HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-08-2011, 08:40 PM   #41
stefan callender

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: LIVE from Numidia Combo in the Hills $10K!

I have to congratulate Brian, Lee and family, for bring fun back to class racing. They got a pretty good turnout. Besides the weather, everything went smooth and people looked like they were enjoying themselves.
stefan callender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #42
Eric Merryfield

Liked 472 Times in 115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan callender View Post
I have to congratulate Brian, Lee and family, for bring fun back to class racing. They got a pretty good turnout. Besides the weather, everything went smooth and people looked like they were enjoying themselves.
Thank You Lee and Brian and the entire Numidia crew for a very nice experience. ]My first time to Numidia.....its a real nice track....scenery and view of the the track is pretty special...I will go back with the wife ....and I give a 5 star rating to the cheesesteak.

Thanks again Lee and Brian for creating a class racers paradise.

Eric
Old 05-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #43
boostedf22c

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Merryfield View Post
and I give a 5 star rating to the cheesesteak.
I second that. The Chili wasn't bad either.

A very cool track and event. I think I'll drag my car out next year if this event happens again and get drilled by the D1 guys . Then eat, drink beer (work on my tune up as Al Carp says), and watch the rest of the weekend.

Last edited by boostedf22c; 05-08-2011 at 09:06 PM.
boostedf22c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #44
Katie Sepanek

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We also had a great time at this race. Thanks to Lee, Brian, Lisa & Kati for all their hard work making this come together. We thought the turnout was great and the race ran smoothly. Also thanks to the DiMino family, we're very lucky to have Numidia as our home track, it is truely a fantastic facility and always a fun place to race.

Congratulations to Brian and Ray!!!!

Jack & Katie Sepanek
Katie Sepanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #45
SUPER STREET ROB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Worner View Post
Congrats Brian and Ray! Barring the weather, this was a great race! It would've been nice to have some "filler" to give us more time between rounds, but I had a great time anyway! Also, congrats to Brian and Lee! Your first race was a success in my book! I'm already looking forward to the next one!

PS. There was plenty of time today to finish the gambler's race!!! JK.
I was just talking about this persons post this weekend............ hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
SUPER STREET ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #46
SUPER STREET ROB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: LIVE from Numidia Combo in the Hills $10K!

A great job brian and katie and lee and lisa. You all worked hard to make this a great race!!!
SUPER STREET ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #47
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Santangelo View Post
The gamblers race got down to 5 cars friday night before it rained. Money was split between Lincoln Morehead, Mark Faul, Brian Worner, Mike Beard, and myself.. I believe 37 cars ran friday night...
Worth noting that the split at 5 cars was $310. Just goes to show that the more people support combo races, the better it pays. I'll make three laps for $310 every day of the week if you let me! While the main event was huge, just think if you had 100 cars get in the $50 gamblers.... that's a $5,000 purse!

Here's a couple of pics I got with the real camera before the batteries went kaput...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	launch.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	7182   Click image for larger version

Name:	fletcher.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	7183   Click image for larger version

Name:	top_end.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	7184  

Last edited by Michael Beard; 05-09-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: added pics
Michael Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:49 AM   #48
Bryan Worner

Liked 411 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith ohanesian View Post
I think we all knew this was coming from Bryan..

More time between rounds? How much do you need Bryan? You lost first round. It's just non stop with you. These guys went out on a limb to pull this off. They did more than pull it off. They set a new standard for all events.

For me they brought back the feeling of races we all attended years ago. Nothing but fun! Racing non stop. What more can anyone other than Byran ask for.

So thank you to all that helped make this happen!

Oh and the wake up call over the pa... I just shook my head. Numidia is one of the best..

On a side note: Michael Iacono was the first car in the lanes this morning for first round. There are pictures to prove it!!
Typical Keith! Finds a negative in everyone's post! Hey, how much money did you take home from the event? That's what I thought.....as much money as you have wins in your years racing.......NONE! Keep tryin though! And who is Byran???
Bryan Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #49
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 809 Times in 217 Posts

A Few thoughts from Myself about the "Combo in The Hills" First of all it was really cool to see a lot of the "East Coast Hitters "running their cars . I got to meet a lot of Good racers and put a face to their name it was awesome.

Brian and Kati Van Poppel , Lee and Lisa Zane put on one heck of a fun Show for Stock and Super Stock.They paid out the Full Purse even though the car count was not as many as needed a huge "Way To GO" here over $10,000.00 to win and over $4,000.00 runner up was a huge success

They had for Stock and Super Stock in their Own Pits . The pits were great plenty of room and no one to tell you how to park your rig ,hey the racers don't need someone to tell them how to park their rigs .lol

They had a track that had teeth big time I personally only saw two cars spin the whole time and one was that torque monster hemi SS er

The way they ran the eliminations was awesome for Stock and Super Stock.

The track had a separate especially only pits for Stock and Super Stock and the gate was open until 11 o'clock at night , no waiting to get to the pits .
Free test and Tune on Friday heck some cars got as many as 3 to 6 runs cool.

a few Words about the race track Numidia Dragway. the owner s The DiMino Family have to rank up at the top of the "most aware of racers needs "that I have ever seen since Dave Danish at Tucson. he let us in at 11:30 Thursday night and Told Brian and Lee if you need anything let me know. He even was congratulating the final 5 racers in the staging lanes Holy Cow . I watched him also and he was always driving around to make sure Stock and Super Stock Racers were well taken care of . he was genuine concerned about the racer .His track is immaculate the grass in the pits was groomed , the starting line was great , hey he even prepped the whole track from the start to finish with VHT the good smelly stuff , was great and I just think not diluted cause not many spun .
The concession food was great and it was just like a official restaurant the employees were very friendly , I know I purchased three slushes for TJ My grandson and ate a lot of food cause it was very fresh and tasted great .

the playground was great ok so I was taking care of TJ a lot My choice he is one sharp grandson .

over all I only wish that the other decisions makers for running events and tracks would know how a race can be ran with fun for all,with a great purse very little oil downs and a racer friendly track. The wake up call at 7AM on Sunday was super cool from The PA
more pictures to come later , I just may have to go to Fontana to let the button go at sea level with My Old Pontiac . lol

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 05-10-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Don Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #50
sugar1366

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The race was awsome and Numidia was a beautiful track!
Lisa and I both enjoyed ourselves. Thanks to Brian and Lee for all the effort they put into this. I met both of them for the first time this weekend and the only thing I regret about the weekend is that I didn't get more time to talk to them. Nice people! Brian- Thanks again for the helmet, hopefully I will be able to return the favor one day. Looking forward to attending the next one!

Eddie Bolton
sugar1366 is offline   Reply With Quote