Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #21
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: More classes added to Div 2 LODRS events

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
They are bracket races, same deal as the 6.50 and 7.00 classes already being conducted as part of the bracket programs including divisional ET championships. Again, I bracket race, just think mixing bracket and class races at the Division races diminishes both.

So then all of the .90 classes are bracket classes as well then right? Not trying to be funny here, but what is the difference of a .90 car with all the electronics to run a INDEX or a car without the electronic aids to run a INDEX???? I can tell you real simple, The DRIVER.

I do both, and yes it is tough in either deal, but really there are no major differences other than the no electronics and the new indexes allow the use of N2O.

I can remember a time when N2O was allowed in the super classes, so is this NHRA trying to fix the mess they created by allowing the electronics? who knows what those people think.
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:48 AM   #22
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Pinkston View Post
Freddie;

I'd say the biggest deal of this would be time, I mean time to run all the classes during a decent hour when the track conditions would be safe. I remember back in '04 or '05 at SGMP when there was a rain delay and T/S was getting their qualifying run at 10 o'clock at night. The dew had started to fall and I saw Dave Saul and Edwin Stewart both crash their cars within a short period of time. Question is, just how much more stuff can be added in the given amount of time to run one of these events?

Like some seem to think, this may be the direction NHRA wants to move to at the expense of dropping the traditional classes they already have in place. If I wanted to race the "Unleashed" style of index racing I can do that once a month at Gainesville, only 45 minutes from my house. That's not what I built my car for and not what I want to do.

Hey Dan Moore, you're #1.

RIP Mark Graham
Joe: I agree these events are already under a big time constraint "IF" anything happens. I am not in the loop as to why these changes happen, but have seen for some time, all the divisional races suffering from lack of participation. The addition of T/S, T/D was a huge boost for NHRA, maybe they are looking to see if this will be the next big thing and eventually replace some of the existing classes, like Comp, or the .90 classes. Who knows, but look at it this way if these new index classes bring in even 20 cars per class that is an additional 10k in income to each event. May make up for some of the other classes who are normally suffering.

Maybe if NHRA spent the time and effort to educate the fans on the .90 racing, they would be more accepted, but Im sure in the end you will find it is just easier to replace them with a format that people can understand.... Again this is just my take on it, and not an official word in any way.....
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #23
Maverick

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts

J Matt, I have a question for you. If the 8.5 class was offered at Division 3 races, would you run the 9.90 Super gas class of go for the 8.5 unleashed class?
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #24
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,691 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Verwold View Post
Glad I don't run D2.....................
Coming to a Dx race near you!
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #25
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
Coming to a Dx race near you!
Man I hope not, the snow mobiles are bad enough.

Plus the oil downs from all the NOS equipped cars..but I guess they would be required to run diapers. I do agree about the time restraints seems there's not enough time for what's going on now...
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #26
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

Just got an email back from our D4 Director. He said NO additional classes in D4. He said he hadn't heard about this before. I sent him this link.

http://www.silverdollarraceway.com/

Dan Foley
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #27
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,691 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdr View Post
Just got an email back from our D4 Director. He said NO additional classes in D4. He said he hadn't heard about this before. I sent him this link.

http://www.silverdollarraceway.com/

Dan Foley
Could be that this is a trial run to see if it flies with the racers, D2 has fewer Divisionals, probably no National Opens (strong rumor SGMP will no longer host the after Thanksgiving open) plus our new director's marketing background, racer alignment with IHRA in the Southeast, etc. probably makes it the logical place for NHRA to try it. Whenever the entry fee, purse, and time slots for the Unleashed classes is publicized that will say a lot about how serious they are.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #28
JMatt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
J Matt, I have a question for you. If the 8.5 class was offered at Division 3 races, would you run the 9.90 Super gas class of go for the 8.5 unleashed class?
Tough question. I've run both and I like both. I'd probably stay in 9.90 until I saw the tide turning. Then if the tea leaves say no-electronics really is the replacement, I'd switch over to 8.50 instead.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #29
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: More classes added to Div 2 LODRS events

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1hitter View Post
It's the beginning of the end for .90 racin.
And stock, S/S, and Comp also !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #30
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Westcott View Post
Has anyone confirmed this Rumor ????
looks like D4 all year