Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #41
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Class Nationals event planning

Great idea.

Run IHRA rules since they are stronger in the East and would add to car count. plus there are a lot of cars that won't fit NHRA and you're going to end up with shoe polish times anyway.

Anywhere is a long way for FL but I would attend Bowling Green or Atlanta or Bristol.

JimR
Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #42
Michael Kilduff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not at all. I think something like this could be HUGE!

I'm planning on being at the CCRA race @ Fayetteville, if you would like I will pass out some cards to the racers directing them to this thread to see what kind of feedback there is.

As for location I think either Columbus or Bowling Green would draw the most cars. Glad to see you want to do this when it isn't super hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
This thread was way back on page 3. Too little interest?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #43
Aaron Allison

Liked 144 Times in 40 Posts

Mike,

Sounds like a great idea!

I would agree that the Columbus racing surface seemed much better this year than it has been in years past. I also agree that it is a very centralized track that should draw a good number of cars. Plus close for you and I.

Having class with a large top heavy pay-out will likely draw the most cars. More chances to race the better.

We will definatley support with a few cars.

-Aaron Allison
Old 12-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #44
Dirk Olson

Liked 128 Times in 34 Posts

I'm with Jeff, I can take off more time from work to help! Bill Cassill, would Earlville be interested in this type of race?
Old 12-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #45
jailbreakracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mike it's great that your working so hard at planning this event. I know some are worried about pay, which is a issue for regular events we attend. Not very many racers are doing this for a living, but when you make the semi's it would be nice to cover more then just your entry fee. Sometimes we racers have to go to a race every now and then just to have fun and come to the realization that money isn't everything. Having a class national ever 5th year should be one that people are willing to support just to keep stock/superstock alive and healthy. An event like this at a track that appreciates racers will make a successfully event especially when the numbers (entry) reflects the pay so no one thinks anyone is getting fat off the racer. I think only one race should be had and made as central in the US as possible. Coming from the west myself, I know that even though to make this successful more racers are probably going to be out of Divisions 1,3, or 5. With that knowledge or educated guess I understand why you say Ohio. For us in the western portion of the US I hope you shoot for something near the Mississippi river north of I-70. Topeka I think is about the most central location but the majority of racers are east and north of there.
Good luck and hope to be there myself!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #46
Nitro Joe Jackson
VIP Member

Location: Loudonville, Ohio or where ever the Nitro Lounge is parked
Liked 66 Times in 18 Posts

Here is what we did at Byron, if it wasn't a NHRA class we would use IHRA class, now that the index's and hp setting are a bit different, we might have to sit down and figure it out a little, but i'm figuring we will use IHRA index's for sure. We have plenty of time to figure this part out.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #47
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 504 Times in 126 Posts

This sounds awesome but my budget won't allow me to tow 900 miles for a race(Earlville) But thats my problem. Good luck to everyone who can go.
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:09 AM   #48
69Cobra

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sounds good here... I hope to be home and have our car ready to rumble by then. I would also agree that Div. 3 would be the most ideal location for all. Whether it be C-bus, BG or even Indy. I don't think anyone could argue that these locations would be the best for drawing the most cars.
69Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #49
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts

Before calling for certain locations, consider NHRA's putting roadblocks in using their facilities. I believe a National Event Track as well as any NHRA owned track will face "objections" from Glendora.

Location and tech was impacted to some degree at the first US Class Nationals if my memory serves correct. Maybe things have changed.

I do think it may be possible to use a Divisional track as long as their are no competing NHRA events close by....for example, during the west coast swing, eastern LODRS tracks maybe would face less roadblocks

I think one big draw would be to hold the event when weather conditions are suitable for fast runs that we all would like to see, or participate in. Byron's 100 degree heat was not conducive to performance or participant enjoyment.....although surviving became a badge of honor, and kudos to Red and officials for a constant hook in those conditions
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #50
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Make sure it's not in a dry county. And make sure it's got some kind of river or stream or puddle of water, pond, or something so I can get something to cook. And I can put my pets there too.