HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-29-2008, 10:37 AM   #61
Stewart Way

Liked 70 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: Older Superstock GT cars with scoops

Dick
The 68 AH car has been running for months as a SS/GT car so that should answer your question. James Hale has his running as a SSGT/EA. Yes, with all the "trick" parts. Even been pictured on this site thru a link.

Dave
What are you refering to as a 68 Cuda GT? Don't remember that one . All I remember is the Barracuda, the Formula S Barracuda and the Race Hemi.
Stewart Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:38 AM   #62
David Ley

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to David Ley

Stewart and Dick,
I was refering to the figures in post# 56 in this thread . I meant the S model but have no idea why I typed GT. I am reserving any more answers on this matter as the very subject here is being discussed within . This situation has caused a few questions for us " Tech Inspectors" that need to be addressed after the holidays.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:29 PM   #63
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

A couple if items in this discussion. A 68 Cuda with a 70 383/300 in GT/E (10.00 lbs per hp) or a 70 Cuda in SS/IA with same motor 10.00 lbs per hp. The 70 runs SS/IA Index 11.00 The 68 runs GT/EA Index 10.95. Now class let us observe the same two cars, but with a 440/356 motor. The 70 runs SS/HA Index 10.90 and the 68 runs GT/DA Index 10.80 index. Any penalty is already applied for a better body (???) in GT as was the original intent. I think there was a .05 +/- in the original caluclations years ago. The original intent was to compensate for 'slicker' bodies. The addition of the older cars just makes the class more versatile. I knew I was running a penalty when I started the process. But before I spent a dime, I checked with Div 4 Tech to make sure the car was ok for SS GT. And as for some SS/AH guys bailing out, I'm sure that will happen. Mother Chrysler has more on her mind now than Hemi Shoot Outs. I don't know if anyone works at MP anymore. If they pull, that will certainly hurt the shoot outs. As for us we will probably have one shoot out car this year, one bracket car, and a backup. I don't know if we will try 3 in the shootouts this year, but then again it is early.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #64
Crew Chief

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Welcome to the new class race fans.........SUPERGAS/GT
Crew Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #65
Stewart Way

Just observing
Question on which car weight should be used for the AH/GT car we have been discussing. You say you have to use the heaviest car weight that came with a V8 with the same body style, ie fastback Cuda. The rule book on page 124 states "Shipping weight will be determined by using the power to weight factor of the vehicle with the heaviest gasoline engine". Doesn't say heaviest car, but heaviest engine. Wouldn't that be the Hemi.
Sure hope NHRA doesn't change their minds again. Last car I started building was a 68 Cuda for SS/B and they removed them from SS/B before I was 1/2 done. Thats about where I am now so I guess its time for another rule change.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:34 PM   #66
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: Older Superstock GT cars with scoops

If your building a clone of the 68 race Hemi Cuda or Dart with all of the light weight components(ie Glass front end and hood, etc.) use that shipping wt to figure your class. Whats so hard about that? Its 3020 as Dave Ley said. IF it is a regular big block 'Cuda then use the shipping wt. of the all steel car with a big block.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 12-29-2008 at 07:36 PM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #67
Stewart Way

I agree, I just hope thats the verdict out of California.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:50 PM   #68
Just Observing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Way View Post
Just observing
Question on which car weight should be used for the AH/GT car we have been discussing. You say you have to use the heaviest car weight that came with a V8 with the same body style, ie fastback Cuda. The rule book on page 124 states "Shipping weight will be determined by using the power to weight factor of the vehicle with the heaviest gasoline engine". Doesn't say heaviest car, but heaviest engine. Wouldn't that be the Hemi.
Sure hope NHRA doesn't change their minds again. Last car I started building was a 68 Cuda for SS/B and they removed them from SS/B before I was 1/2 done. Thats about where I am now so I guess its time for another rule change.
Thats a good point. It will be interesting to see what Tech says!
Just Observing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:55 PM   #69
Just Observing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
If your building a clone of the 68 race Hemi Cuda or Dart with all of the light weight components(ie Glass front end and hood, etc.) use that shipping wt to figure your class. Whats so hard about that? Its 3020 as Dave Ley said. IF it is a regular big block 'Cuda then use the shipping wt. of the all steel car with a big block.
I wish it was that easy. This is NHRA after all !! LOL

I know if you were going to run a SB in a 68 camaro in GT you have to use the Big Block (Heaviest) shipping weight to figure class.
Just Observing is offline   Reply With Quote