HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #71
mcink

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Cornhusker Raceway Park

I went on an organized "garage tour" today in Omaha, and found these items of interest to this thread, and thought I would share them.

I was never at the Cornhusker, but certainly do like this kind of stuff...

---------------------------------------------
www.tmcperformancephoto.com
mcink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:24 AM   #72
mcink

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I really have never heard of this track, but this poster was hanging on the wall in the same shop that had the Cornhusker stuff...

Old 10-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #73
cad

Liked 72 Times in 40 Posts

The actual tower from Cornhusker is in a private car collection in Lincoln. Looks like you were at MidLife Auto's garage. The shop is tied in with the Nobile, Daly, and Frakes family. Terry Fritsch is still around Omaha.

Last edited by cad; 10-14-2012 at 08:19 AM.
cad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #74
mcink

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yes, these were shot at the Midlife Auto shop...
He/they have quite a collection.

It also appears he likes to drive that '69 Camaro with the LS7, as well.
He came down the street to the shop at about 75 mph, sounded real nice.

I shot a bunch of photos of the cars, but didn't think they fit this forum...

Old 12-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #75
cruiznlow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looking for any information on a 67 camamro that may have run at cornhusker the car is blue in color with custom paint on the sides the car is called capn crunch on the doors the capt crunch cereal guy is painted in blue, he is holding a piston. Also has omaha nebraska air brushed on the fenders. The front end looks like fiberglass tilt with a snorkel hood scoop. A friend of mine has the car and is getting ready to restore it to as raced condition
cruiznlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #76
joe cool

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiznlow View Post
Looking for any information on a 67 camamro that may have run at cornhusker the car is blue in color with custom paint on the sides the car is called capn crunch on the doors the capt crunch cereal guy is painted in blue, he is holding a piston. Also has omaha nebraska air brushed on the fenders. The front end looks like fiberglass tilt with a snorkel hood scoop. A friend of mine has the car and is getting ready to restore it to as raced condition
Not sure if it's the same one but it set in Silver City Iowa behind a body shop for years, Had an early olds rear in it and the front end fit pretty ugly. It had been purchased and moved there by Terry Christensen and he still works at a body shop close to there.
joe cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #77
cruiznlow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe cool View Post
Not sure if it's the same one but it set in Silver City Iowa behind a body shop for years, Had an early olds rear in it and the front end fit pretty ugly. It had been purchased and moved there by Terry Christensen and he still works at a body shop close to there.
The car is now owned by a friend of mine, he is wanting to know if the car ever ran at Cornhusker and does anyone have photos of the car when it was finished. He has the car running and road worthy, now he wants to have the car repainted to look like it did when it was customized. I have a photo of the car, have to resize it so it will fit here, will work on adding the photo tomorrow. Thanks again for any help you can give me on the history of this car

Last edited by cruiznlow; 12-09-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #78
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 464 Times in 175 Posts

Quote:
A dark blue 67 Camaro was raced by Rich Mnarak and Charlie Jacobs. It did have a snorkel hood, but steel fenders and hood. The had a mural on each door but not the one you described. Also, the last I saw it, it had a Dana 60 (mine) in it. They sold the car in 72 or 73 and I don't know where it went. They were both from Omaha and raced at Cornhusker Raceway Park. That car also won the Popular Hot Rodding Nationals. It was E/MP at the time.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #79
joe cool

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
The car is now owned by a friend of mine, he is wanting to know if the car ever ran at Cornhusker and does anyone have photos of the car when it was finished. He has the car running and road worthy, now he wants to have the car repainted to look like it did when it was customized. I have a photo of the car, have to resize it so it will fit here, will work on adding the photo tomorrow. Thanks again for any help you can give me on the history of this car
I do not remember the car at Cornhusker,but it was ran at Scribner when it reopened in 81?.I don't know who it belonged to then or where it came from.
joe cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:08 AM   #80
cruiznlow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe cool View Post
I do not remember the car at Cornhusker,but it was ran at Scribner when it reopened in 81?.I don't know who it belonged to then or where it came from.
Thanks for the info, the new owner has to send me a better photo the one i have will not post on here to wide a photo, if you know of any photos of the car at scribner can you post them here, since the car was built in 1969 there is a good posibility it did run at cornhusker at one time