HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-13-2014, 12:58 PM   #61
Don Sofranko

Liked 111 Times in 28 Posts
Default Re: Tony Stewart-Kevin Ward / Sprint car accident

Well the audio argument has some merit, but this was only the lap after the initial spinout.
In sprint car racing its pretty loud with all cars running. But all the rest of the field reduced to an idle, so its easy to hear the one single rev up. There was no need for any other car to rev at that point, the track wasn't clear yet.

Look at the path Tony was on, compared to where he should or could have been.
I believe Tony knew where the spinout was, no mystery there why the caution.

Just before contact, Ward knew he ran down too far, and started running up the bank.
It appears the wing grabbed Ward, as he was too close to Tony.

Tony will have a hard time defending what happened there.
This incident will likely change racing rules in the future.
Its pretty sad to see a life lost, and both parties are paying a heavy price.
Don Sofranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:00 PM   #62
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

Interesting thread. Posters on here cursing each other out about a post they made!!!!

Now think Kevin Ward and Tony Stewart. Racing all night fighting for position, How many laps were they racing each other before wards accident?

Next think of this scenario, Ward is pissed, gets out of car, runs down to call out Tony Stewart, Tony Stewart sees him and is also pissed for the kid racing him so hard, thinks to himself, I am going to scare the hell out of this kid, hits the throttle and in an Instant, Everything goes wrong.

Kind of sounds like what a prosecutor may say in a trial against Tony Stewart,

They may charge him with involuntary manslaughter, not murder because it was not premeditated. Then let the jury view all of the evidence and decide.
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #63
Lou Jeffery

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I commented on this thread a few pages back and was attacked by a few angry persons with seriously closed minds.
I was not there and I have never driven a sprint car. I did continuously here comments about how stupid Kevin Ward was and how OUT OF THE ORDINARY his actions were. My comments were made because in my opinion tony stewart is a raving loose cannon ready to go off at any time.
In my opinion the facts are like this. lets call Kevin Ward racer A and tony stewart racer B.
1. Racer A and B were racing sprint cars competitively.
2. Racer A crashed and believed racer B was the cause.
3. Racer A left his crashed vehicle to confront racer B.
4. Racer B with his endless experience did, for what ever reason run over and kill Racer A.
This is a small amount of THE facts! I am sorry if I offended ANYONE, it was not my intention. Louis Jeffery
Lou Jeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #64
FINESPLINE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Had Ward not gotten out of his car while the race was still on he would be still alive. That is the bottom line. After he stepped out of the car ,whatever happened next can only be blamed on his poor judgement. Kevin Ward is responsible for his own demise. I am not a fan nor friend of neither. People die everyday in this world through acts of poor judgement. You would think a race driver would have more common sense then to step out onto the track while there are vehicles moving. Common sense or lack of it does come into play here and Kevin Ward for whatever reason made a very bad decision that cost him his life.
FINESPLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:39 PM   #65
Tom Meyer

Liked 303 Times in 106 Posts

Wards actions put himself and others on the track in dangers way and payed the price right or wrong. It is time to let this thread go away it has nothing to do with us other than arguments and should be put down in the lounge. What ever happens will cost us all in motorsports with more rules and insurance that some smaller track will not survive. Tom

Last edited by Tom Meyer; 08-13-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Tom Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:00 PM   #66
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts

Anybody see the new video? The one where it looks like he was trying to jump up and grab the wing?
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:37 PM   #67
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Petrie E395 View Post
Anybody see the new video? The one where it looks like he was trying to jump up and grab the wing?
Post the link -
Old 08-13-2014, 07:41 PM   #68
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,124 Times in 296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Jeffery View Post
I commented on this thread a few pages back and was attacked by a few angry persons with seriously closed minds.
I was not there and I have never driven a sprint car. I did continuously here comments about how stupid Kevin Ward was and how OUT OF THE ORDINARY his actions were. My comments were made because in my opinion tony stewart is a raving loose cannon ready to go off at any time.
In my opinion the facts are like this. lets call Kevin Ward racer A and tony stewart racer B.
1. Racer A and B were racing sprint cars competitively.
2. Racer A crashed and believed racer B was the cause.
3. Racer A left his crashed vehicle to confront racer B.
4. Racer B with his endless experience did, for what ever reason run over and kill Racer A.
This is a small amount of THE facts! I am sorry if I offended ANYONE, it was not my intention. Louis Jeffery
No one attacked you personally. They did however reduce your opinion, which you continue to vehemently claim is fact, to what it really is, baseless opinion, by presenting actual facts.

You, on the other hand, continue to label anyone who does not dislike Tony Stewart as much as you do, and does not agree with you that Tony Stewart is solely responsible for Kevin Ward's death, as close minded and angry. So, in fact, the person who is making personal attacks here is you.

Your opinion, and the actual facts, as presented by those doing an actual investigation of the facts, do not agree, at all. You failed to post anything factual. In fact, you admit you were not there, and then admit you have zero experience with that form of racing to draw upon in order to form any informed and fact based opinion.

What you did post is your opinion of Tony Stewart, which made it obvious that you have a serious bias against Tony Stewart, which you continue to display prominently in this latest post. And you claim your opinion of Tony Stewart amounts to a factual conclusion that he willingly and intentionally killed Kevin Ward.

You are not offending anyone. But several are amused and somewhat annoyed by you stomping your feet and demanding people accept your opinion as fact. But then, you're not sorry about anything, either.

Found this a few minutes ago. It happens to be from a fellow sprint car racer who was a friend of Kevin Ward, and who was on the track, just 4 cars behind the incident:

Sprint car driver Cory Sparks has come forward with his side of the story, telling about the angle he witnessed of the event. "From what I saw, Tony did everything in his power to turn down away from Kevin to avoid him," he was quoted in the story. "People say that they heard the engine rev up and he gassed it. In a spring car, the only way to steer is you steer with the rear wheels as much as you do the steering wheel. In my opinion, what he did was he gassed it to turn down away from him."

So, there we have the opinion of a sprint car racer, who was there, and who was a friend of Kevin Ward.

Last edited by Alan Roehrich; 08-13-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Alan Roehrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #69
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOverFist View Post
Post the link -

Search Youtube for this. I have no idea how to "Post a link" LOL
[HotNews] Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward grabs wing and is not "sucked under" (Graphic)
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #70
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,124 Times in 296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOverFist View Post
Post the link -
Just like the first video, this is graphic.

I'm not sure it is real conclusive. It is hard to tell for sure, the video is not real good. It does appear that you can see Kevin Ward between the wing and the right rear tire, not on the ground. However, for me, it is not possible to see if he is upright or inverted.