Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-25-2021, 08:26 PM   #71
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 825 Times in 267 Posts
Default Re: New AHFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
Jimmy I would hope that our Reps didn't suggest this. But as we know the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Are there more complaints about combo's that are underrated? Not sure if a poll would help. Not long ago there was a poll about not having the AHFS in place for Indy. The poll was overwhelmingly to have Indy without the AHFS in place. Both with current racers and members. Did our Reps look at it? My friend that races Stock suggested to Dave Mohn at the Cecil County Divisional that we at least have Indy every other year without the AHFS. Dave did say if he received enough email about it, he would consider supporting it. My same friend had recently called California about another issue but suggested the same thing about Indy. He said the person was in favor of no AHFS at Indy and that he was into the performance end of Stock. Not sure if it was Lonnie he was talking to.
Barry do you remember at Cecil what Kent Hanley our rep asked in the staging lanes?
Old 12-25-2021, 08:31 PM   #72
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 693 Times in 269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Barry, we're all "playing a game". Do you feel that your combo should still be rated at 375 HP even after admitting that you can build one without using a single "stock" part?
I don't feel like any of my combos should be burdened with an index hit just because I was smart enough to build one. We're all "playing a game". If you don't like "playing a game" in the style that you're "playing" it then please feel free to "play" it the way that I do. Don't admonish me for "playing" it differently than you do.
I've never requested a HP reduction on any of my combos although they have gotten reductions from other Racers requests. I won't "play" that part of the "game". When I start on a combo, I know what I'm getting into and what I have to work with. Did you not do the same?
We're all "playing a game". Some choose to do it differently than others.
Billy Nees
The distributor hold down is about the only "Stock" piece.
Old 12-25-2021, 09:08 PM   #73
B Parker

Liked 2,325 Times in 456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Briglio View Post
Barry do you remember at Cecil what Kent Hanley our rep asked in the staging lanes?
He asked me if we should lower the indexes? Not sure what all answered. I did hear several tell him to leave it alone. Don't think asking racers at one race especially Cecil County is the way to do it. This is not a knock-on Ken but I would rather they send an email to current racers with a questioner about several of the topics currently being talked about. I've never written a letter to anyone from NHRA nor one of our reps. After being involved with Stock for over 45 years I'm overdue. If anyone has the emails for all of the Stock/ Super Stock reps along with Lonnie's could you post them. Thanks Barry

Last edited by B Parker; 12-25-2021 at 09:25 PM.
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 09:23 PM   #74
B Parker

Glen you guys have been around for a long time. Your cars are always fast. And you do a bunch of work for Stockers. What's your thoughts on the new rule? BP
Old 12-25-2021, 10:03 PM   #75
B Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adger Smith View Post
Billy Nees
The distributor hold down is about the only "Stock" piece.
Adger, you are wrong my hold down is an aftermarket one. If you read my post #66 I explained that I wasn't trying to pick on Billy, his car or how he chooses to race. Just making a point about what makes a car underrated. You don't have to be able to run 1 under to have a HP rating that's soft. Also, you could order my car in 1970 from Chevy. My heads and intake are listed in the GM parts book. The carb I use most of the time is a EH 3310 that originally came on a 1966 Chevelle. Thats more than I can say about a lot of the cars now allowed in Stock along with the 60 plus pages of aftermarket parts they let us use. NHRA has not let me make any rules or change what is now allowed in Stock. If they let you rewrite the rules and the allowed parts for Stock just let me know if you make changes to my combo. Until then I'll build my cars according to what is allowed by them. Sorry if your unhappy about it but I'm glad they made changes to keep up with the times. BP
Old 12-25-2021, 11:17 PM   #76
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Quote:
He asked me if we should lower the indexes? Not sure what all answered. I did hear several tell him to leave it alone. Don't think asking racers at one race especially Cecil County is the way to do it. This is not a knock-on Ken but I would rather they send an email to current racers with a questioner about several of the topics currently being talked about. I've never written a letter to anyone from NHRA nor one of our reps. After being involved with Stock for over 45 years I'm overdue. If anyone has the emails for all of the Stock/ Super Stock reps along with Lonnie's could you post them. Thanks Barry
Yes Barry I think everyone currently racing stock and superstock should have a vote on what a proposed rule change might be.
Old 12-25-2021, 11:22 PM   #77
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Quote:
Glen you guys have been around for a long time. Your cars are always fast. And you do a bunch of work for Stockers. What's your thoughts on the new rule? BP
Yes Barry we are old.... lol. I don't think the change is going to effect the smart racers. Would be nice to have one national event to run our cars all out without getting penalized for hard work and time and money.
Old 12-25-2021, 11:40 PM   #78
Angelo DiTocco

Liked 174 Times in 39 Posts

Ken H having to ask us in the lanes at Cecil tells you all you need to know.
They (meaning NHRA.... not our SRAC Reps) were itching to something.... anything.... to be able to say.... to the complainers.... that "something" was done.
Angelo DiTocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 12:11 AM   #79
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 693 Times in 269 Posts

Mr. Parker,

My comment was addressed to Billy and was an inside joke He and I have about my SS combination. It a V-6 combination that can run in 4 SS classes. SS/GM, SS/DS , SS/BX and SS/CX I have set records and even killed an index. My combination has been called everything from bogus to a Queer Car. Yes, the distributor hold down is the only "Stock" piece on my engine. You don't owe me any apology and I sure don't owe you anything since your "battle" wasn't even on my radar. After your comment to me I went back and read all the posts on this thread. I'm not upset about any combination that fits NHRA rules or about their AHFS system and any changes they make. We are playing in The NHRA sandbox and abide by their rules and regulations.
IMHO if you would chill a little your response to my comment to Billy Nees would not have warranted your response to me. Please Get a grip. This is suppose to be a hobby and fun for us and sure isn't something that makes or breaks one's life.
Adger Smith
Old 12-26-2021, 01:19 AM   #80
B Parker

[QUOTE=Adger Smith;654452]Mr. Parker,

My comment was addressed to Billy and was an inside joke He and I have about my SS combination. It a V-6 combination that can run in 4 SS classes. SS/GM, SS/DS , SS/BX and SS/CX I have set records and even killed an index. My combination has been called everything from bogus to a Queer Car. Yes, the distributor hold down is the only "Stock" piece on my engine. You don't owe me any apology and I sure don't owe you anything since your "battle" wasn't even on my radar. After your comment to me I went back and read all the posts on this thread. I'm not upset about any combination that fits NHRA rules or about their AHFS system and any changes they make. We are playing in The NHRA sandbox and abide by their rules and regulations.

IMHO if you would chill a little your response to my comment to Billy Nees would not have warranted your response to me. Please Get a grip. This is suppose to be a hobby and fun for us and sure isn't something that makes or breaks one's life.
Adger Smith[/QUOTE

Adger I do apologize. I thought your comment was directed about my car. I know this is supposed to be fun, but I'm also very passionate about my car and racing. Part of the fun for me has always been to try and make my cars go faster than the others in my class. I have worked hard at it and don't want to see the hard work and money spent wasted because of a rule change. I now race in A/SA which you know is a popular class. If I'm lucky and go some rounds there is a good chance I'll have a heads up run or two at every eliminator. I also like to put a big effort in when we run class at events. This new rule will make it easier to get HP on cars that enjoy the performance side and run a class that is populated with several cars. Like others have said just play the game. A lot of us already do. And I'll have too even more. I was hoping somebody from NHRA would see the number of cars that play the game and have a better solution to the problem. This rule change has made it worse.
Liked