HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-05-2015, 12:07 PM   #31
Stephen & Horace Johnson

Liked 151 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: "Live" from Montgomery 2015 Division 2 points

Super stock not a good turnout... They just ran 1st qualifying.. Air was 3000ft, 90degrees.. A few superstockers are broke and missed 1st round...
Stephen Johnson #2162
Horace Johnson #2167
SS/D 427 Ford Fairlane NHRA-IHRA
Stephen & Horace Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:27 PM   #32
Pat Comstock

Liked 19 Times in 9 Posts

[QUOTE=Larry Hill;472763]Pat, we didn't start until about 9:30!

Thanks Patsy. Live timing started working so guess there wasn't a problem. You know how it is when you are stuck at home and wondering.... LOL
Pat Comstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:32 PM   #33
BLIND MULE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When this race was always held in the Fall it had a huge car count and many records were reset don't understand why so many back to back races??? June can be brutal in ALA!
BLIND MULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:15 PM   #34
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,557 Times in 1,987 Posts

This race was supposed to be in April, but the rain caused it to be rescheduled.

20 stock and super stock cars showed up for 1st round of combo.

We made it thru the 1st round along with both Penningtons, Helms, Nick Morris, Rusty Johnson, Rampy, Ewing, Hairrington, and Womack.

It is 90 degrees, density altitude 2900'
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:12 PM   #35
Pat Comstock

Cool Re: "Live" from Montgomery 2015 Division 2 points

I'm looking at results from the stock/ss combo and am thoroughly confused. How did J Allen Sherman run round 2 when he didn't run round 1? Scratching my head
Old 06-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #36
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

You are right, Pat! I went to the tower about that one. My answer was they said they would wait for him to fix his car and they didn't. So they just let him run 2nd round without even running the first let alone winning it. Also they let Ricky Pennington enter his stocker and super stocker both. There should not have been a bye 2nd round. But that is all up to the discretion of the division director and Rich allowed it.

Kevin had a fuel line come loose on the starting line and had to shut it down.

We won 2nd round!
Old 06-05-2015, 03:08 PM   #37
Pat Comstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
You are right, Pat! I went to the tower about that one. My answer was they said they would wait for him to fix his car and they didn't. So they just let him run 2nd round without even running the first let alone winning it. Also they let Ricky Pennington enter his stocker and super stocker both. There should not have been a bye 2nd round. But that is all up to the discretion of the division director and Rich allowed it.

Kevin had a fuel line come loose on the starting line and had to shut it down.

We won 2nd round!
Thanks for the update... I figured Kevin had a problem with the car when he didn't run. As long as he stays safe, that's all that matters. Wow, sounds they are making up their rules as they go this weekend....I didn't know the track ever waited on anyone to fix their car... if you weren't ready when they called you to the lanes you just didn't run. Guess I'm just old... LOL Thanks again for keeping me in the loop. And congratulations on winning round 2!!

Last edited by Pat Comstock; 06-05-2015 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:16 PM   #38
Allen Sherman

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Comstock View Post
Thanks for the update... I figured Kevin had a problem with the car when he didn't run. As long as he stays safe, that's all that matters. Wow, sounds they are making up their rules as they go this weekend....I didn't know the track ever waited on anyone to fix their car... if you weren't ready when they called you to the lanes you just didn't run. Guess I'm just old... LOL Thanks again for keeping me in the loop
I broke a shock mount on the first time trial and I got it welded and was bolting the tire on the car as they started running the combo race, my wife went up to the lanes and told them I was on my way and they said no problem they knew I was coming, however there was a miscommunication in the lanes and they pulled super street out in front of me because I was in fact pulling up as the last car in the combo race was running. I went up and talked to the guys in the tower and they said it was unfair that there was miscommunication and it was also unfair to make someone who had already run come back and re run against me. I'm kinda offended that there's so much animosity towards me over this but so be it, this used to be a sport full of sportsman and people having fun but now it's become cutthroat and spiteful, pretty sad...none of us are getting rich off this, just be happy, have fun and race.

Allen
Allen Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:48 PM   #39
Allen Sherman

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

And for what it's worth I went to the tower just asking for my entry back since I didn't even get to make a run in the combo race. I didn't ask to be put in second round...
Allen Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:01 PM   #40
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Rampy, Hairrington, and Ewing left in Combo! Larry had a -.010 red light in 3rd round. We just made another qualifying shot for the Lucas Oil race and we are done for the day. At 94 degrees, I think everyone is ready for some air conditioning and a cold one!