HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #51
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Default Re: Aquasco Speedway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Shannon View Post
Cooksey is retired and like Dwayne said camping in a nice MH pusher with all the slide-outs. (ruffing it) have not seen Debbie for yrs. moved to fredricksburg. Remember the old black mustang the day the steering came out of the column and I wouldnt drive it and you got in held the wheel down and made a pass. Remember a lot of good times with you guys in Va.
Oh come on Dale......Tommy always was retired ! LOL
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #52
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Shannon View Post
That was the first track I ever went too, I think in the early 60's sat at the finish line to watch, loved the 61 ford starliners one was black with Mr. 390 on the door Terry may remember. In the later 60's went there every week with Tommy Cooksey and the Mustangs won a lot I think the payout was like 100$ to win.
Dale
I looked thru some old pictures I had. I dont remember the BLACK 61 Ford with "Mr. 390" on the door. Just the dark blue 401 HP Star Liner with "Thunder Road" on it. CRS I guess. I was away on an all expense vacation provided by uncle sam in 1966-1969.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:59 AM   #53
BadBanana

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, Dan Lattimore, glad to see you're still out there and kickin'.
I only raced at Aquasco one time, and it was the fastest I ever went with the SS/GTA car. Used to like to go to 75-80 with Joe Clark when I had the SS/EA and we would both test because of the good traction - but Aquasco's bite seemed even better. I have been moving around a lot - spent the last 7 years in Central Florida and now I'm in the Raleigh, NC area near my son and grandson, and playing with my Harley-Davidson.
Dave Colbert
BadBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #54
Dan Lattimore

Liked 158 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBanana View Post
Hey, Dan Lattimore, glad to see you're still out there and kickin'.
I only raced at Aquasco one time, and it was the fastest I ever went with the SS/GTA car. Used to like to go to 75-80 with Joe Clark when I had the SS/EA and we would both test because of the good traction - but Aquasco's bite seemed even better. I have been moving around a lot - spent the last 7 years in Central Florida and now I'm in the Raleigh, NC area near my son and grandson, and playing with my Harley-Davidson.
Dave Colbert
Hey Dave, Glad to see you're still above ground yourself. Lots of fun back then. Joe, Cupp, Bagley and myself still get together during the year and rent MIR often. It feels like old times wearing our stuff and pickin on each other. Cupp and Bagley are in Gainsville and I heard yesterday they ran into each other in the pits. My God can you believe it ! ! I'm trying to get my Pop's permit away from him but he's 87 for heaven's sake !! ---------Danny
Old 03-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #55
BadBanana

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Haven't heard from or seen Bagley since I left Fredericksburg - maybe one time shortly afterward when he was at the Marina in Occoquan (spelling ??).
My last race was the Gators in 1990 - seems like yesterday. Went to watch the Gators twice in last last few years and was really disappointed in the Stock and Super Stock classes. Many classes without representation and very few classes with any number of cars in it. That used to be the best part - winning class- from there (Eliminator) it was just like a bracket race.
BadBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #56
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

Here's a link with some photos taken at 'Aquasco Speedway'...maybe someone here will remember some of them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5734365...588938/detail/
Hemi Moose is offline   Reply With Quote