HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-17-2020, 09:47 AM   #31
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 654 Times in 209 Posts
Cool Re: L.A. mayor considers banning outdoor sports.....

Speaking of Pomona Drag Strip, they used it Monday or Tuesday. Not for its originally intended purpose, but as a distribution point for dispensing paper products, diapers, food stuffs and whatever else. People drove up one lane and the staff of the distribution had tables set upon a long line in the other lane and dispensed things people needed as they drove up. I immediately recognized the place, and it was a good use for the track to borrow it to help someone else. They only use the track twice a year for the two national events, so it just sits the rest of the year.Might put us in a better public eye.
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-17-2020, 11:22 AM   #32
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,886 Times in 580 Posts
Default Re: L.A. mayor considers banning outdoor sports.....

Normal years = Pomona has around 8 or 9 High Performance and Collector
Swap Meets as well. Truly Huge and some of the largest in the Country.
If you walked up and down every row = I believe they stated over 10 Miles!
Many years there are some other races as well....Usually muffler cars. the Fairgrounds is a major benefit to local economy!
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 01:20 PM   #33
Dano

Liked 53 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmotorsports View Post
I just have to say...... Rod look at the numbers of people in Michigan , New York that are sick and how quickly its spreading . Look at history . 1918 -1919 Flu Pandemic 675.000 died in the USA alone. I can be a sheep for a while.
I don't remember hearing about Semi Trailers end to end loaded with corpses because of the flu either...….
Old 04-17-2020, 03:35 PM   #34
boxmotorsports

Liked 52 Times in 23 Posts

Hey , I'm not a doomsday person, but how can you not see the mass graves in New York city on Hart Island as something that shouldn't be taken lightly. I want to race as much as the other guy and as soon as we can.................... To each his own and what ever you feel comfortable with.
boxmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 06:18 PM   #35
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,348 Times in 412 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Greene View Post
Sheep are about the dumbest animal there is. They will follow a goat to slaughter. This is about the HOAX Virus nothing was said about Cancer a very real disease. I also beat cancer and have lost loved ones to it. Again this is about the HOAX Virus.
COVID-19 has already killed over 37,000 Americans, and will probably kill over 60,000 before it is completely contained; please explain to me how that is a HOAX. Are the numbers somehow not true, are the refrigerated trucks lined up at the hospitals in New York City to store the dead bodies just an illusion, are the other 184 countries in the world that are fighting this disease all lying to? There is no vaccine for COVID-19 and there probably won't be one for at least a year; and more importantly, there is no treatment or cure. But I am quite sure that in your infinite wisdom you already knew everything that I stated, and just chose to ignore all of it because it somehow is a HOAX.
Old 04-18-2020, 02:40 AM   #36
Rod Greene

Liked 204 Times in 72 Posts

Many more die from the flu, obesity, smoking. This HOAX virus is 98% survivable. All the states you mention are claiming every death a virus death to get federal money( funny how they are BLUE states). Most of the people that could die from this would probably die from the flu. It is political BS and you SHEEP are following the media like a JUDAS goat.
Old 04-18-2020, 05:28 AM   #37
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Many more die from the flu, obesity, smoking. This HOAX virus is 98% survivable. All the states you mention are claiming every death a virus death to get federal money( funny how they are BLUE states). Most of the people that could die from this would probably die from the flu. It is political BS and you SHEEP are following the media like a JUDAS goat.
Well, there you have it folks, Dr. Greene has spoken.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:57 AM   #38
Paul Sarvas

Liked 173 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
It is political BS and you SHEEP are following the media like a JUDAS goat.

I'd rather be a live sheep than a dead jackazz...

pS
Paul Sarvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 11:44 AM   #39
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,656 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sarvas View Post
I'd rather be a live sheep than a dead jackazz...

pS
Well you always have the option to shelter at home if you choose. Seems most of America is tired of this crap and wants to get on with life. The economic impact will be worse for most than the virus. Here in Florida the governor has already started to back off on restrictions. Some of the beaches are opening and they are talking about opening restaurants back up real soon. I can tell you I have worked every day and moved about as needed. We do our best to distance at work. We have about 75 working on the job every day and no one has come up sick in the last month. In the past two weeks I have seen a definite increase in traffic on the roads so people are out and about more than they were at the start.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:46 AM   #40
Eric Voigt

Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts

The COVID-19 is real and should not be taken Lightly. My wife works in the surgical dental field and has been off work since March 17th and MIGHT get to go back to work till maybe May 4th if all goes well. All the staff in the office are convinced they were exposed to it earlier however, no signs by anyone and they cannot get tested either way.

I have a friends car in my shop right now that we just finished and the owner and his wife came down with it in March and testing was confirmed Late March they had it and are SLOWLY getting better. He explained to us it's very painful and nothing like he's experienced before. They probably won't be healthy enough till May to get out.

My concern is some do not take this seriously enough and things get opened too soon and we lose what progress has been made. Until there is a vaccine for it, who the heck really knows.

Last edited by Eric Voigt; 04-18-2020 at 02:44 PM.
Eric Voigt is offline   Reply With Quote