HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-10-2018, 07:25 PM   #41
Erik Jones

Liked 48 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: COPO Horsepower adjustments

Just to set the record straight "Jones Racing" is not me or my "other" account. Anything I post will have my Name on it.
With that being said no one from the Mountain View team is making claims or stating how fast we are or how fast we will be next year. We are racing a group of very talented guys and in no way are we starting any BS with anyone.
As for the "copo kid" you gave us some really good laughs this weekend ...thanks hahaha.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:05 AM   #42
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 504 Times in 126 Posts

Ken should make people use their real names. Grown men hiding behind a keyboard. Your a joke.
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #43
Gary Tackett

Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

Top of the morning Copo Kid,

I must start with an apology. I didn’t realize was talking with a chapter president of Mensa.

For someone that doesn’t have time to mad and jealous, you sure type like you’re mad and jealous. We both know that my mom taught you better English than your showing us right now. Please tell me you put more thought and preparation into your racing program than the first two posts on Class Racer. If it’s a participation award your looking for because you have a COPO, I think you have chosen the wrong hobby. Lucky enough for you my mom said they have a few openings in her crochet class, where no matter what you work on, everyone at your table agrees yours is the greatest!

So for the record, if I had a combo that got hit such as the one we are talking about, I would be pissed as well. As others have pointed out, it’s not the first time that it has happened, and it won’t be the last. It didn’t have to happen. As you also correctly pointed out, I don’t own a COPO. Couldn’t afford to buy the emblems on the car myself. Be that as it may, you were the one that chose to vomit your thoughts and opinions onto Class Racer without any fact checking, or at the very least counting to ten before you started to type. As you can tell by looking on the left side of your page you can see by the post count, I read more than I post. I’ve often been told you can’t learn as much while talking as you can while listening, perhaps you should try that. While you were at the local Cracker Barrel last night and your buddy’s were all telling you how cool you were for constructing all of that mindless babble, IT DIDN’T CHANGE ANYTHING! I realize you are butt hurt over this deal, but it should be more of the first knuckle variety and not the whole fist.

One more thing before I try and show you the errors of your ways, I have nothing to do with the car. Zero. Nick couldn’t pick me out of a lineup if his last cigar depended on it. So please stop using “I” and “your”, I’m a friend of Erik’s, and he wanted to post however there is very little band width available at the track, but frankly he couldn’t stop laughing at yours.

So I’m going to do a little fact checking, try and follow along. I’m starting with your second post first. I’m not bringing your statements into the post just to make you go back and have to read that mess again.

1. I believe this is covered in the beginning.
2. I don’t know why you would want one. I didn’t offer you a “clapped out piece of junk 70,000 illegal shootout motor”, Erik simply asked me to post that the record setting engine was for sale. Score a point for me, I didn’t know that the shootout motors were 70k. See, I learned something today, and I think I pay attention to the details, I just chose not to look at every train wreck as I drive by it.
3. Still not sure what you’re trying to say there.
4. So your god given name is Copo Kid. Huh.

So let’s cover all of your first post opinions.

1. You are correct, you can paint or wrap a car as you see fit.
2. You are correct again, Car was made to be 7.50 spec legal, it’s a 25.? Cert, I’m sorry but if you have plans and aspirations of going faster than 8:50 you’re going have to upgrade.
3. LAMB brakes, struts and shocks are available to anyone that wants them. Being the highly decorated investigator that you are, I’m sure you know that quite a few of the COPOS and the Mustangs have them. Feel free to give LAMB a call at 909.985.1901. Tell them I sent you.
4. Correct again, upgraded to MW axels.
5. The blower pulley was 3.25” and it was never off the car. I must be missing something because the only obvious thing to me is that the car hauled ***.
6. Don’t know the answer to this, but I’m pretty sure there is more than just four. The motor has never been out of the car, however they do have a dyno mule. They are probably going to need a couple of mules. Jones loves to make noise on the pump. Again I say, no one cares what you believe but you are welcome to keep talking about how this doesn’t make sense. I think everyone including Jones was shocked at the ET ticket
7. Again, 3.25” pulley.
8. Reread your rule book supplements.
9. Whatever stage (?) that it left the factory with.

Judging from this post, there are a lot of things that you need. I would suggest starting with an open mind before you get onto the big ticket items of boost numbers.

The rest of this post is jealousy and speculation. I really wish I had some more time, but I need to get out to the track and help get some cars prepared. If you still think because someone else did what you or others haven’t yet, you have already lost the fight. If you took all of your ire and angst and worked harder on your stuff instead of worrying about what everyone else was doing, you would be ahead of the game. Remember the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. No matter how much you wish your car would be faster, it’s not going to happen on its own. I have found in life that there are always people that are better than me, and occasionally I’ll run into someone that makes me look smart. But hey, as you pointed out, I don’t even own a COPO, so I’m going to let you big boys worry about it.

Of course all this is my opinion, and I could be wrong…..

Pirate

Last edited by Gary Tackett; 11-11-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Gary Tackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:22 PM   #44
copo kid

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I guess a lot of people are missing the whole point here the point is not get hp added or weight or an index changed because of a stupid decision when you don’t need it to happen. But I guess if it happens you just have to deal with it so we will deal with it and understand what kind of people we are dealing with. As far as some of your comments Gary I have a few responses for you. I’m not the chapter president of your company you are. Also you mispelled and forgot a few words in your sentences. Dont need a participation award for anything that you do for fun the awards come in the winners circle. Not to worried about about making changes to my racing program from this because You see not that hard to do when you run the whole thing yourself. You sure did say a lot of mumble jumbo nonsense in your post especially about me being mad or jealous or butt hurt sorry I don’t get that way cuz nothing hurts my feelings can’t hurt them when you don’t have any when you realize what your dealing with. Also you can call me what you want I’ve been called everything you can imagine. some people call me by my name some call me Copo kid and some call me everything else. Doesnt bother me at all sorry. I have to admit I got the rise out of these posts I was expecting and I have had a lot of laughs that’s for sure very entertaining and I’m sure it is for everybody reading them. I’m sure it’s being talked about a lot. Cracker Barrel ? Never heard of such a thing. I listen a lot and dont say much and I’m still learning stuff everyday because I don’t know everything and don’t care to. I dont worry about what anybody else is doing unless it affects what I’m doing then I pay attention. Just like when I mentioned boost numbers well when you have to know your racing operation from start to finish and your a one man team I guess you should probly know your boost numbers and more. You see it’s easy to tell or have an idea of what’s going on then cuz you have to know. some people dont know and don’t understand. After understanding everything and what it takes running an operation yourself you have a pretty good idea of what needs to be done to accomplish what you want to do with what you have to work with. Another thing I don’t need to make my car faster I already accomplished what I need to without any help and I’m still learning more and more everyday. Now with the added weight that was not needed not a big deal so I’m not mad or pissed because I understand what we are dealing with. I can make a few changes and be right back where I was and I get to work with added weight and placing it where I need it to fine tune it some more. Just like grabbing the next tool out of your toolbox. Not to worried about being fastest guy when stock eliminator is dialed in class anyway until you meet up with heads up race. When that time comes we deal with it then no big deal. So when you understand your car inside and out and your combination and what it is capable of and u see numbers that are put up usually you will have a good idea of what it takes to get there. Some people know and some don’t not my problem and don’t care so congrats. But if your gonna make a statement don’t quite where you did because it looks alittle obvious you need to keep going and do it over and over again. After all this time you are trying to say everybody building a motor for the shootout is wasting their time and money when all they had to do was put a tune in their (stock from chevy 100% original motor). If it was me I would just order a couple more and put a tune in them for 1/2 of what the shootout motor cost. I’m sure everybody in fs/xx is gonna laugh at that because a lot of them have tuned their factory stock motor in their car to go as fast as possible and realized they are just gonna build a car for it with everything that is done like that one and build another motor. Just for the record the stock from chevy Copo supercharged motor comes with 3.50 pulley not the 3.25 but you can use the 3.25 pulley in stock because that is legal. Funny all the other stock supercharged copos with 3.25 pulleys couldn’t run those numbers at Vegas instead they were all usually .5 slower or more? I’m sure they had theirs tuned to run as fast they could at that altitude track. I bet all the other copos now will be in the shootout next year to when they put a tune in their stock motor from chevy. can’t wait gonna be interesting year coming up. Fs/xx class is awesome and fun to watch so I will pay attention more and more and hopefully learn something that I’m missing according to some prior posts. But in the meantime I will still work on my changes because of the added weight since I work on it all myself. One last thing I finally decided to join class racer this year instead of reading posts for years and years by not being a member so as you can tell I’m not on here to worry about any other racer in any other class about what’s going on unless it affects my racing operation or class. so I will not post or comment on any other issues or problems or bash anybody about who they are- what their name is -or what they have that’s not me and don’t care. I’m just a racer having fun and enjoy doing what I’m doing not worrying about anybody else.
Not saying anything bad about Nhra but when you have a tech guy argue with a guy in the staging lanes about the cage being expired and it’s still good for 1 more year you have to sit there and wonder if they are actually checking stuff like they should or know what they are looking for according to their rule book that they try and follow just sayin.
copo kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:46 PM   #45
Bruce Fulper

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts

Re: Not saying anything bad about NHRA.....but...at the recent Vegas meet the tech guy walked up to our car and IMMEDIATELY said with an attitude, "You can't run this thing!" Us, "Why?" Him, "Because that's not a legal combination!" Politely we explained it was. He huffed off to the "book" and 30 minutes later brought back an egg, on his face. Making a mistake is understandable. To be rude is unnecessary.
Bruce Fulper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:16 PM   #46
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 352 Times in 92 Posts

Bruce I’m sure it was my division 3 number caused the hassle in tech ... they don’t like foreigners around these parts 😎
Old 11-12-2018, 09:03 AM   #47
Dwight Southerland
VIP Member

Liked 726 Times in 177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Fulper View Post
Re: Not saying anything bad about NHRA.....but...at the recent Vegas meet the tech guy walked up to our car and IMMEDIATELY said with an attitude, "You can't run this thing!" Us, "Why?" Him, "Because that's not a legal combination!" Politely we explained it was. He huffed off to the "book" and 30 minutes later brought back an egg, on his face. Making a mistake is understandable. To be rude is unnecessary.
He obviously has not seen www.classracerinfo.com!