HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-02-2018, 06:35 PM   #61
Coleydog

Liked 49 Times in 34 Posts
Default Re: Why is NASCAR Dying ? Video !

"Maybe you should go to the "Friday Nite Drags" sometime and see what's really going on. Maybe show a little interest in a kid (that's not yours) and offer him a little advice and help."

Been going to races for over 50 years and love the Friday nite grudge races, I have helped more racers than I can count with every aspect of a car. Maybe "hate" was a little harsh, I just prefer the sound of a V8. My wife being a retired high school teacher (44 years) I been around enough "kids" through the years to know where they're coming from.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:55 PM   #62
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 181 Times in 111 Posts

The KIDS like we were decades ago bought what they could and race it.
Today many of the cars they are interested in are not USA metal.

You can ignore this new generation all you want..
Call them names or ricers or what ever.
They will migrate to the Venues that will Invite them.

Next 10 years will be a dramatic change in S/SS.
You can already see the passing of friends on Class Racer.

We rent this planet...how we leave it for others is our responsibility...!
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:10 PM   #63
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,721 Times in 1,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
M.J., as much as I would like to take credit for/deny even knowing Michael, it was his Dad, Stephen, who taught Michael the ropes. And he did a much better job than I ever could have.
Oh, my sincere apologies....the problem with turning 60 years old is you start getting things mixed up....It was BUFFDADDY that you mentored with the sunbird... just had the wrong Michael....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:28 PM   #64
Wisman Racing

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhramnl View Post
Let's not forget the reality that recent generations (for example, the much-discussed millennials) have almost no interest in cars, and therefore, no interest in car racing. There is a small minority of young people who still follow, and to some degree participate in, motorsports, but the vast majority of young adults seem much more involved with saving the planet, helping illegals into America, savaging Conservatives, tearing down American corporations and infrastructure, revising American history, talking about global climate change and telling everyone else how to live. They Uber from one public demonstration to another.
This blame the millennials act is getting old. As a said millennial that loves super stock racing, let me defend my generation.
I don't see how what is proested today is all that different from what was protested in the sixties. And if you can't grasp global warming, I have zero intention of educating you.
And yes, it's not a car culture. But that fad was already dying before we started getting adisposable income. But I don't hear generation x getting the blame. The unsustainable model you complain about happened on the baby boomer watch, not ours. Motorsports used to be at the cutting edge of technology. Driving innovation into the auto sector. Now technology has left drag racing in the dust. We are spending tens of thousands of dollars at trying to refine 19th century technology. Do you think that much time and effort went into steam drive technology in the 1930's? I am going to see s/ss as we know die in my life time. I don't know how to fix it, but I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can.

Side note. I would be interested in seeing how fast Allen Johnson could make a vehicle go down the track. No rules, no limitations, probably no driver, just how fast is possible.
Wisman Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:48 PM   #65
Coleydog

Liked 49 Times in 34 Posts

Agree with most of what you said but Global warming by humans is a made up lie, thought I should point that out.
Look up Pat Michaels

Last edited by Coleydog; 12-04-2018 at 03:50 PM.
Coleydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:23 PM   #66
Carl Juliano

Liked 63 Times in 23 Posts

NASCAR lost me when they allowed Toyota to come in. The Playoff format sucks. I am a fan of the traditional points race, where "consistency" counts, not just wins.
I cant believe NHRA followed up with the stupid "Countdown Playoff" I don't watch any NHRA Pro classes, hardly any full side by side passes by the nitro cars, watching 16 Camaros race in P/S is not exciting to me (and Im a Chevy guy who races a Camaro). And the Bikes are not my cup of tea. That's just my opinion.....lol

Last edited by Carl Juliano; 12-04-2018 at 10:12 PM.
Carl Juliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:38 PM   #67
rocketolds400

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisman Racing View Post
This blame the millennials act is getting old. As a said millennial that loves super stock racing, let me defend my generation.
I don't see how what is proested today is all that different from what was protested in the sixties. And if you can't grasp global warming, I have zero intention of educating you.
And yes, it's not a car culture. But that fad was already dying before we started getting adisposable income. But I don't hear generation x getting the blame. The unsustainable model you complain about happened on the baby boomer watch, not ours. Motorsports used to be at the cutting edge of technology. Driving innovation into the auto sector. Now technology has left drag racing in the dust. We are spending tens of thousands of dollars at trying to refine 19th century technology. Do you think that much time and effort went into steam drive technology in the 1930's? I am going to see s/ss as we know die in my life time. I don't know how to fix it, but I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can.

Well said.
rocketolds400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-04-2018, 08:51 PM   #68
freddie tyson

Liked 59 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketolds400 View Post
Well said.
When Nascar allowed Toyota in that started it, along with the death of Dale Earnhardt, but NHRA needs to put more emphasis on the SPORTSMAN racer, he is the backbone of the sport, people are tired of the JOHN FORCE interviews , even when he loses he gets too much airtime,the PROS get 4 time trials, while the Sportsman is lucky to get 2 runs down the track. The Stock/Superstock racer makes the field for all divisional and National events, yet they get the worse pit areas and are treated like the RED HEADED STEP CHILDREN....
If they did not show up for a National Event, what would TV do? another loud interview with a millionaire ? Get back to the grass roots racer , the man who trashes his combo weekly to get the best out of it, so he can compete on a National level, give him some real TV time and cover more than the final round,,,
freddie tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-04-2018, 10:38 PM   #69
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,093 Times in 286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleydog View Post
Agree with most of what you said but Global warming by humans is a made up lie, thought I should point that out.
Look up Pat Michaels

Exactly. I have a lot of difficulty having any respect for the intelligence of anyone who falls for that scam.

The planet has been warming and cooling for millions of years. In my lifetime, we've been told that we'll all freeze to death, and that we'll all melt in the sun. Literally, in the seventies, they were warning us of the coming ice age. It's ludicrous.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:45 PM   #70
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,093 Times in 286 Posts

NASCAR started dying when they decided to start letting manufacturers run cars that did not fit the rules, and alter the bodies dramatically to fit. It started with the GM G bodies fitting the rules in the eighties, but the Thunderbird didn't, so NASCAR let Ford run it anyway. Then the next thing you know, there were stupid looking ugly 4 door front wheel drive "cars" out there. So the cars no longer looked like the cars fans drove or wanted. Once you begin perverting something like that, it's the beginning of the end. Funny Car is the only exception.