Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-12-2024, 01:19 PM   #41
Cuda340

Liked 22 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: NHRA?s reminder for Chillers at INDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory McNeil View Post
Actually, Eddie, this IS a Stock/Super Stock section that you are on! If you care to look at the list of catagories, you will notice that there are actually sections that cater to the .90 and bracket classes that you run in. I am sure that the other racers over there , that would be more interested in your opinions, skills, and "wisdom", than the Stock and Super stock racers, of which you are not, never have been, and likely never will be a part of.
Thank you Rory for pointing this out for the underprivileged, what this post has taught me? Is that more people than I ever thought have reading and comprehension problems,those of you that participated with real life situations like I SIMPLY requested thank you. For those of you that are so needy that you have to give me your option of that I didn?t need to know,no really I didn?t,I couldn?t afford a participation trophy for you cause I?m paying large amounts of taxes do to our last 3 yrs of this regime. Chad

Last edited by Cuda340; 08-12-2024 at 01:24 PM.
Cuda340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 01:39 PM   #42
Stan Weiss

Liked 582 Times in 314 Posts

Since people want to get specific about Stock and Super Stock.

In the NHRA 2024 rule book there is only ONE reference to the word CHILLER and that is in the "General Regulations" Section 21 Page 5.

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 08-12-2024, 02:32 PM   #43
1700camaro

Liked 68 Times in 36 Posts

Seeing some members are more special than others. There needs to be CR rules to segregate the different NHRA classes to prevent cross contamination of thoughts, opinions or any differing opinions in a section they supposedly don't belong in. *NOTE* I'm sure some of the specials will take this seriously!

I primarily bracket race but have run the .90s/Index classes also. My favorite class to watch or learn from is Stock.

IMO, there's no grey area in regard to chillers outside the competitor's pit. I'm sure there's very good reason for the chiller rule & reminder.
1700camaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 08-12-2024, 02:40 PM   #44
Cuda340

Liked 22 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Since people want to get specific about Stock and Super Stock.

In the NHRA 2024 rule book there is only ONE reference to the word CHILLER and that is in the "General Regulations" Section 21 Page 5.

Stan
Well Mr. Weiss, ya got me there,Let me explain this a little.My first National event was in 1975 so I?ve been around a while.Nhra has always allowed us to chill at the back of the staging lanes for yrs and their only request is to not do this in the lanes which I believe we have all been respectful of that and here lies the problem in all fairness to the racers they have allowed it due to parking situations as some of us aren?t so fortunate to park up close or run out of a Pro pit and if you have raced in the last 15 yrs or so the sportsman are getting pushed further and further away from the lanes,so with their notice the other day of the chiller rule I was simply asking if anyone has had any negative encounters of this,so I and many of us know the rule,it ain?t that new,just look what my curiosity started in a simple little post,it got the rule book police all riled up,we have all pushed the rules to the limit it?s just in most people nature,have a good day sir !
Cuda340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 02:54 PM   #45
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,231 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory McNeil View Post
Actually, Eddie, this IS a Stock/Super Stock section that you are on! If you care to look at the list of catagories, you will notice that there are actually sections that cater to the .90 and bracket classes that you run in. I am sure that the other racers over there , that would be more interested in your opinions, skills, and "wisdom", than the Stock and Super stock racers, of which you are not, never have been, and likely never will be a part of.
Statistics of some of Ed's posts by section;
11 .90 Heads Up Class Racing
105 Bracket Racing
769 Stock and Super Stock
837 Stock and Super Stock Tech
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 02:58 PM   #46
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 501 Times in 238 Posts

you're short 135 posts!
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 03:34 PM   #47
Stan Weiss

Liked 582 Times in 314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda340 View Post
Well Mr. Weiss, ya got me there,Let me explain this a little.My first National event was in 1975 so I?ve been around a while.Nhra has always allowed us to chill at the back of the staging lanes for yrs and their only request is to not do this in the lanes which I believe we have all been respectful of that and here lies the problem in all fairness to the racers they have allowed it due to parking situations as some of us aren?t so fortunate to park up close or run out of a Pro pit and if you have raced in the last 15 yrs or so the sportsman are getting pushed further and further away from the lanes,so with their notice the other day of the chiller rule I was simply asking if anyone has had any negative encounters of this,so I and many of us know the rule,it ain?t that new,just look what my curiosity started in a simple little post,it got the rule book police all riled up,we have all pushed the rules to the limit it?s just in most people nature,have a good day sir !

You clearly missed the point of my post.

You have a good day also.

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 08-12-2024, 04:11 PM   #48
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,231 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
you're short 135 posts!
I know Einstein. Unsurprisingly you missed the point of my post.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 08-13-2024, 09:04 AM   #49
Ralph A Powell

Liked 210 Times in 128 Posts

As my Boss at Oldsmobile use to tell when he wanted to change something that we had been doing for a long time. NOTING IS FOREVER!
Ralph A Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2024, 10:47 PM   #50
Joseph Lily

Liked 21 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG7050 View Post
If stock racers followed the rule book exactly as written in black and white most of us would be 2-4 tenths slower. We learn pretty quickly the question is what can I get away with?
And maybe entice some new racers into the classes. Silly me, I thought stock actually meant stock. Lets see, aftermarket lightened block, aftermarket stroked crank, aftermarket rods, pistons with radial gas ported rings, oversize cam core, moved lifter bores, Jesel rockers, aluminum heads, replacement carburetor etc etc etc. Nothing really stock here

You need to go to opens to set records and worry more about lowering the class average to not get hp. And aside from the occasional heads up, its just a shoe polish bracket race. Seems the real winners here are the engine builders

A quick question though, when is breaking the rules not cheating. Integrity is a weird premise sometimes. If I hide my delay box and dont get caught, am I a hero or zero. When is cheating not cheating? asking so I know what to tell my wife
Joseph Lily is offline   Reply With Quote