HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-22-2010, 01:16 AM   #541
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSLRacing View Post
How much does a modified car hurt the sale value. Would a tubbed car still draw as much as a leaf spring car if it was original?

Anyone know if any of these cars still have the original engine. How would you know if it was. Did Chrysler affix any numbers to the block to correspond with the car it was going in?
That's a question that is really hard to answer. The market for these Hurst cars is very small, as they are not for everyone. What's an original untouched, as raced, car worth???? For the very few people that have them, they can ask just about anything they want, because of the rarity of this kind of car. Will they get it???? The only people that will pay the kind of price these will demand, know the historical significance of them. They are not for the weak of wallet.
What I call a "Pedigree" car, Dick Landy, Ronnie Sox, Arlen Vanke etc also has a very tall pricetag, & these don't seem to be bothered by the amount of work that has been done to them to bring them back.But they must be documented cars. Again, there is a very small market for these as most have landed up included in very expensive private collections.That's where my old Landy 4 spd. Hemi Dart went.
Next is the current legal SS/AH cars. You certainly don't see many of these actively racing anymore but there are a few left. Chuck Commela still races his, & he is the original owner too!! These cars have been modified so extensively to stay competitive in todays ranks, that they are best to be left as they are (in my opinion only). To restore one of these would not be economically feasible.
As far as the rest of them, the variables are just about infinate.It all depends on what you would pay for a certain car that you want.

As far as the original engines in these cars, there is no way of verifying them through serial numbers, because the cars were delivered to Hurst separately from the engines. The only way of varifying an original engine to the body would be through documentation from owners. Yes, as far as I know,there are a few with their original elfunt still in them, but they are few.

Liteweight
Daryl
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:42 AM   #542
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ceasrine View Post
Daryl,
I have my favorite Italian Ristorante' picked out.
And yes, my favorite dish...........GIADA.

I do think I have to research New Jersey and Pennsylvania for possible connections to your car.
There seems to be some lack of representation around ATCO for a Hemi Dart.

M68,
That Ed Miller SS/A car paint scheme is from 1970 and up. The earlier paint scheme SS/B was much nicer, and the car had Cragars all around.
Also, had Stevenson Garage on front fender, and Syracuse Region
Plymouth Dealers on back quarter.

Paul

Paul
The Giada dish might be a little pricey. We'll have to share that one.!!!!!

I never said this was going to be an easy one to find. With the amount of renewed interest these cars have generated in the past few years, you'd think it would be alot easier, but it's not. What is not helping is, that with every year that goes by, the frequency of old racers dying is getting greater, & with that, alot of history & info!!!!

M68
I agree with Paul, I think the Ed Miller car's pix is from the early 70's mostly due from the size of the wheel tire combo. No, I don't believe this is the same car that's in my shop because it's missing the spoiler on the deck lid, & it still has the 68 markers in it.

Dave
No, I haven't looked into the Max Hurley Darts. I am currently on the trail of the "WildFire" Dart as there are similarities that I've found.

Liteweight
Daryl
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:55 AM   #543
mopar68
VIP Member

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ceasrine View Post
Daryl,
I have my favorite Italian Ristorante' picked out.
And yes, my favorite dish...........GIADA.

I do think I have to research New Jersey and Pennsylvania for possible connections to your car.
There seems to be some lack of representation around ATCO for a Hemi Dart.

M68,
That Ed Miller SS/A car paint scheme is from 1970 and up. The earlier paint scheme SS/B was much nicer, and the car had Cragars all around.
Also, had Stevenson Garage on front fender, and Syracuse Region
Plymouth Dealers on back quarter.

Paul
Paul, stop it! You're making me hungry! I don't know what that dish is comprised of but I bet it's delicious!

Paul, Daryl: Regarding Ed's Barracuda, yes, I realize the photo is from the 1970s; I was just wondering if it was the same car.

M68

P.S. Who was the driver of this prototype BO29 Barracuda?

Last edited by mopar68; 09-22-2010 at 07:30 AM.
mopar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:31 AM   #544
mopar68
VIP Member

I know it's not a Hemi A-body but it's just too nice of a pic not to post.

And one more 440-powered Dodge A-Body along with its bigger brother.

M68

Last edited by mopar68; 09-22-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:08 AM   #545
mopar68
VIP Member

Question: what do these two Darts have in common?

M68
Old 09-22-2010, 07:53 AM   #546
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

M68,
I think the photo of the BO-29 Cuda proto-type is from
the AHRA 69' Finals at Tulsa.
Check out the front bumper,,,,it is not on the car.
Car classed in B/MR.
Woodward Garage lettering on rear section, maybe Ted Spehar,
Dick Housey or Ralph Costa?
Check out the rear slicks,, Firestone Drag 500 and Fenton mags,
a possible Arlon Vanke connection.

paul

Last edited by Paul Ceasrine; 09-22-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #547
W J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Paul, Daryl, and others...You guys know that Steve O'Neill is still looking for the whereabouts of his uncle Gene O'Neill's '68 Hemi Dart (Gene's Speed Shop) that was in the Worcester, Mass area and campaigned on the eastern seaboard NHRA tracks and in Canada for only a couple yrs. when new. Steve has found (in Quebec) and restored Gene's earlier '65 Coronet A990 Hemi to flawless original race condition (Flintstone Charger car). Steve would really like to find uncle Gene's Dart.... Anyone? Thanks. WJ
W J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:05 AM   #548
Dennis P Chapman
VIP Member

Liked 52 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar68 View Post
Question: what do these two Darts have in common?

M68
There the same car John bought car from Don.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #549
MattConte

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This thread has just become mind blowing. Thanks to all of you guys for the info and photos of these cars.
The popularity of these cars are growing and growing. It is really taking off in the scale model car community that Davezinn and I come from. largly due to the new Revell model kit of the LO23 Dart. You guys are helping us "Little" car builders out a ton.

My interests in the Mancini/Gratiot Yellow and red Dart are because I have a 1/25th scale project in the works of this car. So I never get too many photos of that car. So thanks for your help on that one.

I do not know if any of you are model car builders. If not. It is not a kids game anymore. Most model car builders, these days, are from their late 30s to early 60s and they are as serious about building these models as you guys are with the real cars.(Us model car builders call that 1:1 scale. LOL)
I have been building a serious business around producing aftermarket model car parts. This thread has been helping me out in the development on new parts for the new Revell 1/25th model car kit of the LO23. So thanks for your openness with your info, photos and this message board to us little car builders.

Daryl
I love the Fat Tire look your car has. Are your rear springs in the stock location or are they in boarded to be in line with the rear subframe?

Matt
MattConte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:31 AM   #550
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Matt,

I know it sounds crazy, but imagine if someone could put all those cars
together from 68' with the original looks, in the scale model.

I wonder what a complete set of the 155 cars or so would be worth??

M68,
On page 47, post #467.
The car in the far lane is the "Deadly Dart" Dart.
Biscayne Dodge, Miami, Florida

The front car,,,? Alan Carroli (SS/B)

pc

Last edited by Paul Ceasrine; 09-22-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote