HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #531
JSLRacing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

How much does a modified car hurt the sale value. Would a tubbed car still draw as much as a leaf spring car if it was original?

Anyone know if any of these cars still have the original engine. How would you know if it was. Did Chrysler affix any numbers to the block to correspond with the car it was going in?
JSLRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #532
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Daryl,
I have my favorite Italian Ristorante' picked out.
And yes, my favorite dish...........GIADA.

I do think I have to research New Jersey and Pennsylvania for possible connections to your car.
There seems to be some lack of representation around ATCO for a Hemi Dart.

M68,
That Ed Miller SS/A car paint scheme is from 1970 and up. The earlier paint scheme SS/B was much nicer, and the car had Cragars all around.
Also, had Stevenson Garage on front fender, and Syracuse Region
Plymouth Dealers on back quarter.

Paul
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #533
davezinn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jason, i think you have asked a very valid question and one that could go both ways in regards to is it worth or more desireable uncut or modified.

an example here is Ken Montgomery's Barracuda, i think that car is most desireable and valuable just the way it is. there are others too like the Red Light Bandit, the Fast Eddie car, even Daryl's that i think are best left as they are.

one car i think that could be better returned back to stock chassis set-up would be the Larry Griffith Dart if the plan is to keep it restored as that car. i liked it when it was all black, but now that it's got the Griffith paint back on it i think it looks weird, Larry didn't race it that way. interestingly though i think the 4-speed Landy car is just fine the way it is even though it's not the way it was when Landy raced it, at least the rear suspension. it still looks "right" where as the Griffith car to me again just looks weird for some reason.

one of the things that has bothered me for years concerning the C.O.P.O. Camaro's is that everyone wants to return those cars back to stock and destroy any history that they had as racecars. those cars in my opinion are the most boring things ever in restored stock condition, as racecars though i think they are very interesting. i could be wrong here but i think the collector market and values ruined what was alot of good historical racecars or those that had extensive racing histories.

Dave

Last edited by davezinn; 09-21-2010 at 03:50 PM.
davezinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #534
FINESPLINE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by davezinn View Post
Jason, i think you have asked a very valid question and one that could go both ways in regards to is it worth or more desireable uncut or modified.

an example here is Ken Montgomery's Barracuda, i think that car is most desireable and valuable just the way it is. there are others too like the Red Light Bandit, the Fast Eddie car, the Bob Lambeck car, even Daryl's that i think are best left as they are.

one car i think that could be better returned back to stock chassis set-up would be the Larry Griffith Dart if the plan is to keep it restored as that car. i liked it when it was all black, but now that it's got the Griffith paint back on it i think it looks weird, Larry didn't race it that way. interestingly though i think the 4-speed Landy car is just fine the way it is even though it's not the way it was when Landy raced it, at least the rear suspension. it still looks "right" where as the Griffith car to me again just looks weird for some reason.

one of the things that has bothered me for years concerning the C.O.P.O. Camaro's is that everyone wants to return those cars back to stock and destroy any history that they had as racecars. those cars in my opinion are the most boring things ever in restored stock condition, as racecars though i think they are very interesting. i could be wrong here but i think the collector market and values ruined what was alot of good historical racecars or those that had extensive racing histories.

Dave
Hi davezinn, If your interested in the 69 COPO camaros restored to their racing heritage------go to google / Vitar camaro Real COPO car restored to its racing days. I know the car well and it came out of Brooklyn, N.Y.
FINESPLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #535
D.Holly

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This thread just gets better and better. Love the old photos.
D.Holly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:49 PM   #536
davezinn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

while looking for the Vitar Camaro i ran across this,

http://www.cars-on-line.com/48138.html

interesting the things you find when you are looking for something else.

Dave
Old 09-21-2010, 04:04 PM   #537
JSLRacing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That tribute car is awesome..just like how I would like one..
JSLRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:36 PM   #538
FINESPLINE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Paul & Daryl, In CARS ON LINE there is a factory 68 Hemi Dart -----Ex Bob Lambeck car restored in Big Lake, Minnesota------asking $315000.--------------John
FINESPLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #539
davezinn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i found both the clone and that car this afternoon, they are listed in different sections?

http://www.carsonline-ads.com/colsit...ostingID=45399

Dave
Old 09-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #540
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

John "Finespline",
They do not show restoration photo's or any other confirmation.
What gives.
It was a first run Feb 1968.
Yes, but who purchased it. And who raced it, before Bob ran it in Pro/Stock.
What SS/B car was it?
pc

Last edited by Paul Ceasrine; 09-21-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote