HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-23-2011, 02:08 AM   #641
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 674 Times in 122 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Red face Re: worst red light debate, again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mulry View Post
Originally Posted by Jim Wahl
Hey Bill, you better head on over to the ER. Your forehead must be bleeding badly by now! Jim

Use 'worse' if you're comparing two things: "I think eggplant is worse than squash, but that's just my opinion."

Use 'worst' if you're comparing multiple things: "I disagree. Eggplant and boiled cabbage are both vile, but squash is the worst!"

Since you guys don't have a clue................

The policy that you are attempting to correct is the policy known as "First or Worst" not first or worse.....

If you didn't understand the content of my prior sentence, feel free to make all of the grammatical corrections that you like....

I think I will sign off with...

Have a nice day....

Bob

PS.

I can't say what I want to say because it will get me tossed off of this forum...

Watch out Bob! I think Ed O'Brien stole your computer! Wow, were you an English major! No? It shows. Maybe you should look up the definition of worse/ worst first before you call us clueless.
Have a nice day! Clueless Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.

Last edited by Jim Wahl; 05-23-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #642
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr
Default Re: worst red light debate, again!

This will help (maybe). Copy this, and send it in to anyone who will listen to you. (BTW, I won't be sending it, for three reasons).

Dear NHRA (and/or IHRA), and officials whom it may concern.

I, __________________, would like to bring to your attention the unfairness of the current red-light system in handicapped racing. THis includes bracket racing, Jr Dragsters, Top Dragster, Top Sportsman, Competition, Super Stock, and Stock Eliminators in NHRA Full Throttle and Lucas Oil drag racing events (if sent to IHRA, subsititute applicable classes). Many years ago, the break-out rule, in dial-in racing, was changed to disqualify the worst offender. I believe the redlight rule should be ammended to be the same. The worse of the two redlights should be DQ'd, not the first car doing it. Example:

Car A, dialed in at 10.00, has a -.002 redlight
Car B, dialed in at 9.50, has a -.005 redlight

In the current format, car A is out, because he fouled first. And car B, despite a worse foul, is the winner.

In all fairness, car A in my example should win, because his light was actually better (closer to .000), provided they did not cross the centerline, fail fuel check or scales, etc.

I would like you to take this under consideration in the future, to make it fair(er) for ALL cars, not just the second car to leave in a handicapped race.

Thank you for your time.

_________________ Name
_________________ Class/Car number
_________________ NHRA Membership number (or IHRA, if you submit this to them

You may feel free to add your own comments in your letter sent to the powers that be. So this way, you can stop posting here, get a posse together, and try to get this unfair rule changed. You're welcome.

Last edited by Mike Carr; 05-23-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #643
Joe DeMarzo

Liked 114 Times in 9 Posts

Mike "Buff Daddy", my man. Hope all is well and you are feeling better.

Could you be kind enough to draft a similiar letter for us guys who think the rule is ok the way it is.

I know you are an intelligent person who writes well and is objective so the yang of this yin should be able to voice their opinion as eloquently to the powers that are or is it be (?).

Maybe it is Jimmy Powers', nah.

Your the best, hope to see you soon somewhere.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #644
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

Hey Joe. All is well here. I guess I could work on a letter like you suggested, but since I'm fairly certain nothing will ever change, I don't think it's needed (it's been the same for, what, 40+ years now?).

I won't be at any D-1 races, but if you fancy a journey to Hagerstown MD in November, we're doing a $2,000 to win S/SS race November 5-6. Bring the Zoo Crew and everyone else, it's always a great way to end the season in the Northeast.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #645
Joe DeMarzo

Mike, I agree it will not change and not sure it should or should not. I like leaving on the fast cars with a clear tree and their chance of spinning or red lighting. The slower cars are harder because of the big head start they get and having to wait.

I could careless about the redights rule cause I focus on my own deal, it has worked for many years now. I am having fun and enjoy racing every chance I get because some day this is will be all gone.

But... I am ok with reasonable disagreements including this one, some are very entertaining as long as they don't get nasty, silly or as Sherry Lewis say" goes on and on and on and on......maybe we should revisit deep staging, lol

I may venture out to Hagerstown at year end, I am trying to visit a new track a year and have never been there.

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Stay well.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #646
Joe DeMarzo

Wink Re: worst red light debate, again!

As you can see I took my meds today......
Old 05-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #647
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Joe, you sound awfully sane. This may be the wrong thread for you. LMAO!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #648
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wahl View Post
I think what Bill is saying is that the system might be "working" now but it could work just a little bit better for "all", not just the last car to leave. It comes as no surprise to me that the majority of the people opposed to Bill's thoughts are the ones with the faster cars who would have a perceived advantage taken away from them. The notion that you have no say if you are a "non-racing member" is just plain dumb. If that were the case Ed, you would actually be in that category as according to the stats you haven't made a single race this year. Pretty dumb reason isn't it? Just as dumb as most of the reasons disagreeing with Bill's posts. I think Jeff came the closest to giving a viable reason of just about anyone here when he said he built a car to take advantage of an unfair situation that this rule change would negate but that still doesn't hold water with me.

The "worse red light" rule would hurt no one. It would even the playing field for 99.9 % of the non heads up races today! The technology exists to do this today, it did not in the past. It should be changed. It would make the rules of NHRA and IHRA if nothing else, consistent. Aren't we all looking for consistency? Jim

Just my opinion. I am entitled to it since I have been class racing for 45 years now. Right Ed? Please send me your phone number so I can call you and get tips on how to improve my starting line abilities!

You're right,I haven't been out yet.I'll be at Englishtown in two weeks and what ever race after that I can get the money to attend.Since I started in Stock (1999) except for 2006 and this year,I haven't had less than a 6 grade points (most years 8-9).
As far as improving your starting line skills,if you haven't gotten it down in 45 years,divine
intervention couldn't help you.So I guess the red light rule change would be a moot point for you.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #649
Bob Bender
VIP Member

Liked 373 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe DeMarzo View Post
As you can see I took my meds today......
Yo BRO, Im so happy ur back on the meds...........
Old 05-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #650
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Bill, your a tad slow if you don't get that most don't agree with you, or even care. Do you have any idea how many are laughing at your little crusade? Just keep asking your repetitive little questions. You don't like the answers you get, so you just keep asking them. Over , and over, and over, and over........
I don't owe you a response every time you put up a 47 paragraph post. Get over yourself. Once more, simply posting on Internet message boards won't change anything.

ED,

Faster cars have been enjoying a "hand out" since 1963 (the FREE RIDE if their competitor "bulbs.")

If that isn't a "hand out," I don't know what is....
Where is your objection to THAT "hand out"?????

That is a question I have never asked you before, and one I'd like to have an answer to. This sort of thing is repetitive because you consistently fail to answer such questions because you HAVE no answer. This current red light rule is what they would say in a court of law, "indefensible." Any defense you could muster would show it to be an unfair rule, brought about as the result of a technical failure (no technology that could deal with it at the time,)
but, that is no longer the case.

So, how about it; since you haven't answered the question (or, any other) before, tell me, why don't you object to the "free ride" the second-to-leave car receives if the first car bulbs???
It won't be repititious because you've never answered it, so you can't use that cop-out as a reason not to answer it.

So, what's your reason????

If you just can't find an answer in your overtaxed brain, tell me this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Ed said:
"I don't need handouts."

Ed, explain to ME (not Jim,) where's the "handout" for a rule that treats EVERYBODY THE SAME, instead of favoring one segment over the other, like it is, now????

You have NEVER told me what there is about a "worse red light rule" that qualifies it for being labeled a "handout."

It's the same for every racer. EVERYBODY gets a chance to red light.

Where's the "handout"??????????

I really would like to know what there is about a rule that's the same for everybody, that compels you to call it a "handout."

Tell me, Jim Wahl, Mark and Mr. Kelley what you think about this, using the word "handout" in a sentence describing how it would affect you, for instance.

Thanks.

Last edited by bill dedman; 05-24-2011 at 12:41 AM.
bill dedman is offline   Reply With Quote