HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-20-2007, 10:26 PM   #51
Monte Howard

Liked 49 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: What to expect

Jack I am not whining,I am saying right is right and wrong is wrong.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:22 PM   #52
RIBEIRO RACING

Thumbs up Re: What to expect

Mike Mayhew,

Very good post and I agree with you,its only the tip of the iceberg....NHRA, will come up with a final count and that's it...I still think its less than 25% using 2 steps and the total vote will tell the real picture, not these special worded polls... Time will tell, too bad for button sales ??

Dave Casey,

You are right on and polls can say what ever you want them to say... They are just something to talk about, its the NHRA poll that will count the most...So we can discuss and argue all we want but NHRA has all the cards... There are many more people against buttons than you think, they just aren't saying it out loud...... 2008 will be an interesting year......

Dave...1033/stock(RV-455)
Old 09-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #53
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,191 Times in 311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Howard View Post
O.K Alan Roeherich,67 camaro/glide against a LT-1,still not right,I thought the LS-1 could run the 10 lb weight break,when the fi cars were with carb. cars LS-1 could run E or F/SA,I wasnt sure if and or how much HP they have recieved since then.my 67camaro 295/350 runs in E/SA so all LT-1 cars in C/FIA will be heads up with me do you feel thats is fair?
We have to run plenty of cars that are poorly factored, and have plenty of advantages over us.The LT-1 cars that will run in A/B are faster than we are, at least some of them are. I guess we'll just have to get busy and make some HP over the winter. I always heard that's why they called it racing, and why everyone didn't do it. NOTHING they do is going to satisfy
EVERYONE. That's just how things work out. There are several combinations we have to race that probably should carry more weight. It's always been that way, there will ALWAYS be faster cars in EVERY class.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:51 PM   #54
burton5809

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Question Re: What to expect

Question for all you people not liking the dropping of the index by 2 tenths.....When was the last time this was done? Im guessing its been a long long time and technology and equipment has got a lot better since then.
burton5809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:45 AM   #55
greg fulk
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Wink Re: What to expect

I agree with Mayhew...... I think the no button deal will change things more then people think. You'll still need that one lucky round to get by...VERY tough to be ON for 6 or 7 rounds! I just thought of something....of the Div. champs last year how many of them use 2-steps? I know the Div. 3 champ did & the world champ did....how about the rest of the country? (I'm talking NHRA)
Old 09-21-2007, 01:06 AM   #56
JEFF ESSMANN

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs down Re: What to expect

my index has been 11.30 since i started i remember bearly being able to run the index when i started and now several years later and more money than i want to admit. i,m 6 tenths under. over the last year i,ve saved and did some things that hopefuly will get me a couple more. now because of a swipe of the pen i,m right were i was last year. mean while there are a select group that are capeable of running 1 to 1.1 under with more left they have shown this when they had to. all this drop in index has done is given them the saftey factor of not tripping the ahfs. it would of made more since to drop the ahfs to 1 second to correct these under factored cars but as it sits now there will be a group of 10.40 to 10.60 cars and a couple of 10.00-10.10 cars the class is ss/ja the stats dont lie it would be nice to see a poll simply stated drop indexes 2 tenths or leave alone

WEB SITE WITH MY RACECAR
JEFF ESSMANN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:12 AM   #57
burton5809

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Well our division 5 champ last year didnt use a 2-step he foot braked and from the looks of it the odds on favorite to win it this year is a stick car...interesting
burton5809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:41 AM   #58
Beth Denysenko
Live Reporter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Tallent View Post
Dave, The Poll like most Polls can be skewed any way you like, Bottom line is most voted to keep 2-steps the difference is what to do with the buttons.
Agreed.

There are two questions in this poll, and to be fair, to get a true read on what racers think, they should be seperated. Question 1: Should two step be allowed? Yes or No. Question 2: Assuming two steps are allowed, should we allow a button or just pedal activation. Button and pedal allowed or Pedal only.

This is where it started the confusion. There are two questions, but you are allowed to pick only one answer, just making the results very easily read many different ways. And they are not seperated clearly.

Go back to the original question posted on NHRA.com on Sept. 10, 2007. It states:

In July of this year, the NHRA Tech Department stated that it would begin the process of reviewing and considering only selected mechanical-type buttons for use in Super Stock and Comp Eliminator. While NHRA will soon release finalized acceptance parameters for the mechanical buttons, the use of any such buttons in Stock eliminator is now under review.

After NHRA announced its intent to restrict the use of buttons to only selected mechanical types in Super Stock and Comp Eliminator, many Stock category racers have voiced their opinions to do away with the two-step button in Stock completely or permit the use of a two step button activated by the clutch or brake pedal only. Therefore, the NHRA Tech Department is asking current Stock Eliminator racers to submit their opinions on the following issues:

1- Eliminate the use of buttons and two-steps in Stock Eliminator

2- Allow the use of buttons and two-steps as pedal activated only

An approved button would still be permitted in either case for use with NHRA acceptable line-locks only.

Racers are asked to submit their opinions to racerinput@nhra.com.

I can see why there is frustration with the results, some want two steps but pedal only, others don't want them at all, some want the two step with buttons. These questions should have been asked in two parts.

www.moneymakerracing.net

Last edited by Beth Denysenko; 09-21-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Beth Denysenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:07 AM   #59
Ron Ortiz

Liked 260 Times in 88 Posts

WHAT TO EXPECT............................................ .................................................. ...

Two tenths gone, alot of cars gone that were close to their index..................................

Fast cars are still safe and no fear of the AHFS triggers.......................................... ......

Combine classes, less classes, less singles, more one sided heads ups, same crappy payout..........

Tech still has their hands tied, AHFS needs alot of work.............................................. ..................

All this and smaller fields if you have enough grading points............................................ ................

Way to go NHRA

Thank you to all you whinning buttholes that brought this about

Ron Ortiz
U/SA To all you buttholes, I hope you get it there.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:44 AM   #60
Oclk Dlux

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Re: What to expect

I agree with Ortiz & Polhill. Adding two tenths to all the indexes will scare away new recruits and budget minded racers. Not everyone wants to build a rear bumper scraping super fast $50K A, B, or C car. Some can only afford the "slow" cars, so why punish them.

This will sound hypocritical for me to say since I'm ranting here, but I wish NHRA would quit making changes based on what's posted in these forums and polls that only a small percentage participate in.

There, I said it.