Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-03-2019, 09:52 AM   #441
Chuck Beach

Liked 59 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Beach
Default Re: "Live From" US Nationals Indy 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
WJ is fine, he did a long burn out and the car got away from him.

They were supposed to do the rest of first round eliminations, but there was not enough time. It was a shame as the racing was good, lots of tight racing throughout the rounds. Hopefully DRC will have the numbers up later today.

Good morning everyone and we are still here. I have photos of Mondays action, but I want to hit the road so check back tomorrow as editing will take a while. We had a great heads up final in Stock and the FSS final was very cool with Bill Skillman doing a 300 foot plus power wheelstand for the win. I think I got the photos, its tough to get good ones at night.

My thoughts on how Indy 2019 went. Parking was a nightmare, and my appreciation and thanks goes to the parking crew. They were short handed and worked none stop to fix a mess that should have never been.
In my opinion they was no excuse for the way it was handled.

As far as tech went I will have to say that there were more cars looked at than I have seen it a long while. There were lots of tech officials on hand and I believe there was 12 Stockers torn down and 8 Super Stockers, with a total of 4 cars getting bounced. Checking carbs and throttle bodies for all class winners was a welcome surprise, it was hectic but they got it done.

As far a racing goes, well you forget about parking, tech and you say its cool to be at Indy. Visiting with old friends, meeting new ones. Its a crazy feeling Indy with lots of emotional swings. You want to be here, and its a long week, but with the parking fiasco and the rain delays you say to yourself, do I come back next year. Well the answer for me is.... Hell Ya!, I'll be back.

I don't get to respond to all your post, but I do read them. Without you guys and girls there would be no Class Racer, I appreciate all your support, more than you know. Its a unique community with a wide variety of a opinions, and we may not always get along, but I don't think I would want it any other way.

I'm ready to hit the road, so don't forget to check back tomorrow. My next live from will be from Maple Grove in two weeks.
Ken, it was great to see you and chat, Indy is Indy and without some kind of unexpected event it would not be the same. For me it was a good long week but the racing did not turn out as expected. Missed the tune-up by a mile but still managed to run Ok. Billy Nees, the manifold had no affect, actually could have run faster, thanks for pointing it out over the last year or so. Ken you forgot to mention the fiasco in your pits, had to tow some cars away. Great reporting and good luck at the Grove!!
Old 09-03-2019, 10:28 AM   #442
JHeath

Liked 370 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Wright View Post
In car video of first round win in my FS/G CobraJet
Great video as always George !
what camera are you using ?
JHeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:09 PM   #443
Ray Gottry

Liked 61 Times in 22 Posts

Great video. I am a stick guy too! How did you acquire a 2102 Mustang? Got you order in early, LOL! Wish I could have been there! Maybe next year.
Ray Gottry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:00 PM   #444
George Wright

Liked 346 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeath View Post
Great video as always George !
what camera are you using ?
Thanks Jerry! I have a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:00 PM   #445
larrylomascolo

Liked 64 Times in 28 Posts

Maybee if they had a sheet of paper given to each spectator explaining the class and what rules they have to follow,it would educate fans about sportsman and pro racing,,,just a thought..Its sick to see empty seats during qualifying and class
larrylomascolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:08 PM   #446
George Wright

Liked 346 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Gottry View Post
Great video. I am a stick guy too! How did you acquire a 2102 Mustang? Got you order in early, LOL! Wish I could have been there! Maybe next year.
Ray,
I bought a CobraJet BIW (Body In White) kit from Ford. I did all the work except for the paint and the 5.0 Liter Coyote engine. The engine was assembled by Jim Ronzello (JRP). I have a build thread for my CobraJet on this site at: https://classracer.com/classforum/sh...ad.php?t=55794
Old 09-03-2019, 01:12 PM   #447
Ray Gottry

Liked 61 Times in 22 Posts

thanks, I'll go check it out.
Ray Gottry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:23 PM   #448
Nick Heath

Liked 508 Times in 117 Posts

Thanks again Ken for all of the fantastic photos and reporting. It's hard enough for me to keep up with everything happening at Indy - and I'm not even racing a car!

I must go back to my earlier skepticism about the Monday schedule. Great effort by the NHRA crew and all the racers that worked together to get through the program last night! Ending at 10:30pm is not ideal but it could have been a lot worse (racing on Tuesday, or 2 weeks from now, etc).

If only I knew that a snide comment or two was all it would have taken to get things moving - I would have spoken out earlier in the week. LOL
Nick Heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:27 PM   #449
quickford1

Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts

Ken
Thanks for your reporting and photos on Indy.
Rich
quickford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:54 PM   #450
Jerry Terry

Liked 450 Times in 133 Posts
Thumbs up Re: "Live From" US Nationals Indy 2019

Ken thanks for all you do for all of us retired racers that still like to stay up on things and
all the pics you take for us also liked the videos. Im sure its like a full time job besides your racing effort.
Good luck at Maple Grove !

Jerry
Retired 3490 3492 STK SS SST
Jerry Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked