Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-19-2016, 12:57 PM   #31
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,557 Times in 1,729 Posts
Default Re: Stock/Super Stock At NMCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
How about just adding a STK/SS combo race class at 3-4 NMCA events to see if there's the car count to add a class for 2018.
Even with a light turnout, it would be quite a bit bigger than some of the classes they have.

Unless things have changed recently, NSS and NMC are the biggest classes ...Both breakout eliminators.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:52 PM   #32
nssracer

Liked 206 Times in 23 Posts

Open Comp, NSS and NMC are they most populated classes in this series much like Stock and SS are in NHRA. Looking for big rule changes to bring a few more cars upsets the current racers in these classes. They have taken the the time and money to build to the class rules and expect others to do the same. Major rule changes have been tried in the past with the hope of bring in new cars with very little new racers showing up. So some NHRA cars can run these classes with little or no change to their cars. So bring them out you will have a blast. I would like to see the NMCA hold a couple Stock/SS combo races to test the waters. If that would work adding a Stock class and a SS class to their program with full NHRA rules and enforcement would be cool. With quotas lower at NHRA national events this would give NHRA Stock/SS another place to race. If 40 to 50 Stockers and 35 SS show up it would be also one of the larger NMCA classes. I have passed these ideas on to NMCA and they are interested. Lets see what happens.

Thanks, Doug Duell
nssracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:18 PM   #33
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
How about just adding a STK/SS combo race class at 3-4 NMCA events to see if there's the car count to add a class for 2018.
I agree ^^
problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich67stang View Post
IMO, If NMCA wants to increase car count and bring in NHRA/IHRA class cars, the rules need to be so that there is complete cross over. I do not see any class racers readjusting their cars to run the NMCA.
I agree ^^

If the NMCA truly wants class racers to join their events, then they need to understand that most Stock/SS racers do not want to adjust their combos to fit into another organization's rules.
These cars have logged alot of runs with data and the drivers are comfortable with their combos.

JMO
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:30 PM   #34
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssracer View Post
Open Comp, NSS and NMC are they most populated classes in this series much like Stock and SS are in NHRA. Looking for big rule changes to bring a few more cars upsets the current racers in these classes. They have taken the the time and money to build to the class rules and expect others to do the same. Major rule changes have been tried in the past with the hope of bring in new cars with very little new racers showing up. So some NHRA cars can run these classes with little or no change to their cars. So bring them out you will have a blast. I would like to see the NMCA hold a couple Stock/SS combo races to test the waters. If that would work adding a Stock class and a SS class to their program with full NHRA rules and enforcement would be cool. With quotas lower at NHRA national events this would give NHRA Stock/SS another place to race. If 40 to 50 Stockers and 35 SS show up it would be also one of the larger NMCA classes. I have passed these ideas on to NMCA and they are interested. Lets see what happens.

Thanks, Doug Duell
Good post Doug.
I have ran both NMCA and NMRA events with my Stockers and there are spectators at these events that were asking me questions about my car and the Stock Eliminator rules.

At the NMRA events, there are a lot of young 20-40 year olds that have never been around a NHRA/IHRA class car.
My guess is it is the same at NMCA events.

I believe that allowing the Class cars in their own combo class at the NMCA events would be an excellent opportunity to help the organization expand and to help showcase our type of race cars to some of the younger racers and fans.
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:04 PM   #35
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,749 Times in 424 Posts

I wonder if Top Stock would work for them? Would the NHRA racers support that? (Traditional A/B/C cars)
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:24 PM   #36
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,547 Times in 1,981 Posts

If topstock does make a return each racer should have a spec. sheet in there pits showing: lift, valve size, compression ratio, solid or hyd. camshaft, single or double springs, runner cc.and head cc. This will show fans how much attention to detail was taken to get the car to run that fast. Almost forgot the weight of the car.
Larry Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:38 PM   #37
Mike Keener

Liked 25 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich67stang View Post
IMO, If NMCA wants to increase car count and bring in NHRA/IHRA class cars, the rules need to be so that there is complete cross over. I do not see any class racers readjusting their cars to run the NMCA.
Bingo ...Period...end of story. I totally can't believe the response Rusty got from NMCA. What an absolute joke that response was!

Mk
Mike Keener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:22 AM   #38
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts

Both NMCA and NMRA put on spectacular events and always have. They also draw plenty of spectators. I don't see them bending over backwards to accommodate any of us at the expense of their current base. With that being said, by all means participate in the classes which are already liberal in the current rules...a lack of wheelie bars does not affect the majority of Stock Eliminator vehicles.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:13 AM   #39
T-Bolt Racer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Steve Baur's response to wheelie bars

I passed your suggestion on.

Unofficially, the fact that we have cars running 210 mph to the eighth without wheelie bars doesn’t bode well for the change.------------------ My thought is if we had tube chassis 4link cars we would not need wheel bars also but we have stock bodies leaf spring cars so the only way to get traction is get the front end off the ground some of the short wheel base cars need them!!!
T-Bolt Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:56 AM   #40
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts

In reality the only classes we could compete in are NSS and NMC. The NSS crowd are an extremely tight knit and organized bunch and until they themselves begin to clamor for a rule change there will be none...period.

NMC is a little different in that it encourages participation from cars that are representative of street driven machines and in many cases participants actually do drive them on the road. My thoughts are the current crop are having no problems negotiating the track, thus no reason at this time to revise the rules.

I think this thread got off track a bit...it was a simple invite to come participate in a great series of races. NMCA has no problems with car counts or drawing spectators...they certainly would not welcome any undue strife.