe 2015 or 16) they had 116 cars.
Rob
Yes they take as many cars as possible at the Divisional Races, however if you run
in S/SS pretty sure they only take the top 128 qualifiers. If they get more than that
the others Don't get to make the show.
Super Categories they probably run ALL....
Old 04-27-2018, 02:54 PM   #10
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

Pete,
If you buy a tech card and go through tech, you get your grade point. Nothing about qualifying.
Dan