Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-08-2021, 06:39 PM   #41
L.Fite

Liked 365 Times in 182 Posts
Default Re: Democratic Rule

How did we get to where we are today?

Oh... I don't know...
Prayer in schools?... Nuclear families?...
Nah... we don't do that anymore...

Seems no one knows how to act anymore.
I wonder...
L.Fite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:17 PM   #42
SSGT Mustang

Liked 203 Times in 53 Posts

You don't have to like Trump to be disgusted by what happened to him over the last 5 years. Politics is not a sporting event where you pick a team and for better or worse you defend "your team" despite how the players behave. Politics affects you and your family now and for generations to come.

This isn't a democrat thing or a republican thing. Both parties have shown their true colors. It's a club and we're not in it. They control everything. They control our lives and can and will destroy you if you step out of line.

If you are not frightened by what was done to a well known billionaire who also became President of the United States, then there's no helping you. They destroyed General Flynn and a bunch of others, while the destroyers themselves got pats on the back and probably a boatload of money for being part of the gang.

If you believe that you're informed because you watch or read "news" from the mainstream media then you're really beyond help.

Most people are intellectually lazy. They won't go to the source of information to see what's really going on. Instead, they'll plant themselves in front of the TV and pretend like they know what going on.

Here's an assignment. Go to congress.gov and take a look at any legislation you want. Take a look at the last covid legislation and maybe you'll begin to realize what's really going on.

Everyone should be outraged at what happened in this farce of an election. Congratulation to those who don't want to admit it. You're now a proud card carrying member of a political party that has turned our country into a banana republic.
SSGT Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:59 PM   #43
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 480 Times in 178 Posts

Twitter has permanently suspended Trump's account. WTF. Over 70,000,000 Americans voted for him. Seems as though that everyone wants to kick him when he is down.
To me, why would anyone want to be president that has a wonderful wife, all the money he needs, and can golf everyday....why put up with idiots unless you sincerely want to "fix" our country. I believe that he did his absolute best to fix some big problems. I agree with nearly all of them. But, of course, I was a business manager for a fortune 500 company. I understood Trump, he is a businessman. Anyone on this site, that has ever had to "make a payroll", pay workers comp, pay social security and 401Ks for your employees.....understands how Trump ran the country. Remember him starting out by saying Boeing was charging too much for a new Air Force 1.
Those that live off the government, of course, would never agree with Trump. When Trump would say that unemployment is lowest ever for a certain group, I wished he would shut up. That comment sent a message that "we can get more money from the government"
My biggest complaint with Trump is that he said "I" way too much and should have said "we".
My prediction is that within a year, majority Respectable Americans will wish he were back. I would vote for Trump again.
While I'm on a roll....Ashli Babbit absolutely should not have been in the Capitol...she knew better...she was killed. I watched the video over and over. The Capitol cop had his finger on the trigger the whole time....not on the trigger guard. The cop was 6-7 feet away and he took a "head shot". Why? Just because he could? One last thing. I read that everyone involved with the attempted take over could be charged with murder. Something like, if a felony is committed, all participants can be charged with the crime. I wonder if that is true for all the prior shootings.

I'm done. Have fun

Last edited by SStockDart; 01-08-2021 at 10:40 PM.
SStockDart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:07 PM   #44
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 480 Times in 178 Posts

Oops, duplicate

Last edited by SStockDart; 01-08-2021 at 09:55 PM.
SStockDart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:07 PM   #45
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

[QUOTE=fred johnston;631410]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sarvas View Post

Who da cop killers?

Really hate to see people die but common senses should tell anyone, you help to break windows on a federal building-much less the US Capitol---you've got a good chance of taking a bullet.
Did you really watched the video?
There were law enforcement officers in tactical gear right behind her!
Did you noticed that one of the officer's in tactical gear aimed his weapon at the agent that fired his weapon?
His stupidity almost created a friendly fire incident.

No discernment or trigger discipline. That officer should have not be wearing a badge but knowing they way things are happening, he might get a badge or just a slap on the hand.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:09 PM   #46
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
Twitter has permanently suspended Trump's account. WTF. Over 70,000,000 Americans voted for him. Seems as though that everyone wants to kick him when he is down.
To me, why would anyone want to be president that has a wonderful wife, all the money he needs, and can golf everyday....why put up with idiots unless you sincerely want to "fix" our country. I believe that he did his absolute best to fix some big problems. I agree with nearly all of them. But, of course, I was a business manager for a fortune 500 company. I understood Trump, he is a businessman. Anyone on this site, that has ever had to "make a payroll", pay workers comp, pay social security and 401Ks for your employees.....understands how Trump ran the country. Remember him starting out by saying Boeing was charging too much for a new Air Force 1.
Those that live off the government, of course, would never agree with Trump. When Trump would say that unemployment is lowest ever for a certain group, I wished he would shut up. That comment sent a message that "we can get more money from the government"
My biggest complaint with Trump is that he said "I" way too much and should have said "we".
My prediction is that within a year, majority Respectable Americans will wish he were back. I would vote for Trump again.
While I'm on a roll....Ashli Bowman absolutely should not have been in the Capitol...she was killed. I watched the video over and over. The Capitol cop had his finger on the trigger the whole time....not on the trigger guard. The cop was 6-7 feet away and he took a "head shot". Why? Just because he could. One last thing. I read that everyone involved with the attempted take over could be charged with murder. Something like, if a felony is committed, all participants can be charged with the crime. I wonder if that is true for all the prior shootings.

I'm done. Have fun
The CEO of Twitter is just a piece of trash and has the appearance to go of a bum!
Old 01-08-2021, 09:19 PM   #47
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Gallagher View Post
During my life time I have had the good luck to travel all around the world, Asia, Africa and Europe and work with and get to know people of all races and religions. I have helped many of them and they have helped me.
I have gone to school and competed in sports with and against men who looked like me and many who didn't.
I have served my country along side men and women of all races who I respected and followed as they did me.
Most of these people, when I got to know them, I found to be just like me in what their hopes and dreams were for themselves and there families.
A few did not like me and some I didn't like either. However in the final counting we are all connected and so much more alike then different.
If you have had your DNA tested you may find, as my family has, that you have thousands of cousins some of them may be a surprise to you.
One of my 64, Fifth Great Grand-Mothers was an Iroquois child raised and made part of a white family. Another ancestor is an Englishman, Edward Lincoln, who had two sons, Thomas and Samuel, who came to the colonies and each raised families. Edward Lincoln is a common ancestor of President Abraham Lincoln and me.
One thing that I know to be true among most people is that words matter, and trust is easily lost. That said, if you must judge, judge by a persons actions and history and less about their words or promises.

How did we get to where we are today?

Chuck Gallagher
Chuck,

My career and life almost mirrors yours. During my tenure at Boeing, I travelled, meet and work with many around the world. Like you, been around people that liked me and others that I disliked.

So how did we get to where we are today?
Complacency!
We have allowed the current Status Quo to take place because we have become too comfortable and allowed greedy politicians with their own agendas dictate our lives.

We stopped recognizing that these Charlatan's were voted in by us and they have the duty to serve us and not themselves.
We need term limits just like the President for both the house and congress. The truth is that Term Limits will never happen because it is their gold mine.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:00 AM   #48
R4404

Liked 9 Times in 1 Post

Just a question??? An Army vet that I work with asked me an interesting question. What if the young Lady shot by the Security forces at the Capitol would have been a Black male or female ?
Input please , This has been bothering me since he brought this up.
R4404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:54 AM   #49
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,922 Times in 1,560 Posts

[QUOTE=SSDiv6;631442]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred johnston View Post

Did you really watched the video?
There were law enforcement officers in tactical gear right behind her!
Did you noticed that one of the officer's in tactical gear aimed his weapon at the agent that fired his weapon?
His stupidity almost created a friendly fire incident.

No discernment or trigger discipline. That officer should have not be wearing a badge but knowing they way things are happening, he might get a badge or just a slap on the hand.
The Agent saw a weapon and fired. It wouldn't have mattered if that lady was green.

Reality, what a concept!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:39 AM   #50
R4404

Liked 9 Times in 1 Post

My question was more of the medias spin on the event.
She should not have been there period.
R4404 is offline   Reply With Quote